The Royal wedding.. Any thoughts?

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
Why should I care?...Also, why should anybody else care?

I'm awfully disturbed by how many Americans are making a big deal out of this let alone most of England. If we start celebrating other countries royalty we might as well make it universal and have parties when the Shah of Iran's daughter gets married too.

May 5, 2010
American, and....Nope. Honestly can say that I don't give two shits about some royal wedding.

I'm kind of sick of hearing about it from OTHER people who don't care, though. Seriously, I fell like I'm answering this question here at least once a week. If none of us care, WHY THE FUCK DO WE KEEP BRINGING IT UP???!!!

james0192

Meh!
Oct 12, 2009
Eurgh I'm tired of hearing about it!
It's not so much the wedding itself that I have a problem with it's the media coverage here in Britain - it's near constant.
Strangely enough the news channels actually think people want to hear the views of the creepy crazy people that have been camping out in london for it since tuesday morning.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
*sigh* Already bored to tears, and I cared a lot more about my own wedding than a complete stranger's.

Also, it's "thoughts", not "thourghts". ^_^

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
I'm happy for them, and I want it to go well, but only in the way that I wish wellness on any wedding. I don't see the difference with them. I'm sure if I was to get married, and for some reason someone told them, they'd hope it went well for me but they wouldn't make a big song and dance about it.

Luthir Fontaine

Oct 16, 2010
we still have troops dying in what, 3 countries? Yeah lets devote 7/8 of the news to people in another country gettin married.

:-(

Rayken15

Jan 10, 2011
I'm British and here comes a surprise:

I don't give a flying f*ck!
I'm just happy I get a day off.

Bogdan Carmaciu

Sep 16, 2010
I'm a student in England now and I have to say I LOVE IT!!! 4 DAY WEEKEND!!! Royal Wedding on Friday, weekend AAAAnd Bank Holiday on Monday...

SWWWEEEEeeT!

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
The Real IRA needs to attack the wedding, but not the royals or guests. They need to attack the media so I can get real news. Not 23 hours of the total day about the royal wedding, than the rest politics. Theres other (much more important) news going on in the world, COVER THAT. Just anything else please.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
British and I am strongly against the monarchy and therefore do not care for their marriage. I'm thankful for the day off, though.

e.wlmo4

Oct 9, 2010
http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-betting/novelty-bets/royal-wedding-specials

said this yesterday but got twenty on the train being 2 to 5 meters and five on it raining.
Going to watch the ceremony just to see ridiculousness on par with the Beijing Olympic opening ceremony

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
Yeah, I think its completely pointless that people are focusing on this wedding. I can get why some of the fairer sex might be interested since they're fed this princess nonsense since they were children but come on! Who cares? People get annoyed when the Obama issue is discussed but this is a much bigger waste of time than any.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Words cannot express how little I care.

Apparently, it's all over the TV here in Ireland. I wouldn't know, as I never watch TV anymore due to annoying ads and all the good shows being long cancelled.

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
Yeah apparently it's all over the news here in the UK. It's sort of ridiculous we have to avoid it if we don't want our throat ramming with it. I know some people were on the radio this morning saying how they'd decorated all their road up ready, and theyre throwing a massive party with morris dancers and stuff. I was just sat there thinking, it's not your bloody wedding, what in the world you playing at? Save that money for when something actually important to you goes on.

RastaBadger

Jun 5, 2010
I am English and I kind of feel that having a royal family is part of our heritage and culture. In fact as far as I'm aware (if my history is correct) there was a short while when we didn't have a monarch and we invaded Ireland (might have been Wales actually) and murdered and pillaged a lot of people.
Also 4 day weekend WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!