So... what's your FAVORITE movie? No wishy-washy answers!

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Gotta be the Goonies, though I can watch Brewster's Millions over and over. Goonies wins, I only brought up the other one to avoid a 2 word answer.

King Aragorn

Mar 15, 2013
Lord of the Rings. I view them all as one big movie, it's what they were made to be, really. They were filmed together, edited together....

Coppernerves

Oct 17, 2011
Jack the Potato said:
I like the diversity of choices. I'm also noticing a lot of movies that are either from or before many of our collective childhoods. I've seen a share of older movies, but there's quite a few "classics" I've passed on solely because I never saw them as a kid, but now that I'm an adult I already know so much about them from word-of-mouth that I don't think I'd be able to really get into them despite how good they are. Like the Sandlot or the Back to the Future movies. That's also part of the reason I love Kung Fu Panda 2 so much is because, while I had seen Kung Fu Panda before it, I wasn't expecting much more from it and was surprised by it's sheer quality. It's also one of the only movies I've ever teared up from, and I've seen some sad movies.

God damn, this scene got me good.

Surprisingly hard to find the whole scene on youtube, but this covers almost all of it. :/
I teared up from Kung Fu Panda more than its' sequel, Pos' orphanisation was more a loss to his parents than him, and they were characters I just didn't know, and Lord Shen wasn't really sympathetic.
Although I loved the bit where the Alpha refused to fire upon his own pack, if there's ever a sequel I'd like to see the wolves get some more characterisation.

But compare this to the shame of Master Shifu, the passing of Master Oogway, the loss of Mr Ping whose son is leaving the nest, and the raising and dashing of Tai Lungs' hopes to be the Dragon Warrior...

I'm really not sure what my favourite film is though.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Ghostbusters. It is the perfect blend of action, horror, sci-fi, and comedy. I love the idea of ghosts as pests that can be cleaned up like rats or roaches (though admittedly you don't need a positron collider to kill rats). Strange otherworldly beings worshipped as ancient deities makes perfect sense. Also, Bill freakin' Murray.

Runner-up: Fight Club. Dark humor, exquisite dialog and plenty of it, interesting insanity, social commentary. Oh, and gut-churning violence, gotta have that.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
FizzyIzze said:
nomzy said:
The Man from Earth
BAM. Nicely chosen, sir. That's my choice as well. I got the Blu-ray first, then the DVD because I realized the DVD had commentary. I even tracked down the empty house where they filmed it using Google Earth.

Bloody hell, someone else on has heard of that film? And not one, but two others. I've mentioned it at some point or another to almost everyone I know, and none have even heard of it. A salute to you both.

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
My favourite movie? I dunno, too many. But one I could watch any time? Ghostbusters. I love Blade Runner but I can't watch it as often, you know?

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
Johnny Impact said:
Ghostbusters. It is the perfect blend of action, horror, sci-fi, and comedy. I love the idea of ghosts as pests that can be cleaned up like rats or roaches (though admittedly you don't need a positron collider to kill rats). Strange otherworldly beings worshipped as ancient deities makes perfect sense. Also, Bill freakin' Murray.

Runner-up: Fight Club. Dark humor, exquisite dialog and plenty of it, interesting insanity, social commentary. Oh, and gut-churning violence, gotta have that.
I agree n Fight Club but I never found it as violent as folk say.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
If you twist my arm and force me to pick just one....

Nightmare before christmas. I wish i could give an awesome detailed explanation as to why, but other that its my fav tim burton film and that i liked the esthetics and overall feel, i really can't.

Aug 19, 2010
Equilibrium.
The action scenes are glorious, the acting is great, it's well paced, the music fits perfectly, and it all feels kind of like a early '90 video game. I love everything about that movie.

Hap2

May 26, 2010
The Sonic the Hedgehog movie is something that I know so well that I have played the whole film out in my head on long trips when I have had nothing else better to do. The music, the animation, the villain, and the beautiful way they all come together in the end for the final battle sends shivers down my spine every time.

Following that, I would probably say Fight Club, V for Vendetta, The Incredibles, Seven Samurai, and Laputa/Castle in the Sky all fall in there somewhere closely.

JFKRowling

Mar 15, 2013
It would be really hard for me to pick just one favorite movie, but since you asked which movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of it, then that makes it easier. Gremlins because everything about it is awesome, shortly followed by The Pink Panther Strikes Again because Peter Sellers.

[small] Also, I've lurked here for over a year and spent a lot of time on these forums, and I have no idea why I would chose to make this my first post. [/small]

rednose1

Oct 11, 2009
Hands down Boondock Saints
Everyone was awesome in the movie, has tons of action, and poses a pretty damn good question to at the end. Rare for movies to be this awesome nowadays

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
Highlander. A Frenchman playing a Scotsman and a Scotsman playing an Egyptian from Spain.

With swords and the best soundtrack ever.

It's a kinda Magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeLvu6mu4-s

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Lord of the Rings. Amazing battles, great acting, some of the best music in movies, and great monologues/speeches.

Also 2001: A Space Odyssey. Covers the entire existence of man from ape to ascended being.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
A Night at the Roxbury

Either that or The Producers (2005)

The first due to childhood and an awesome soundtrack, the second due to amazing musical numbers like one particular scene with a bunch of old ladies.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
The Fall. I don't even have to clarify why, because if you've seen it, then you should know, and if you haven't, then you have one of the greatest surprises of your life ahead of you, so lucky you!