Texas Man Finds Missile Launcher in the Woods

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
That's awesome. Oh wait. Our military is leaving dangerous high-tech weaponry out in the woods.

Nevermind.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
ElephantGuts said:
That's awesome. Oh wait. Our military is leaving dangerous high-tech weaponry out in the woods.

Nevermind.
The US Military has misplaced nuclear breifcases before, I am not making this up. Believe me I wish I was.

Textbook Bobcat

Sep 9, 2009
Seeing as it's Texas (and if I'm not mistaken you can have Surface to Air launchers as long as you say it's for "self-defence") it doesn't surprise me that he found it laying around.

What does surprise me is that he was stupid enough to turn it in.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Hell, I'll buy it, I need a good Rocket Launcher prop for an action film I want to make >:)

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
ROCKET LAUNGA sorry couldnt resist myself but that was one awesome find he should have used it for hunting!

BarkBark

Aug 14, 2009
Textbook Bobcat said:
Seeing as it's Texas (and if I'm not mistaken you can have Surface to Air launchers as long as you say it's for "self-defence") it doesn't surprise me that he found it laying around.
You never know when you just might need to defend your property. And in Texas property is everything.

BigT65

Jul 1, 2009
Finding a missile launcher in the woods, that's every 10 year old's birthday wish.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Anybody have his number? I need it back. The non-com is screaming my ear off, any help would be greatly appreciated.

[small]I am so getting court-marshaled this time.[/small]

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
L33tsauce_Marty said:
Texas, you confuse me.
^ Lol

For the record thats an 84 mm rocket launcher designed in Sweden its designation is AT4

clever swedes

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
CaptainChaosify said:
Finder keepers. :D
I wonder how it wasn't found earlier.
L33tsauce_Marty said:
Texas, you confuse me.
I second this [small] no offense to anyone that lives in Texas [/small]
None taken. You should come visit sometime - you'll find it's a pleasantly reasonable place, if a bit warm.

asiepshtain said:
ok....

A. cool shit.
B. What a fucking idiot. News flash moron, Explosive weaponry is fucking dangerous. You see something like this, you step back and call the cops. You do NOT pick it up, You do NOT put it in a moving vehicle, You do NOT take it fucking home. I swear to god, the fact that someone this stupid manages to live to maturity is miraculous.
Yeah, it is dangerous. But these things are made to be carried by soldiers through warzones without 'going off'. So I don't think picking it up is going to make it 'go off'. You remind me of one of those people who have never handled a firearm tend to think they're just going to shoot randomly while you handle them.

He did what probably 99% of people (well, guys anyway) would have done - picked it up and taken a picture.

Textbook Bobcat said:

What does surprise me is that he was stupid enough to turn it in.
Yeah... no. I don't know where you got your extensive Texas State law knowledge, but it wasn't in this reality.

Very few states prohibit owning a missile launcher - pretty much all of them (and the federal government) prohibit owning explosives, which means you get no ammo.

And he did the smart thing by turning it in... you don't want to be caught without a federal permit and that thing.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Donnyp said:
I once got Unique Armor that Deflected arrows but had Low durability and was Ethereal lol.

I once found a 20 Dollar bill. Sure missile launchers are Bad ass But 20 bucks?
I (well, my girlfriend at the time) found a £50 note on the stairs in an incredibly busy train station in Birmingham. Paid for our day out, haha.