The Spoony One has been ejected from That Guy With the Glasses.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
renaissance_nerd said:
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
People are still going on about this? It was days ago who gives a shit, Spoony isn't even funny or relevant anymore.
and you had to chime in with your two cents when you could have easily ignored something you don't wish to discuss. For the record you're less relevant than Noah, do you have almost 30,000 twitter followers?
I don't have or desire a Twitter, and 30,000 followers is just a slight amount of E fame.

Which has no real value outside of forums.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Zulnam said:
Chertan said:
Did any of you guys troll Lordkat's twitter?

He got spammed with "go kill yourself" tweets and is blaming this community for it.

https://twitter.com/LordKaT/status/217654359398428674
While I think he acted like a childish douche, his reply to Susan is pretty witty.

I can't say I feel too bad about this whole thing. I like Spoony's reviews and he is a pretty funny guy. Just hope his health's good and will stay that way. Whenever I wanna see him, I'll just visit his site. If anything, CA is at loss here. They lost a funny reviewer, but are still keeping a dozen dull people with webcams.
I surprised she even gave him the time of day. But then, Susan is pretty aggressive on Twitter from what I have seen.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
malestrithe said:
renaissance_nerd said:
and I maintain had it been directed to a male at TGWTG noone would have done anything about it,
Whether true or not is Irrelevant. We do not live in that universe where Spoony directed those jokes at the male employees. We live in this one where he did. It's not worth your time holding onto this notion because you will never know.
it is very relevant, misandry is at the very heart of the issue, TGWTG has a history of gender bias. You can joke/say pretty much whatever you want to any male on staff or otherwise but the instant you say anything one of the females don't like a shitstorm is rained down upon you.

do I think Spoony was out of line? probably but to the best of my knowledge no one said to him "that comment was inappropriate and please don't do it anymore" A person can't fix something if they don't know whats wrong.

If this in fact was about the "rape joke" I think Spoony was under the impression he and Hope were friends and being friends they can joke about anything.

I quote from the movie Toy Soldiers after one friend gets offended from anothers joke. "I'm your friend! I can call you a fucking wop if I wanna!"

thats what friends do, no subject is really taboo because they know its not really coming from a place of malice.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Fappy said:
Zulnam said:
Chertan said:
Did any of you guys troll Lordkat's twitter?

He got spammed with "go kill yourself" tweets and is blaming this community for it.

https://twitter.com/LordKaT/status/217654359398428674
While I think he acted like a childish douche, his reply to Susan is pretty witty.

I can't say I feel too bad about this whole thing. I like Spoony's reviews and he is a pretty funny guy. Just hope his health's good and will stay that way. Whenever I wanna see him, I'll just visit his site. If anything, CA is at loss here. They lost a funny reviewer, but are still keeping a dozen dull people with webcams.
I surprised she even gave him the time of day. But then, Susan is pretty aggressive on Twitter from what I have seen.
She went out of her way to defend the Dragon age 2 review from some guy clearly from /v/.

The guy didn't even point out how the escapist had all these banner ads for DA2 when the review came out, he basically just said the game was shit and insulted her. I dunno why she'd debase herself responding to someone who can't even come up with a logical argument.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
People are still going on about this? It was days ago who gives a shit, Spoony isn't even funny or relevant anymore.
and you had to chime in with your two cents when you could have easily ignored something you don't wish to discuss. For the record you're less relevant than Noah, do you have almost 30,000 twitter followers?
I don't have or desire a Twitter, and 30,000 followers is just a slight amount of E fame.

considering the average TGWTG reviewer has 6-8 thousand and TGWTG itself only has 22,000, I'd say 28,000+ by yourself is pretty significant, and still more than you. So what was your point again?

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
renaissance_nerd said:
renaissance_nerd said:

considering the average TGWTG reviewer has 6-8 thousand and TGWTG itself only has 22,000, I'd say 28,000 by yourself is pretty significant, and still more than you. So what was your point again?
What was yours?

TGWTG gets like a million page hits a week, not counting actual made accounts. Spoony's twitter not even half of that, even with all the traffic from his new hate-dom.

I don't hate spoony, if that's what you assume. I think he got a bad rap for the joke. But everything after is his own fault, had he just sat things out or tried to be calm he wouldn't have gotten fired.

If you really care, fanning the flames buy bumping the issue, or going out of your way to make an account on some random site to defending him in the long run will only make this drag on longer.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
renaissance_nerd said:

considering the average TGWTG reviewer has 6-8 thousand and TGWTG itself only has 22,000, I'd say 28,000 by yourself is pretty significant, and still more than you. So what was your point again?
What was yours?

TGWTG gets like a million page hits a week, not counting actual made accounts. Spoony's twitter not even half of that, even with all the traffic from his new hate-dom.

I don't hate spoony, if that's what you assume. I think he got a bad rap for the joke. But everything after is his own fault, had he just sat things out or tried to be calm he wouldn't have gotten fired.

If you really care, fanning the flames buy bumping the issue, or going out of your way to make an account on some random site to defending him in the long run will only make this drag on longer.
I enjoy discussing it, I guess I'm just that nosy. I enjoy posting to a 3rd party site because I know the subject won't be stomped out like it has been on TSE and TGWTG.

should he have left well enough alone absolutely, but there is only so much a guy can take.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
renaissance_nerd said:
malestrithe said:
renaissance_nerd said:
and I maintain had it been directed to a male at TGWTG noone would have done anything about it,
Whether true or not is Irrelevant. We do not live in that universe where Spoony directed those jokes at the male employees. We live in this one where he did. It's not worth your time holding onto this notion because you will never know.
it is very relevant, misandry is at the very heart of the issue, TGWTG has a history of gender bias. You can joke/say pretty much whatever you want to any male on staff or otherwise but the instant you say anything one of the females don't like a shitstorm is rained down upon you.

do I think Spoony was out of line? probably but to the best of my knowledge no one said to him "that comment was inappropriate and please don't do it anymore" A person can't fix something if they don't know whats wrong.

If this in fact was about the "rape joke" I think Spoony was under the impression he and Hope were friends and being friends they can joke about anything.

I quote from the movie Toy Soldiers after one friend gets offended from anothers joke. "I'm your friend! I can call you a fucking wop if I wanna!"

thats what friends do, no subject is really taboo because they know its not really coming from a place of malice.
Yet, you still don't know for certain. You are guessing that it would happen a certain way because that's how you feel.

You don't have proof this would happen the way you believe it would because you filled your argument with hypothetical situations, generalizations, and how you peceived the world to be.

Again, we do not live in the world where it happened. We will never know if it would have turned out the other way. Believe it all you want.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
renaissance_nerd said:
I enjoy discussing it, I guess I'm just that nosy. I enjoy posting to a 3rd party site because I know the subject won't be stomped out like it has been on TSE and TGWTG.

should he have left well enough alone absolutely, but there is only so much a guy can take.
So both sites are still in ban mode?

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:

yep if you even mention it at TSE or TGWTG you are banned.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
renaissance_nerd said:
renaissance_nerd said:

I take it you were a casualty?

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
renaissance_nerd said:

yep I was banned from TGWTG on the day it happened.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
renaissance_nerd said:
renaissance_nerd said:
renaissance_nerd said:

What did you say?

Also I recommend staying here, The Escapist mods are know to be pretty fair.

random281

Mar 10, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
You're kinda missing the point. You're fixated on the joke, so you're missing the much bigger picture. That joke was one straw, and it wasn't even the last straw. There was a long series of events that brought us to this moment, you're focusing on one tiny part of that series.

Let's not forget that the catalyst for him parting ways with TGWTG was his actions subsequent to being suspended. In the long run, that joke isn't even as important as his behavior after getting suspended, which he can blame on no one but himself.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
renaissance_nerd said:
renaissance_nerd said:
renaissance_nerd said:

What did you say?

Also I recommend staying here, The Escapist mods are know to be pretty fair.
I basically pointed out while Spoony was out of line for what he said so was Lupa and everyone else that egged him on, Spoony was the only one punished and Lupa and others who were pretty much just as guilty in that instance got off scott free.

i try to log in the next day and was banned.

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Jun 2, 2011
There are things we'll probably never know about the situation. I listened to the lordkat stream with Lupa on YouTube and there was...a smugness, I guess you could call it, on Lupa's part. Kat just has a blind hatred for Spoony so he's a lost cause. Lupa, however, she sounded smug and proud what she achieved, as if taking Spoony down somehow brings her to his level in the hierarchy like a goddamn Pokemon trainer taking down a gym leader. At the end she tried to feign fear that people would blame her and honestly, how can people not given what little is out in the open? She complained publicly and next thing he's gone. With how silent everyone else on the site has been, I beginning to suspect a gag order in place on them to not say a word and hope this all cools down some point soon (besides Phelous who probably felt he had to play the supportive boyfriend) for fear of a larger fan backlash than there has been. They keep saying it's not the rape joke and not Lupa's fault but when that's all the evidence there is, what do they expect people to think?

Hell, for all we know, Doug will come back and bring Spoony back, tho his level of power within TGWTG has had its level of strength been made apparently suspect from just being an employee now to part owner but no word in business matters to one of the illuminati so who knows.

As I said before, if Doug fails to make some kind of statement, people will keep picking at this issue like a fresh scab. We're just beating the dead horse here now but I had to get my final shots in. Fans are lost on both sides and all people can do is pick up the pieces.

KrabbiPatty

Jan 16, 2008
malestrithe said:
Teleportman said:
Ok guys, so, lets play a little game:

In his depression Noah doesn?t make a rape joke. He makes a RACIST joke directed at, lets say the Blockbuster Buster.
A month later, after another racist comment; the SheRap Critic says he can?t follow him when he says stuff like that. Noah, ignores him with a joke. RP says he can?t feel sympathy for him when he called BB (insert racist joke).
Thing makes Noah lass out because he already said sorry to BB and feels that no one should find a racist joke offensive.
The PR of CH, ?Bob?, intervenes. Noah gets suspended for some weeks but continues to rage and gets kicked out (or leaves himself).

Soooooo, is the RapCritic overreacting? Is Spoony out of line. Or do we have a two girls and a guy conspiracy?
This is a logical fallacy. You can't simply substitute people and terms and expect it to work.
That's bullshit, of course you can. He presented the EXACT SAME situation but with the names changed, even the charge is exactly the same save for the gender of who it is directed at (i.e, a tasteless joke from some jerk offends someone else a month later) so if you can't then defend your position it is YOUR problem not a logical fallacy.

I mean do you even know what a logical fallacy IS? Because that's so far from being one it's kind of startling.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
VoiceOfTheVoiceless said:
Hell, for all we know, Doug will come back and bring Spoony back, tho his level of power within TGWTG has had its level of strength been made apparently suspect from just being an employee now to part owner but no word in business matters to one of the illuminati so who knows.
Even if Doug magically reinstates Spoony and makes everything "all better" and Spoony resumes his videos there I am still done with TGWTG. They have showed just how immature the lot of them are by letting this all spiral out of control in the first place.This should have been done behind closed doors and everyone at TGWTG should have kept their mouths shut about it, not instigated a flame war.