The most OP Bosses in existence?

TheKaduflyerSystem

Feb 15, 2011
Nemesis from RE3-*ahem* Nemesis
Mainly because of the fact that you would walk round a corner and be like "Fuck, you again?"

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
some random champion elite pack in diablo 3 on inferno with the right extra abilites.. after 20th try and a repair bill on far to much gold.. rage quit :p

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
erttheking said:
I doubt that anyone didn't think that these two were major pains in the asses.
http://www.vgarabia.com/images/2012/03/ornstein-and-smough.png

On another note, there's the Duex Ex HR bosses.
i stopped playing that game because of ornstein and smough. i was feeling sick a few days after i tried and failed for the last time, and i went to the doctor, and he said i was EXTREMELY stressed from something. i knew exactly what.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
erttheking said:

Bloody Smough and Orsteign, I fought those guys with a character with almost no armor, no magic, no shield and using the Lifehunt Scythe. Probably the hardest boss I ever killed and even with a good char its total hell. Orsteign especially is OP because he can fly across the whole room and stab you nigh unavoidably.Taken me a whole day to put these f**kers in the ground. Now for people to call me an idiot and say they punched them to death or something.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
kickyourass said:
Dragon Age: Origins, not quite a specific boss but this game has some of the most insane difficulty spikes I've ever seen. In fact most of the bosses are fairly easy, it's the random pack of completly normal guys that decides to jump you in the street that'll give you problems.

I never thought I'd use the 'save early, save often' montra outside a Sierra game.
i swear the deep roads caused me to give up on that game. partly because of bullsh*t, partly because of difficulty.

wrestledwithgod

Jun 30, 2012
Alatreon solo in MHTri. Deviljho is manageable solo if you have evade+ and know how to use a lance without blocking but Alatreon... 40 minutes of fakout charges and stunlocks. Admittedly, though, he wasn't intended to be fought by anything less than three players.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
Aerosteam 1908 said:
Gears of War 3 on Insane difficulty.
I eventually did it... with 3 other people in Arcade mode.
what part was that, again? the final boss? i just forgot about that *****.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Scarlet from Silent Hill Homecoming... Took me hours to defeat on account of having 1 bullet and a twig to fight her with...

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
bullet_sandw1ch said:
Aerosteam 1908 said:
Gears of War 3 on Insane difficulty.
I eventually did it... with 3 other people in Arcade mode.
what part was that, again? the final boss? i just forgot about that *****.
It wasn't so much about Myrrah and her Tempest mount, all you have to do to avoid it's blinding beam was stay in cover.

But it was the actual boss fight that was bloody grueling. Her infinitely respawning Theron Guards were what made the last chapter difficult.

Take cover from the beam, get fucked by the Guards.
Avoid any eye contact with the Tempest by going to the other side of the building, get fucked by the Guards.
Don't do anything with the beam, get scorched... And fucked by the Guards.

TheMan2203

Sep 14, 2010
Personally I found some of the bosses on the harder difficulties of Ninja Gaiden 2 to be obnoxiously difficult especially when they start to do the moves where they pick you up and repeatedly do heavy damage that you can do NOTHING about.

Faladorian

May 3, 2010

Not to mention, between KH and KH:RCoM you have to fight him 7 times. Yes, seven. That's not counting the Reverse/Rebirth mode either, where you have to fight him at least twice more.

Off of Kingdom Hearts for a minute....

*Darth Malak from KOTOR. I had to kite him around the room for a good 45 minutes, waiting until i got far enough away to throw my lightsaber at him, because fighting close-quarters with him will get you killed in a matter of seconds.

*Lou from Guitar Hero III on expert. I tried and tried and tried and when I finally gave up all I had to show for it was a snapped whammy bar and a loose strum bar, along with lots of chipped plastic.

*Tabuu from SSBB. Anything other than normal mode is pretty much impossible, as he has a move that's tough as hell to dodge and if it hits you, you're dead. No questions asked.

*The first boss from Metroid Prime 3. That's right, the little icy space pirate. Couldn't even kill it. Thenagain, I played it years ago and might be able to beat it now.

*(Not a boss, but...) The last bit of the meat circus in Psychonauts where...
Your father is throwing flaming maces at you while you walk the tightrope and climb flaming gymnastic equipment in a room filling with water, which kills you if you touch it

EDIT: I ALMOST FORGOT!

Definitely the most bone-crushingly impossible bossfight is the final boss of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

You have to kill this guy who's invincible while he runs away from you, planting C4 that you have to defuse before you can catch up with him. The C4 takes forever to defuse, and while you defuse it, these enemy troops come in.

Mind you, this is a stealth-based game where hiding in the darkness is your only advantage over everyone else. Well, the dudes that barge in while you're defusing the C4 have, guess what? Infrared heat-sensing vision goggles. Bye-bye stealth.

Not to mention they use full-auto guns that kill you in less than a second.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
Seth from SF4 (Surprised nobody has said this already).
Shao Khan, from any MK game.
Elizabeth Greene from Prototype.

Just a few of my most hated.

Oh, and to anyone who says Crawmerax, solution; Play Lilith, spec for phasewalking health regen with corrosive melee and smg speed and damage, use a double shot Malevelent Stinger as your main, with a Firehawk and Eridian shotgun as backups, proceed to solo the ***** as much as you want, easy.

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
Mr Companion said:
erttheking said:

Bloody Smough and Orsteign, I fought those guys with a character with almost no armor, no magic, no shield and using the Lifehunt Scythe. Probably the hardest boss I ever killed and even with a good char its total hell. Orsteign especially is OP because he can fly across the whole room and stab you nigh unavoidably.Taken me a whole day to put these f**kers in the ground. Now for people to call me an idiot and say they punched them to death or something.
As a major fan of Dark Souls i can say proudly that i punched these guys to death.

The hardest part was killing smough in the first part of the fight. Because of the constant high damage attacks from all sides and the fact that fist weapons in that game are really really bad (I used them as a self imposed challenge. Yes, you heard me.) it took forever. When i got ornstein alone though it became cake. Thousands of deaths in previous games against this bastard made me a master of dodging. There was no attack he could do that i couldn't dodge.

My hardest boss however is patchoulli from touhou 6. Why patchoulli when a lot of the bosses in the touhou games are harder than her? Because i haven't fought those other bosses because i can't beat her. At least not without being left with 1 life and no bombs. The boss after her mops me up easily.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
honestly, anything with a gay one-shot insta-kill or random 'push u to win' hotkeys that are nowhere near the rest of the controls

plenty of boss-fights annoy me for those two reasons alone

halfeclipse

Nov 8, 2008
Lilani said:
The Pandemonium Warden in Final Fantasy: XI couldn't be beat by an entire guild of players after 18 hours.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/08/pandemonium-war/

Though to be fair, after this happened Square-Enix put a 2-hour cap on all fights of this nature, saying there was a trick to beating it, but they're going to leave the community to figure it out. Now PM has been beaten multiple times in a reasonable amount of time :)
I'll see your Pandemonium Warden and raise you Kerafyrm the Sleeper. More HP then the next boss by 2 orders of magnitude, multiple spamable insta-kills, and enough regular damage to drop the best tanks in a couple hits.

Taking this monster down forced three of the top raiding guilds (combining a couple hundred players) to work together (Which just does not happen) and their strategy was basically "zerg the bastard" in a game where dying causes you to lose XP and even delevel.

Esotera said:

He takes far too long to kill. I suppose if you count Hunters in Halo as bosses, they can be insanely overpowered if you play with all the skulls and highest difficulty.

Revived Saren was hard? I just chain overloaded him, back pedaled a lot, and shot every bullet ever his way. He's gone down like a chump every time.

Vanitas likes Bubbles said:
baddude1337 said:
I'll second the Deus Ex HR bosses, if only because they just don't fit the game at all. You can be stealthing it up when all of a sudden you are forced to take down some teleporting ninja ***** with insane health who can kill you in a matter of seconds. God help those who didn't have at least some upgrades to combat.
All you have to do is spam typhoon like your life depended on it.

OT: Sephiroth from KH2. Not hard once you work a rhythm on him but he can pretty much kill you in one hit.

Spam Trinty limit and chain chug Ethers. He never even gets a chance to hit you if you do it right.

Still a complete SoB in the first game though.

Artful_Gamer

Apr 30, 2012
Killzone 2 Radec on Veteran difficulty

Bane of my existence... I do miss his voiceovers in the multiplayer though, Orlock doesn't even sould nearly as badass.

Hasido

Jun 20, 2011
Cthulu from magicka the stars are left.

he has two attacks (that i remember)

one sucks everything in, and doesn't stop till he eats something (like you) and is an instant kill.

the other is a slow moving homing projectile that causes the person hit by it to turn into a caster minion, which also counts as an instant kill.

chances are, he will shoot the projectile and then suck you in, which means you can't move away from the projectile without falling into his mouth.

from my memory, this is ALL that he does.

Cereals

Aug 2, 2010
the final boss (bosses?) on Chaos Legion

basically you have to fight a guy at the end who has 3 overlapping layers of health and an area of effect attack that managed to take down more than half of my health per hit, and there was very little opporunity to heal during that battle. Eventually i managed to defeat him, only to realise this led onto another boss that was either as difficult or MORE difficult, I can't really remember that well.

Anyway, by that point I had pretty much given up so I went onto the internet to look for a guide and it turns out after you kill the second boss there is a 3rd one which the guide basically described as like the first boss except harder. Anyway, after that I didn't bother attempting the boss battle again.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Vinny Day said:
Hey, i know there has most likely been a million of these threads already, but i want to know who the most annoying/overpowered/cheap, etc. boss or bosses you can think of are.
I'll start this off shall i?
The bloody Black Knights in Dark souls. I know they aren't Bosses per-se, but they made me rage like a boss, so it counts.
What are all you guys thoughts??
cheers :)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/85639-18-Hour-Final-Fantasy-XI-Boss-Induces-Puking

never been beat(at that level im guessing they toned him down at some point)
and the people who tried gave up
it's some bull crap when a boss can make you risk your real heath