- Jun 19, 2009
XxRyanxX said:Takeda Shingen said:feeqmatic said:[/Facepalm]...Vault boy Eddie said:You forget that many of us have a reason for disliking Vick. He didn't just kill a cattle to eat it nor kill some bugs because they invaded his home (not saying any of this happened, but it probably did). He had no reason, to have a dog fight for him only to gain profit. There's a difference on why people do things. I admit that things we do aren't justified sometimes and we need to learn our lessons, but it still doesn't excuse people like Vick for what he has done and people will remember that fact because it's been proven.feeqmatic said:Right on. This gets to the heart of what is so wrong with a lot of the Vick hate going on out there. Too many people just want to tear the man down because they can.Vault boy Eddie said:You, like a lot of people seem more satisfied with watching the man fall than what he actually fell for. And the idea that he has the audacity to TRY let alone SUCCEED in rising again brings out a bit of ugly in you and a lot of people.
As I have stated before, I dont think having him on the cover of Madden is a good idea, but this disdain for his existince based on dogfighting charges is ridiculous when coming from bug stomping, meat eating, leather wearing normal people. What it says to me is that it has little to do with the actual crime at hand and more to do with other "factors" of the person who did it.
Society kills animals mainly to survive. We eat meat to grow healthy and not all are ok with eating just veggies (spite that it's really healthy and I got nothing wrong with that, but people simply won't just eat plant-like foods). Along that, people are into fashion so they wear things made from animals. I don't agree that it's ok, but they do so to keep warm or look nice. Yet, you cannot deny the fact that he used an innocent animal like a dog being the most noble creature known to man, fight to the death for no cause other then to gamble.
Not attacking you, but please take note that I am not against Vick cause I simply can. I'm against him because he has literally shown nor remorse or regret for having dogs kill each other for selfish purposes. You can claim/agree with the User you quoted that us discarding his existence is ridiculous, but let me ask you this - How far would you allow a man to go before seeing that he crossed the line? He didn't even serve full time.. he's a famous football player so he pretty much got a slap on the hand rather then what anyone else would of gotten. He's a football player, not a hero who risks his life.. all he does is throws a ball for people's entertainment. He has no credibility and shouldn't be spared criticism all because he is well-known or liked for his skills.
Also, the user above has insulted people for what he/she said. No one is perfect, but to judge us cannot go underway without judging yourself. Without right tensions, we can all point fingers and say how wrong someone is. But, in this situation- we all dislike Vick for his crime that is unbelievably low. That is declaring that he is not worthy of gaining the title of a Game's cover rather then judging him period. This is all I got to say and I hope you understand. When you stick up for someone, really understand the reason why rather then feeling you need to just because you feel that what he did was 'minor' or being taken seriously. Even the Staff here take it seriously, and Bob himself does. What is your reason to defend him? You don't have to answer but I want you to think carefully about that. For I know the reason why I am against him and that is he used his best friend to fight, bleeding out for what? So Vick could gain money and use his beloved pet again till it drops dead. There is no excuse..
1. please find the post where i insulted anyone so i can apologize to that individual. I may have come off abrasive toward one particular poster who seemed very ignorant from the get go, but i have insulted no one.
2. How do you define remorse? How else can vick show he is remorseful, he has apologized on several occasions in several scenarios. He has stayed out of trouble, and he has done more to help stop dogfighting than anyone else in the history of the issue. What else do you want from him to feel that he has been remorseful? Does he really need to chastise and relegate himself to never living a good life ever again to show remorse... really is that what you want? I doubt it, but i would love clarification.
3. The fashion and food industries have long documented atrocities far worse than anything Micheal Vick did. Im not saying this to excuse him, im just pointing out the immense hypocrisy in vehemently seeking Vick's head for participating in dogfighting, yet seem to have no issue with hunting, wearing leather, and eating inhumane/inorganically prepared meat. Yes i know meat and clothes are important factors to human life, but there are plenty of alternatives to the mainstream veins of this industry that show themselves to be much more humane to animals. Except hunting, the line between dogfighting and hunting is paper thin and i simply call BS on bob for being cool with hunting for sport but being completely outraged by dogfighting.
4. Everyone is either willfully or ignorantly disregarding the cultural and social aspect of this issue. In the world Mike Vick grew up in, dog fighting was not seen in the same horrible light. Im not saying that this makes it ok, but Bob and others have painted him with this broad brush of villainy without even trying to observe the totality of the issue. Bob analyzes society for a living so i find it hard to believe he couldnt understand that. It is willful ignorance created by hate, jealousy, and insecurity.
5. AGAIN, I DO NOT THINK HE SHOULD BE ON THE COVER OF MADDEN. But this blind, unreasonable hate towards him, this concept that he "cannot suffer enough," and that he should never be allowed to seek happiness agian is complete nonsense and i expected more sense out of bob who just came off as a butthurt hypocritical nerd with revenge fetish. You dont have to love or support Vick, but in America at least, we are known for second chances, sometimes even 3rd chances. To wish nothing but ill will towards a person is not just wrong... its damn stupid. ESPECIALLY when you are coming from a place of hate and hypocrisy.