The Game Boy turns 20! What's your favorite portable game and why? - CHAT WITH THE STAFF!

siwel_yllek

Apr 22, 2009
Hell yes Pokemon... It is seriously the most addictive game ever in the history of the universe... many a wasted day i have spent just trying to get my pokemon to a certain level... :)

GuerrillaClock

Jul 11, 2008
I always loved the Wario Land games. Supremely designed, gorgeous visual aesthetic and, of course, Wario.
Wah!

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
For the Game Boy I'd say it's pretty close between Metroid II and Pokemon Red/Blue. GBA is a tougher call.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Leaf Runner said:
Mine is definatley The World Ends With You. The gameplay is fun, addicting, and the game just beats every other game in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY. The story is really touching, and it changes your perspective greatly.
It'd be better if they got rid of Beat. He's just soooooooooooooo fucking annoying.

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
Nintendo Game & Watch

i had lifeboat, Mario Bros, donkey kong and mario cement factory.

and i also remember those damn button cells that i used to misplace all the time

[img src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4d/Battery-lithium-cr2032.jpg/150px-Battery-lithium-cr2032.jpg"]

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
justnotcricket said:
Susan Arendt said:
Oh, wow, great question! I take my DS with me whenever I travel -- I can't get on a plane without it. Definitely love Yoshi's Island, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Professor Layton...
Wow - snap! I'll have to add Hotel Dusk and the Phoenix Wright games to that list though - I love mysteries! =)
If you like mysteries, give the Jake Hunter games a try. Good, solid mystery solving in those.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I still have the old gameboy a.k.a the brick. I played Kirby and Wario for a long time.

Then, my parents bought me a gameboy color and the pokemon fever started. Everyone at school brought their gameboy to battle each other. I only loss two times.

Then, the megaman zero series arrived. Beating the game with no upgrade was a challenge.

Nickflip

Mar 27, 2009
Wario Land 4, Pokemon Yellow, Super Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins, Metroid Zero Mission, and Elite Beat Agents are my favorite portable games. I think everyone should play at least one of them if you own the systems.

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Right now, it's Eliss for the iPhone/iPod Touch (it's the only portable I've owned since I sold my Game Boy Pocket). I had Puzzle Quest for a while as well, but quickly found that having instant, 24-hour access to one of the most addictive games I've played in the last year isn't the best idea.

Looking forward to Audiosurf on the iPhone!

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
yggdra union: we'll never fight alone, it was just sooo great it reminded me of ancient empires (NOT AGE OF EMPIRES DONT MIX EM UP I DID ONCE) but yeah it was just such a great challenging and fun game, when it was remastered for the psp i was sooooo happy

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
pokemon blue, i was the only one who bought blue and not red in my school

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Some of mine include:
Super Mario Land 1 + 2= Perfect plattformers, it's that simple
Wario Land (Super Mario Land 3)= Probably the most complex plattformer I've ever played, in the sense that it had multiple endings and a crazy assortment of hats.
Kirby's Dreamland = Damn that Penguin...
Pokemon Red/Blue= The equal of crack for a kid of 10.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
Anachronism said:
I think I have to say Pokemon Red. I spent far too much time playing that game. No other portable game I'd played beforehand had managed to draw me in quite as much. Ok, the story wasn't great, but it was so damn addictive!
This. Red was the shit!

The fact that you can import your mons into Stadium was awesome, and added life to it, too :)

MasterWhatever

Mar 6, 2009
Happy B-Day GameBoy!! My fav games through the years had to be...

GBC: Pokemon Crystal

Advance: Metroid Fusion/ Golden Sun

DS: Mario64DS/ Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia