The Spoony One has been ejected from That Guy With the Glasses.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Austichar said:
So I'd like to apologize to Holly for my post and accusations earlier. Literally everything was a misunderstanding and she never did anything wrong or with goal of "ruining my life". It was extremely inappropriate of me to post something of this personal matter, especially during an already drama moment with everything going on. So I'm sorry to everyone and for misleading people.
Simply admitting that you did something clearly wrong... That in itself is a big step.

You accused someone of subtle manipulation and lying to people with the intent of slandering you. It's not hard to see how things utterly and completely reversed themselves. Karma is a *****.

... However, when everything was clearly against you, instead of running away and never gracing our forums again, you at least had the balls to come out and admit your fault, even if it was such an obvious fault at that. For Holly and many others, I'm sure this is something that can't be forgiven or forgotten lightly. For the rest of us, you get enough respect for your mature actions in the aftermath.

Even so, NEVER do it again. Telling such lies about someone who had done you no wrong will earn you only enemies from what were once your friends. You're better than that, and they deserve better than that from you as well.

Now it's your turn to be better.

I know from personal experience that there are only so many times you can apologize, so I doubt there's anything more to be said.

Ian Lutz

Jan 23, 2011
Teleportman said:
Ian Lutz said:
For anyone wondering this is the tweet that started the entire thing:
Gonna be honest this seems less like a rape joke and more of a S&M/bondage joke, since there is nothing in the tweet to suggest that none of this is non-consensual. That said, most people will probably still view it as sexual harassment. As for me, I remain skeptical that this is the reason for Spoony and CA parting ways. Unless of course we get some sort of confirmation from someone involved. In addition, I don't think it really matters so as long as Spoony continues to make videos and neither side shows malice towards one another.
Nope, rape joke. Go to Noah's twitter and you can se him making more in the last few days so he acknowledges it as a rape. He has not ranted about bondage or the like (it would be easy for him to rant about "bondage now being considered rape" or the like but not a word).
And also this:
https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/statuses/216171032028004355
Yeah I read all that after I made that post. There's a part of me wants to assume that this is because Lupa referred to his joke as a "rape joke", but I can't really be certain of that. People often forget this, but it can be difficult to interpret the tone of things said over the internet (when it is said in text) and even more difficult when you're unsure of how well that person is articulating themselves. For this fact alone, I'm taking everything Noah is saying at this time with a huge grain of salt.

Thank you by the way for understanding what I meant even with my poor use of grammar. I realize now I should have said, "any of this is non-consensual" instead of "none of this is non-consensual". It may seem odd to point that out, but I just thought I should.

sonofliber

Mar 8, 2010
WAIT everybody is missing the important part:

WELSHY IS FRGGING 30? ha..... i though he was around 25, also ty for killing FB, he deserved to be shot :)P).

Teleportman

Jun 24, 2012
Ok guys, so, lets play a little game:

In his depression Noah doesn?t make a rape joke. He makes a RACIST joke directed at, lets say the Blockbuster Buster.
A month later, after another racist comment; the SheRap Critic says he can?t follow him when he says stuff like that. Noah, ignores him with a joke. RP says he can?t feel sympathy for him when he called BB (insert racist joke).
Thing makes Noah lass out because he already said sorry to BB and feels that no one should find a racist joke offensive.
The PR of CH, ?Bob?, intervenes. Noah gets suspended for some weeks but continues to rage and gets kicked out (or leaves himself).

Soooooo, is the RapCritic overreacting? Is Spoony out of line. Or do we have a two girls and a guy conspiracy?

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Teleportman said:

In his depression Noah doesn?t make a rape joke. He makes a RACIST joke directed at, lets say the Blockbuster Buster.
A month later, after another racist comment; the SheRap Critic says he can?t follow him when he says stuff like that. Noah, ignores him with a joke. RP says he can?t feel sympathy for him when he called BB (insert racist joke).
Thing makes Noah lass out because he already said sorry to BB and feels that no one should find a racist joke offensive.
The PR of CH, ?Bob?, intervenes. Noah gets suspended for some weeks but continues to rage and gets kicked out (or leaves himself).

Soooooo, is the RapCritic overreacting? Is Spoony out of line. Or do we have a two girls and a guy conspiracy?
Really? Comparing the individual crime of rape to a group of people that were ENSLAVED at one point in America?! That were bought and sold as property? That were hung once if the white folk in town were in a bad mood and thought one of them was whistling at his woman? You realize that's way more extreme.... yes?

I'll play the game, but you have to come up with the fictionalized racist joke in question... Cause that's kinda important.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Uhm.. racist joke can be about any minority or "race" of people.. not only african natives that where enslaved...

And in this day and age i find a racist joke less offensive then a joke about rape. One makes fun about a race and the other one... well it goes in the no comfort zone.

EDITH:

Or where are the outcries about achmed the dead terrorist?

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
SaneAmongInsane said:
Teleportman said:

Really? Comparing the individual crime of rape to a group of people that were ENSLAVED at one point in America?! That were bought and sold as property? That were hung once if the white folk in town were in a bad mood and thought one of them was whistling at his woman? You realize that's way more extreme.... yes?

I'll play the game, but you have to come up with the fictionalized racist joke in question... Cause that's kinda important.
rape happens regardless of race, gender, and on occasion even species, i don't think a racist analogy is too far off base. its still a subject people are WAY too sensitive about, oh and slavery ended (at least in America) 200 years ago, rape has not been stopped yet.

"If you're willing to swallow cum, let's not pretend something I said is disgusting" - George Carlin

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
So that's what happened, eh? A Twitter fiasco. Odd that a network meant for socializing would be the man's evident downfall, which would isolate him.

Either way, I hope Spoony continues doing what he always does. I think he's hilarious.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Karadalis said:
Uhm.. racist joke can be about any minority or "race" of people.. not only african natives that where enslaved...

And in this day and age i find a racist joke less offensive then a joke about rape. One makes fun about a race and the other one... well it goes in the no comfort zone.

EDITH:

Or where are the outcries about achmed the dead terrorist?
Good point... I suddenly don't know what I immediately jumped to black. Though in my defense I spent a whole semester in college learning about black racism in america so I suppose that doesn't help.

renaissance_nerd said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Teleportman said:

rape happens regardless of race, gender, and on occasion even species, i don't think a racist analogy is too far off base. its still a subject people are WAY too sensitive about, oh and slavery ended (at least in America) 200 years ago, rape has not been stopped yet.

"If you're willing to swallow cum, let's not pretend something I said is disgusting" - George Carlin
Dude it wasn't even a life time ago black folk couldn't drink out of the same water fountain as white people.

I'll allow the idea that I am being too sensitive but really? Rape is like Racism? Rape is a crime, like assault. Is assault like racism? Doesn't sit right with me.

random281

Mar 10, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
yea I don't feel that a persons personal twitter account should be used as a basis for termination when a perfectly acceptable solution would be unfollowing him and blocking him. it's not like he said whatever he said on TGWTG official forums/site/function/ get together.
He used that Twitter account to inform people when his video's came out. That was one of the few reliable ways to tell if he had posted a video, mostly because he steadfastly refused to keep any sort of a schedule. If he hadn't done that, you might have a leg to stand on with that argument. It can't really be considered a "personal" twitter account if he's using it for his job.

You're kinda arguing the public figure has a private-public forum, and that's an inherently flawed argument. Twitter is a public space, and he's an internet celebrity. Nothing he says on twitter was ever meant to be private, it's all going out to a public space.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Austichar said:
So I'd like to apologize to Holly for my post and accusations earlier. Literally everything was a misunderstanding and she never did anything wrong or with goal of "ruining my life". It was extremely inappropriate of me to post something of this personal matter, especially during an already drama moment with everything going on. So I'm sorry to everyone and for misleading people.
Huh. Humility on the Internet.
Now I have seen everything.

In all seriousness: good.
That's maybe the second time I've seen people acting like Adults in the midst of this shitstorm.
Even if it's an apology thrice removed on our tiny corner of the internet.

Also. Huh. Welshy made an account to comment here. Guess that front page counter was good for something after all.

Tis been a strange, hostile week..

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
You know Noah does seem in better sprits. he is legitimately joking with his twitter followers now.

https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/217502339953733632

and
https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/217504696770904064
https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/217505254680432640
https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/217505682952425473
https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/217506124553928706
https://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/217506545381019648

seriously his twitter has been hilarious tonight.

who knows for whatever reason maybe TGWTG just became an albatross around his neck.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Teleportman said:

This is a logical fallacy. You can't simply substitute people and terms and expect it to work.

T0xiCity8

May 26, 2008
Maybe it will be good for him, I hope so, I've been following Spoony for about 5 years now and I love the dude to pieces.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
So, I saw a post on the internet cesspool of youtube while I was watching LordKat's infamous rant. So I decided to throw it in here because despite it coming from Youtube it seems fairly intelligent and sums up the reality of the situation.

" Lord Kat was foolish to do this as was Spoony, Lupa and Phelous. I mean he even insults Angry Joe and Distressed Watcher. (AKA Amazing Atheist.) Look at the story. Spoony made a joke to JesuOtaku which was inappropriate, and yet JesuOtaku wasn't offended at all, but Lupa brought it up a month later and rubbed it in Spoony's face and naturally Spoony got mad and took it out on his fans. Phelous gets defensive too and LordKat tells Noah to kill himself? WTF.

Reviewers. Grow up. Now. "

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
*sitting in the fetal position, rocking back and forth*

Doug will make it better... He'll make everything all better... Once he's back from his honeymoon, he'll turn everything back to normal... You'll see... Everything is going to be back to normal...