The Official Fallout 3 Thread.

Toner

Dec 1, 2008
Richard Groovy Pants said:
Spartan Bannana said:
Yup, pretty rare to spot in the midst of all the music.
What he said, just keep an ear out for: THE EAGLE CLAW
KE-KAWW!!!!!!

I am so going to do an unarmed character and scream that each time I VAT some baddies head off making it soar trough the air before sending Dogmeat to fetch it so I can use it as a coaster back at my place.

<.<

>.>

...What?
Nothing wrong with that at all! I always love the way the ragdoll physics sends the body flying through the air rather comically;

BOOM!

I never knew metal was that light....

A Talon Merc having a rather theatrical pose/recital before his death.

Good stuff, albeit rather silly.

thatonekid393

Dec 6, 2008
I just started my evil character yesterday. My first playthrough was as a complete angel...I aim to be Satan in this one. Got my suite in Tenpenny Tower and I recruited Jericho before taking care of Megaton.

ygetoff

Oct 22, 2008
Knight Templar said:
TsunamiWombat said:
Hey, Fallout 3 know it alls... I found a satelite station garrisoned by some Talon Mercs and a female Ghoul scientist. The ghoul wouldn't fight me, but was hostile and kept running, so I shot her and looted some coords and codes from her. Then I went upstairs and signaled for the "high trousers" sattelite. I climb outside, and I see something fall from the sky and hit the ground with a boom.

So what the hell did I just do?
You set off an ICBM :x
Not sure about that, I was in a underground base and the USA computer there had the option "Launch ICBM". I still have no idea where it ended up.
i have the guide, for backround info, and i read the thing about the ghoul scientist...you set off an experimental orbital weapon.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
1. I can't find the goddamned Lincoln Memorial portrait. I have EVERY Lincoln artifact besides that (i'm wearing his hat and got the beard, plan to find this Paradise Falls place and pay the slavers a visit with the repeater). Anyone know where in the museum it is?

2. The game scope is starting to make me feel a bit...queasy. There's so much to do and one mistake might have removed inteir quest lines. Laudible, but it almost makes me feel...uncomfortable. Paranoid.

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
1. I can't find the goddamned Lincoln Memorial portrait. I have EVERY Lincoln artifact besides that (i'm wearing his hat and got the beard, plan to find this Paradise Falls place and pay the slavers a visit with the repeater). Anyone know where in the museum it is?
I had trouble finding it too. You know the room with the turret? Go up the stairs and it's sitting on a wall right above the desk near the hole in the wall. It's pretty big, and it's sort of yellowish

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
The game scope is starting to make me feel a bit...queasy. There's so much to do and one mistake might have removed inteir quest lines. Laudible, but it almost makes me feel...uncomfortable. Paranoid.
I know what you mean. The quests are very fragile in a way. It can be tough to anticipate what your words or actions will result in, and you'll wonder afterward what would have happened if you said or did something different.

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:

2. The game scope is starting to make me feel a bit...queasy. There's so much to do and one mistake might have removed inteir quest lines. Laudible, but it almost makes me feel...uncomfortable. Paranoid.
Where is his hat and beard? I found his gun, action figure, recording, bill of rights, declaration of independance and sheet music.

Solytus

Sep 2, 2008
Er, Dogmeat disappeared.

I was raiding the remnants of the White House, and after Dogmeat was killed by the behemoth, I booted up an old save file and sent Dogmeat to vault 101, and now I can't find him. Any advice?

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
ThaBenMan said:
TsunamiWombat said:
The game scope is starting to make me feel a bit...queasy. There's so much to do and one mistake might have removed inteir quest lines. Laudible, but it almost makes me feel...uncomfortable. Paranoid.
I know what you mean. The quests are very fragile in a way. It can be tough to anticipate what your words or actions will result in, and you'll wonder afterward what would have happened if you said or did something different.
Yup, I remember in my first playthrough, whenever I found Nuka-Cola Quantum, I drank right up, made the Nuka Cola Challenge a ball buster of a quest
hypothetical fact said:
TsunamiWombat said:

Where is his hat and beard? I found his gun, action figure, recording, bill of rights, declaration of independance and sheet music.
Beard you can get in character creation, don't know about the hat though

InvisibleMilk

Nov 19, 2008
Those of you who played Fallout 3, what did you get on your GOAT?
[/quote]

I kept getting Marriage Counselor, even though I Asked granny for a minigun, i turned the kid in after taking his crap, and when I told off the mad scientist.

Lord Fujor

Dec 8, 2008
I got Tattooist in the G.O.A.T exam, a rough, tough, hairy bad ass which sums up everything my character isn't once i started playing the game.

it seems incredibly tough to play the "evil" route when everyone around you are so mean that they could eat the face off a lost puppy at any moment, i went into megaton with every intention of nuking the place to kingdom come. After discovering my skill wasn't high enough even with mentats I ignored it only to come back later, disarm it after the horrors i saw in the wastes and eventually wandering over to tenpenny towers to shoot tenpenny in the face for being a bad impersonator of Hugh Heffner.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Dart378 said:
Those of you who played Fallout 3, what did you get on your GOAT?
I kept getting Marriage Counselor, even though I Asked granny for a minigun, i turned the kid in after taking his crap, and when I told off the mad scientist.
Y'know, I don't think I ever answered that; my GOAT result was Vault chaplain. Yay Mr. Goodie-Two-Shoes. (The resulting boost to Barter and Speech came in handy, though.)

-- Steve

songnar

Modulator
Oct 26, 2008
Darndest thing, I kept getting Mechanic and Janitorial duty. Evil suddenly became very easy to play. I'm the Vault Boogieman and I'm coming to get'cha!