Spawn Camping Marathon Gets Black Ops Players Banned

jayzz911

Nov 9, 2010
Mcface said:
So you ban people for using your game against you?
thats bullshit. fix the game.
srry for double post got captcha error the first time then lag then i had 2 posts.

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
Baresark said:
lizards said:
Baresark said:
snip
They could update the map to fix it. Change the map so the spawn points are in a secure location. Perhaps an area players can't readily access without having spawned there. But, that would require changing the map in some way, they don't like to release maps without being paid money for it though. Like I said in a previous post, lots of games have preset spawn points, such as TF2, only they make those points secure, and you can't be spawn camped.
....what? im being serious i have no idea what you are implying because ANYTIME you EVER have FIXED SPAWNS you are going to have SPAWN CAMPING, it doesnt matter what the design is, if its in the open theyll hang back and shoot you, if its enclosed they will wait at the entrances

and are you fucking kidding me, tf2? have you ever played it? half the battle every single game is just breaking out of the spawn, rainbow six vegas was basically a tug of war between can you even name a game with fixed spawns that doesnt have spawn camping?

the only credible answer that i know of that you could give his bad company 2 and that still has a little of it but the maps are so massive you could be spawned anywhere almost and most of the time you spawn with a squadmate which means you are usally at least fairly safe for a few seconds
That isn't the same thing. These guys were waiting, at the spot where people spawn and knifing them as they spawned. Your talking about base camping, which is quite different. Base camping is annoying, but you can get out of the base with a good coordinated effort. I actually enjoy the challenge of overcoming base campers. In these cases though, it's not an instant kill as soon as you spawn. And yes, I have played TF2. I enjoy it immensely. In BFBC2, people occasionally base rape, and that is annoying, but I have never seen anyone do that without a swift warning, and if you keep doing it, a kick from the server. And then you don't get any points when you get kicked from the server. So, that is a good penalty in my book.

Calm down, take a deep breath, haha. It's all good.
why is it whenever anybody challenges someone and brings up some valid points that makes the other person think, nearly 80% of the time you see "chill out man" "its just a video game" or some other equally stupid thing?

and you are confused, i have no idea where you got "base rape" from but im sorry to tell you that spawn=base base=spawn, and to be honest ive never even heard spawns being called bases before

and also when i think about it team fortress is even more invalid as an example because black ops and the other cod games are 1 shot (roughly dont get particular) kill games, team fortress isnt

and lastly consoles dont have servers and this is the stupid shit that results from not having servers if they did then this would be a non issue, the reason that camping never got to bad in vegas was because if anyone was being to much of a jackass the host would just ban them, but its cod games are not, so you cant ban anyone

tjcross

Apr 14, 2008
-Samurai- said:
Kenko said:
-Samurai- said:
Hey, way to punish players for exposing the flaws in your game, Treyarch.

Maybe the people getting beat were in league with the spawn campers, or maybe they're like me and refuse to quit no matter how badly they're getting beat.
There's exposing a flaw and then theres exploiting it to get an unfair advantage over others.
And while that's completely true, horrible spawns aren't exactly a new problem. It's Treyarchs fault that there is something in their game to exploit.
so you expect perfection in a game no matter how hard any group of mortals try there will always be flaws and by extension exploitable flaws camping is one of those flaws that can never be fixed give them a bit of invincibility when they respawn and the campers will wait 5 seconds away or in a sniping position. so even if the system is horrible the only way to stop spawn camping would be to remove spawning and you know how well that would turn out to the average fps player

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
ninetails593 said:
PEOPLE. THESE WERE BOOSTERS. THEY WERE NOT EXPLOITING THE SPAWNING SYSTEM, THEY WERE LENDING EACH OTHER KILLS.
Yeah, there are debunking videos showing that at least one player on the other team basically would hip fire in place until someone on the other team finds him and kills him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKBxJisPCfY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUavxduO8oo

Palademon said:
How can you punish someone for playing the game in a legitimate way? Playing that way is physically allowed.
The ultimate responsibility lies with Treyarch, sure.

To say then that they must allow players to abuse the game, because it is their fault, is silliness. Use a glitch to boost one's stats like this is not done in good faith at all.

And the idea that this mechanic could be used to trap a non-compliant enemy team is awful, and something that should be prevented at all costs. The best way to do that is resetting the stats of the offending players, since that seems to be all they really care about.

Shit, they aren't even playing the game.

staleBread

Feb 24, 2011
Wow people jump off the CoD-hate bandwagon. They were banned for boosting, not for being too awesome at the game. They had friends on the enemy team blind firing in their spawns and giving away kills.

TheEldestScroll

Feb 20, 2011
yeah i'm not on good terms with treyarch right now. the ban is pretty unfair.

but really i think call of duty just has to die. people have to realize that they aren't going to get a significantly different experience by buying another 60 dollar military shooter. it seriously should have ended with call of duty 4.

we need innovation, this is why gaming sucks for people that don't enjoy getting all riled up at people online and mindlessly killing things. doesn't it get old after a while?

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
I feel like most of you guys didn't read much past the title....they weren't banned for camping, they were banned for BOOSTING, which is something entirely different, and should be punished on sight. usually with a healthy dose of bullets.

Razgrizaces

Jul 13, 2009
These guys were boosting, they had people who were pretending to be in a normal game play. Note how they only got like a few kills. Any normal player would probably kill people BEFORE they were spawn trapping. The opposite team WAS NOT trying to kill them, hence why people got OVER 500 kills. There's just NO way possible for them to get this legitly. 500 over lots of games, maybe, but 500 in one? No way, unless you hack or boost.

This is justified, you know.

Don't believe me? Facts are here:

Jan 27, 2011
danpascooch said:
The core mechanics of CoD online are so broken, I just find this funny

EDIT: To those who want to argue with me about why I think the core mechanics are broken, here is a copy of a post I made detailing my argument, I don't think CoD is stupid or hopeless, but I do think it needs major reform immediately, I have no intent to start an argument or flame-war, I am merely sharing my opinion that is relevant to this topic:

Alright, let's see if I can do this without starting a flamewar, I think I can manage it. *cracks knuckles*

-SNIP *WISE WORDS* SNIP-

A shooter is not about finding spots to camp on a map, but that's what Call of Duty is all about, leading me to the conclusion that the core mechanics listed above have broken the fundamental aspects of what makes a shooter enjoyable.
Thank you for putting into words WHY I dislike CoD. It just doesn't feel fun to me, and I just could not put into words why, until now. Thanks.

Sux2bu

Mar 4, 2010
How about this : parachute spawn drop where you choose where to fall?

It's a shit game anyway, don't know why anyone would even want to play it.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
lizards said:
Baresark said:
lizards said:
Baresark said:
snip
They could update the map to fix it. Change the map so the spawn points are in a secure location. Perhaps an area players can't readily access without having spawned there. But, that would require changing the map in some way, they don't like to release maps without being paid money for it though. Like I said in a previous post, lots of games have preset spawn points, such as TF2, only they make those points secure, and you can't be spawn camped.
why is it whenever anybody challenges someone and brings up some valid points that makes the other person think, nearly 80% of the time you see "chill out man" "its just a video game" or some other equally stupid thing?

and you are confused, i have no idea where you got "base rape" from but im sorry to tell you that spawn=base base=spawn, and to be honest ive never even heard spawns being called bases before

and also when i think about it team fortress is even more invalid as an example because black ops and the other cod games are 1 shot (roughly dont get particular) kill games, team fortress isnt

and lastly consoles dont have servers and this is the stupid shit that results from not having servers if they did then this would be a non issue, the reason that camping never got to bad in vegas was because if anyone was being to much of a jackass the host would just ban them, but its cod games are not, so you cant ban anyone
Sorry man, I'm not trying to be condescending. We all get worked up about this kind of stuff. It just sounds like people are all worked up when they drop F-bombs and use a lot of capitalized words(see what I did there to add emphasis). Also, you shouldn't assume that because I don't agree and thought you were worked up, it's because you made a valid point. :p

In BFBC2, a base is the general area where the team spawns when your not spawning on your squad. It has structures, supply areas, usually fence, some buildings maybe, and in the case of BFBC2, it spawns vehicles there as well. In this case, there is not a single areas where you spawn at, but a large area where people spawn. A spawn point is a single area where people spawn from all the time. It's not a large area, definitely not a base by any means. I don't agree that base=spawn and spawn=base. A spawn point can be in a base, or it could be anywhere on a map. The idea of it being a base in TF2 is that it's an area where the team spawns and it is segregated to an area where enemies cannot get to. They can't watch you spawn, and knife you as soon as you appear. It is a safe place where you can spawn and not be knifed in the back.

TF2 is a completely different style of game, and not realistic at all, but that doesn't mean it's not a worthwhile example in our little debate.

I agree, not having dedicated server support in competitive games is outright idiotic. The game was more designed for a console than it was for the PC. Since this is harder on consoles (not a developer, so I don't know for sure), I guess the developers didn't want the headache. I think it probably has something to do with the game not being in total control of the developers as well. I mean, whoever owns the server can make their own rules. And Treyach/Activision wouldn't be able to enforce their own rules.

ranger19

Nov 19, 2008
I think I'm going to agree with the majority of people in here and say it's wrong to have banned them. Unless they can provide irrefutable proof that the other team was in on it, it's especially unfair to ban them. I've been in games where I've been doing terribly, but refused because of pride (or a sense of what's right) to finish the game and not disconnect. To ban people "because they did not disconnect and so therefore were in on it" is absolutely wrong.

I'm glad I haven't taken Black Ops MP seriously (and by that, I mean competitively). Reach is the pinnacle of competitive online FPS for me, and it's going to stay that way for a while.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Unless Treyarch says that this isn't allowed when you play online, then they were definitely NOT cheating.

I call bullshit.

Spawn camping's annoying, but it's not cheating usually...

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
Dragonborne88 said:
They aren't punishing you for finding a bad design, they are punishing you for EXPLOITING it to get higher ranks...just because you find a bug, doesn't mean you need to use it.

I've found plenty of bugs in games, even ones that aren't multiplayer, and I see it, then proceed on, without using it, even if it would help me in someway. I have no pity for the people they banned for being cheap.
It's not the players' fault that there's a bug. People will inevitably exploit things to get an advantage (seriously, that's the way most people PLAY CoD, figuring out how to tip the balance in their favor via attachments, camping positions, perk, etc.) Treyarch should FIX the problem. But they won't, since this has been a consistent problem with CoD games as of late.