Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Wait, people still do that?

Might as well call it a MurderBaitDate
I would imagine Tinder is kinda like a blind date.

Also there's other normal blind things, like blind auctions. Are they offensive too now?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I would imagine Tinder is kinda like a blind date.

Also there's other normal blind things, like blind auctions. Are they offensive too now?
Don't know, don't care, and it wouldn't be another step to the death of reason and logic in the west if it were changed by the National Auctioneer's Association in their official guidebook.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Don't know, don't care, and it wouldn't be another step to the death of reason and logic in the west if it were changed by the National Auctioneer's Association in their official guidebook.
Yeah but are they offensive or are they not though? Because if they are we should petition the association to stop being hateful towards the downtrodden and whatnot.

Either nothing is offensive and it doesn't matter whether it is and we are ok with people arbitrarily banning things on a whim just because they can, which means we do not have to abide by their definitions of something's offensiveness outside of the purview of their control, or, there's some actual concern about the betterment of society at hand that we ought to take heed of.

At the moment, people are having their cake and they're eating it too. They want to be like "whatever, it doesn't matter either way, my house my rules" while also pretending to be on the moral high ground and preaching to the moral plebs about how to be a good person, when in fact they are WORSE people than just about anyone who isn't being an authoritarian bully in whatever confines they have a legal right to be one, out of a sense of grace and decency.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Wow, a get woke, go broke situation everyone agrees on?

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
It is almost as if I get to decide what flies in my home but won't tell you what rules should apply in yours. It is almost as if Twitch can decide what the rules for their service is, without demanding that other game services do the same. Strange concept that. Almost as if you could create a proverb about it, Live and let loose or something...
Twitch can name their official streams whatever they want, nobody would get on them for abiding by their own house rules. But when you force other people to abide by your house rules when they're literally in their actual houses doing their own thing, you are not letting them live.

So you are inferring a ton of implied intent on who exactly? If it is Twitch, can you tell me the last time they went on a spiel about being a better person? Are you inferring it on people who are not Twitch and thus had nothing to do with this decision but preach about their morals?

It's both really, it definitely is twitch too but it's hardly just them. As for an example, I remember a couple months back they had this task force of SJWs monitoring content people posted, and one of them was this weird deer-person who was trying to claim that partychat is transphobic. They tend do these sorts of stunts to put out there that they're good and virtuous.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The rhyme really does require Twitch to go broke, which seems unlikely to be driven by a four-page topic on The Escapist forums.
Imagine what the mods would be doing if the Escapist forums could take down Twitch.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Twitch can name their official streams whatever they want, nobody would get on them for abiding by their own house rules. But when you force other people to abide by your house rules when they're literally in their actual houses doing their own thing, you are not letting them live.
They program the tag system. I reckon they get to decide what the tags are

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
This change seems unnecessary. But the fact it happened also seems like the tiniest, most insignificant deal. Who cares?

Reactions: CaitSeith

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
I find this rather concerning, not because of the term itself but streaming platforms more heavily controlling what can be said is just another sad milestone towards cable 2.0. Puritanical broadcasting sensibilities for the whole world this time.

Siyano

May 9, 2020
Country
Canada
I seriously have to ask, who exactly complained that "blind playthrough" was offensive exactly? No one has ever used those term to mistreat or misinterpret anything close to being related to the blindness handicap, so, really, who the hell complained and why does Twitch have to ban such mundane use for the 10 persons? Some blind really complained because they couldnot find "blind" content on a video streaming site????????? Or people were trying to find real "blind" people streaming and found those play-through? I mean WTF?! This just make no sense at all... *sigh*

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I seriously have to ask, who exactly complained that "blind playthrough" was offensive exactly? No one has ever used those term to mistreat or misinterpret anything close to being related to the blindness handicap, so, really, who the hell complained and why does Twitch have to ban such mundane use for the 10 persons? Some blind really complained because they couldnot find "blind" content on a video streaming site????????? Or people were trying to find real "blind" people streaming and found those play-through? I mean WTF?! This just make no sense at all... *sigh*
from what I've seen and heard, don't blind person was ever offended by these terms, it's just more corporate fuckery and them doing things no one asked for.