The Next Space Marine

Grimlock Fett

Apr 14, 2010
I just spent my afternoon playing it from start to finish. I don't known much about the warhammer universe but Ive always enjoyed a good hack n slash! Borrowed it off my housemate and smashed through it in 5 hours. I'd play a sequel or even a prequel but I dunno if there was enough variety as far as the gameplay goes for me to actually pay next time! Enjoyed the story! Not played MP. Saving my thumbs for GOW3

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
I'm still holding out for a survival horror game where you are just a squishy guardsman on a planet being slowly consumed by invading tyranids, or in a facility being raided by dark eldar.

Some sections would be stealth/evasion type gameplay, other sections would be a balls-out shooter where you desperately defend a hidey hole, but the overall objective would just be survive.
Perhaps it could have multiple endings? If you keep enough of your squad alive and otherwise perform well, you get a 'good' ending and escape the planet. If they die you get exploded to death in exterminatus. And if you get the BAD ending by actually killing the squad yourself... you get rescued, but only after having been impregnated by a genestealer. Thus implying that you've doomed whatever colony you end up on next.

Feb 7, 2009
I'm probably going to catch flack for this, but I would really like to see a cover system implemented. Also, make it so that two people can play from the same console. I hate it when games do this.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
You know, i'd like this style of combat and movement... set in a skyrim-sized open world.

Call it Inquisitor.

One thing that dissapointed me at the end was how quickly the ork force vanished. I mean, theres supposed to be millions of them, and after killing the ork boss, you see zero further orks. After the carnage the orks inflicted, I think a nice short sequence where you pursue/gun down a gaggle of orks as they run away screaming would have been a nice touch.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
Sonicron" post="9.312457.12656292 said:
They left out a few canonical weapons this time around which could be added (such as Power Fists, Lightning Claws, Autocannons and Rocket Launchers), and the idea of a 'Bring down the Dreadnought' game mode has merit as well, I think.quote]

there is an autocannon in the last mission with the blood ravens.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Customisation, building your character and speccing appropriately. Maybe even your own squad or retinue.

Tyranids.

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
Mechanicum. I want to see a Secutor rip through 50 orks with 4 in-built autocannons and then use his servo-arms to literally rip a Nob in half. I want Skitarii, Praetorians and moar Titans.

Xooiid

Feb 1, 2011
Improved Multiplayer mode, with more game modes, some vehicles, and more races (I would love to see a 'swarm' mode similar to Dead Space 2, with the Tyranids on board a Space Hulk.)

As for the outcome of Titus, either he would become a member of the Deathwatch to investigate rumors of the Necron Threat at the edge of the Galaxy, or his connection to the Warp leads him into the arms of the Grey Knights.

Also, Just to get the fanboys into a froth, toss in Cypher and have his chapters getting progressively closer to Terra, with the last chapter at the foot of the Golden Throne itself.

Also, I happen to like the Game Balance. And I don't know about some of the people, but the Bolter is a darned fine weapon even without the Kraken or the Targeter added on, and once those are on it becomes a boss.

Me, I use a Storm Bolter + Melta with rapid deployment, so I can basically pop onto a contested point, usually score one or two kills and keep the other side from capture. Either that or I sneak over to their closest control point while they're fighting the middle ground and take it. Such fun.

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
Well the Last boss battle was a bit of a let down with the QTE but if you watch carefully he telegraphs his attacks so you can do it without using the prompts. Don't do that again. Add a bit more combos/executions to the combat and it would be awesome.

As for the multiplayer; the assault class needs a slight nerfing, i've never won a melee fight against an assault marine when i'm not 1 as well and since they can jump everywhere you get screwed quite easily. As a lot of people are saying maybe have a hero bonus with the MVP getting terminator armour for a short time. finally make sure there's lots of maps and modes, the tiny selection there is now is kinda boring.

For me though i'm more interested in the story. I want to find out if i'm right about how he can resist the warp, I think he's whats called a blank in the fluff (sort of an anti-psyker)

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
I'd love to see a SM vs Tau battle sometime, where you need to find creative ways of avoiding railgun fire.

Also, I'd love to play as:

- An Ork Warboss
- A Tau Commander
- An Eldar Harlequin
- A Dreadnought

Not sure how you'd get a story out of that, but they'd be fun to play as in a 40K game.

Xooiid

Feb 1, 2011
Karma168 said:
Well the Last boss battle was a bit of a let down with the QTE but if you watch carefully he telegraphs his attacks so you can do it without using the prompts. Don't do that again. Add a bit more combos/executions to the combat and it would be awesome.

As for the multiplayer; the assault class needs a slight nerfing, i've never won a melee fight against an assault marine when i'm not 1 as well and since they can jump everywhere you get screwed quite easily. As a lot of people are saying maybe have a hero bonus with the MVP getting terminator armour for a short time. finally make sure there's lots of maps and modes, the tiny selection there is now is kinda boring.

For me though i'm more interested in the story. I want to find out if i'm right about how he can resist the warp, I think he's whats called a blank in the fluff (sort of an anti-psyker)
If he was a blank, then Nemeroth's armor lock wouldn't have worked, let alone the Psyker being able to keep his blood inside, or the 'warp device' working at all.

Blanks have a specific range at which their abilities work, which changes from blank to blank. I think Jurgen (Commissar Cain's aide) has a radius of about 3m from his head outwards, which is why he was able to survive a tyranid attack in one of the novels.

I think that his training suppressed latent psyker traits, which (After coming in contact with the warp) started to manifest himself. Then again, I really, Really want to play as a Grey Knight.

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
Xooiid said:
If he was a blank, then Nemeroth's armor lock wouldn't have worked, let alone the Psyker being able to keep his blood inside, or the 'warp device' working at all.

Blanks have a specific range at which their abilities work, which changes from blank to blank. I think Jurgen (Commissar Cain's aide) has a radius of about 3m from his head outwards, which is why he was able to survive a tyranid attack in one of the novels.

I think that his training suppressed latent psyker traits, which (After coming in contact with the warp) started to manifest himself. Then again, I really, Really want to play as a Grey Knight.
From what i understand from it blanks are like psykers in that there are different levels of power, from able to walk past daemons without being seen to just having mild resistance to psychic powers. So while he could be a blank you're probably right and they might make him a psyker, since that could add quite an interesting mechanic to the combat (must not get excited thinking about torching xenos with warpfire :D)

Jul 5, 2009
Anyone else want to play as a Kill team or The Legion of the Damned?

I think it'd be cool if the next one was a kill-Team made up of Space Marines from different chapters sent to fight Tyranids or Eldar or something. That way no one is annoyed at the vanilla marines!
Though i still want an Ork grand theft Auto.

Sethran

Jedi
Jun 15, 2008
Davey Woo said:
I was quite satisfied with the campaign mode. I'd like a few changes in the multiplayer though.
I think Devastator/Havoc classes should have to enter braced stance to fire all of their weapons, not just the Heavy Bolter.
The stuns need to be changed so that they actually stun people.
The Killing Blow perk needs to either do what it actually says it does, or be removed.
Final Vengeance, seriously, I can't even get away from Matyrdom by not playing Call of Duty!?
Stalker Bolter and Vengeance Launcher, I haven't seen a codex in a while, but I swear the last time I looked neither of these guns existed, so why are they in the game?
Also the last time I looked the Melta Gun wasn't a shotgun, the shotgun was a shotgun?
Why does the Powersword do the same damage as a Chainsword?

Other than these few (haha) things, I love the game, the customisation is brilliant and I can see myself playing it for a long time.
The Vengeance Launcher is a Graia prototype, made specifically for this game - since it takes place on Graia.

Xooiid

Feb 1, 2011
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
Though i still want an Ork grand theft Auto.
Just remember that unless it's red, it's not worth stealin'.

'Da red wunz go fasta!'