The Spoony One has been ejected from That Guy With the Glasses.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
Its occurred to me, someone with a whole lotta free time needs to go through TGWTG videos and compile a list of every reviewer who has made a rape joke in their videos.

Then send it to her and see if she wants to make a hissy fit about all of them.

Edit: I'll go out on a limb and say about half of them have.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
MrMan999 said:
Soviet Heavy said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Well ladies and gentlemen... we did it. We've made it to 30.

I'd like to thank everyone that made this possible... the OP for making the topic... Spoony for being fired in the first place... Lupa for being such an incredible jerk.... *sniff* We made it. We finally made it.

I'd say we should go for another 10 but... I mean theres just no way right? That be crazy!

.... LETS DO IT.

jedizero said:
y'know, if Lupa is calling him out for being a fucking tool, while being entirely justified. I think she deserves an apology as well.
Yeah... ya know I wouldn't of had a problem if she did this shit a month ago or if the tweet was directed at her, but she just kinda started shit for the sake of starting shit.... and since I'm neither a fan of hers or have ever watched her videos....

Fuck Lupa.

Something Awful still has us beat however. Spoony Watch did have a head start though.

The chans had a large head start as well.
yea but I wouldnt touch the chans with a 10 foot pole.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Aw, who the hell care, the producers of TGWTG have turned what used to be a fun site of reviewers being a comedy rutine and having unscripted (in a sense) fun, and just rammed in into the ground.

Besides the fact about half the reviewers arent actually funny anymore (though they do need to be congratulated on the amount of work they do and i do appreciate it) they started making everyone have a weekly schedule which started forcing the producers to rush and not add the amount of humor they need.
Even Doug seems to be getting annoyed with being forced to it weekly while having a shit load of other things to do.

Spoony how ever has almost always said "fuck that" and took a page from Red Letter Media and did it on his own terms, and he's produced some of the best work on that site. yeah he's slowed down, but i dont hold that against him because his medical issues and his personal life is his own and he provides the content for free (plus ads but i digress)

Some reviewers can work on a weekly basis (linkara, cinema snob, ect) but other dont. i mean when was the last time lupa or phelous popped out something funny?
Nostalgia chick hasnt made a good review in a year now and Todd is at a crawl because of the lack of material he has.

But going back to the Lupa fiasco (hahaha) she really could have handled that alot better and not have gotten spoony in the shit is in. and quite frankly, it didnt involve her in anyway. And spoony didnt attack his fanbase, he attacked people attacking him, i read the twitter.
Yeah he snapped, but fuck, the dude has had some serious health issues and stress, i dont blame him for snapping.

anyway, i bet him leaving will be better for him anyway.

also, lordKat is a douche.....just saying.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
Jegsimmons said:
Aw, who the hell care, the producers of TGWTG have turned what used to be a fun site of reviewers being a comedy rutine and having unscripted (in a sense) fun, and just rammed in into the ground.

Besides the fact about half the reviewers arent actually funny anymore (though they do need to be congratulated on the amount of work they do and i do appreciate it) they started making everyone have a weekly schedule which started forcing the producers to rush and not add the amount of humor they need.
Even Doug seems to be getting annoyed with being forced to it weekly while having a shit load of other things to do.

Spoony how ever has almost always said "fuck that" and took a page from Red Letter Media and did it on his own terms, and he's produced some of the best work on that site. yeah he's slowed down, but i dont hold that against him because his medical issues and his personal life is his own and he provides the content for free (plus ads but i digress)

Some reviewers can work on a weekly basis (linkara, cinema snob, ect) but other dont. i mean when was the last time lupa or phelous popped out something funny?
Nostalgia chick hasnt made a good review in a year now and Todd is at a crawl because of the lack of material he has.

But going back to the Lupa fiasco (hahaha) she really could have handled that alot better and not have gotten spoony in the shit is in. and quite frankly, it didnt involve her in anyway. And spoony didnt attack his fanbase, he attacked people attacking him, i read the twitter.
Yeah he snapped, but fuck, the dude has had some serious health issues and stress, i dont blame him for snapping.

anyway, i bet him leaving will be better for him anyway.

also, lordKat is a douche.....just saying.

Doing it all with Bipolar II and a heart condition, and he still made some of the funniest vids on Channel Awesome. but hey Channel Awesome's loss just might be another critic site's gain.Ever notice the most gifted artists are always the most troubled ones.. weird.

mizi

Oct 10, 2009
TheDrunkNinja said:
mizi said:
TheDrunkNinja said:
Well... That ten minute bit of good will and humorous company devolved fairly quickly.

Back to business, everyone!
25 pages of bitching and angst definitely set a tone that's hard to reverse.. But I'll give it a shot.

We could try seeing this conflict in a early 90s fantasy action manga kind of way--

TGWTG Battalion of Evil, lead by the high witch queen does epic battle with Dr Insano's experimental army of scantily-clad robots of HATE over the hapless land of PublicOpinionia. The robots' rage was mighty and unquenchable, but the evil army fought with power, skill and cunning. Ringing steel and blood curdling screams of "BETRAYAL" rung out across the battlefield, but the denizen's of this land could only watch in bemusement and horror as these two armies of immense power destroyed everything around them (though some denizens tried to fight back by lobbing rocks filled with profanity and sarcasm into the fray. This was ultimately a pointless endeavour.)

The armies fought to a standstill after 4 days and nights, Neither side had gained the absolute victory that they desired. Embarrassed by the outcome, the eternal foes parted ways, one rode to the land of the red rings, the other returned to the metropolis of the colossus blue robot. Never did they mention the terrible war again.

Edit: Oh yes, Battalion of Evil members Welshy and ChaoSD1 lived happily ever after and had many man-babies together....one of which went to college. Hurray!
... Hmmmm... Next year's Anniversary Crossover perhaps?!

If only everyone involved had the good humor and maturity to create such a glorious masterpiece... Truly, this would be Channel Awesome's magnum opus if it were to see the light of day.
All those CG robots would probably make the concept waaaay too expensive. Though it would be awesome to see Lupa swing a really ornate battleaxe at someone's head. :)

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Khazoth said:
Its occurred to me, someone with a whole lotta free time needs to go through TGWTG videos and compile a list of every reviewer who has made a rape joke in their videos.

or the christmas special abortion joke, the casper abortion incest joke, the deleted autism joke, ect.

Spoony's joke was between good friends, him, Jesu, and Nash, niether nash nor Jesu were really offended, and spoony took his 4 week suspension gracefully.....but then Lupa had to say something and start a shit storm.

really, the behind the scenes execs are going nuts with the power they hold on the site. the only reason doug probably hasnt been in trouble yet is because...well...he IS the site. even though he's a tool to the channel awesome execs.

(also, tell me this isnt similar to alot of former escapist producers being cut....like extra credits and the Escapist runners trying to pull a fast one.)

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
Jegsimmons said:
Khazoth said:

or the christmas special abortion joke, the casper abortion incest joke, the deleted autism joke, ect.

Spoony's joke was between good friends, him, Jesu, and Nash, niether nash nor Jesu were really offended, and spoony took his 4 week suspension gracefully.....but then Lupa had to say something and start a shit storm.

really, the behind the scenes execs are going nuts with the power they hold on the site. the only reason doug probably hasnt been in trouble yet is because...well...he IS the site. even though he's a tool to the channel awesome execs.

(also, tell me this isnt similar to alot of former escapist producers being cut....like extra credits and the Escapist runners trying to pull a fast one.)
Holly Christine the Director of Human Resources at Channel Awesome is the one drunk with power, and she has her feminist inner circle that will stand behind/with her and everything she does. Dating Lupa (which i heard was all set up by channel awesome to increase viewers) has completely pussy whipped Phealous (sp) so he agrees with her no matter what.Lindsy will always side with a girl over a guy everytime and even though I love him so will Linkara most often (though he did stand up for Spoony)

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
Jegsimmons said:

I never payed much attention to anyone on the escapist other then Yahtzee, and as of recently, Jim. So I can't say I know much about the escapist drama. To be fair the escapist stars tend to be more private with their private affairs then TGWTG.

(Gasp, a buisness being professional and quiet about professional quiet matters!)

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
I just want to say My respect for Brad Jones just jumped though the roof after reading this from his forum.

"If it wasn't for Noah I wouldn't have the career I have today. He is my friend, and I don't turn my back on my friends"

Brad you are fucking awesome!

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
renaissance_nerd said:
I just want to say My respect for Brad Jones just jumped though the roof after reading this from his forum.

"If it wasn't for Noah I wouldn't have the career I have today. He is my friend, and I don't turn my back on my friends"

He is one of the coolest guys on the site.

Im kind of hopeing that the Spoony Experiement becomes another site of reviewers from all corners, like tgwtg, but not full of retard execs who ruin everything.

also, its a shame what happened with Brad and his wife. that Jared is a prick.(loooooooong story)

sonofliber

Mar 8, 2010
wow, spoony is the only one with an actual excuse, its sad that lk is a jelous s.o.b. who wished that spoony shoot himself(yeah thats the mark of a horrible and shitty person), and lupa for been the most horrible type of moral crusader (the one that doesnt do **** about important stuff, and complains at completely inocent stuff)

also huge respects for joe, brad, sage and hagan for sticking and supporting spoony

MrMan999

Oct 25, 2011
renaissance_nerd said:

Brad, Angry Joe, and Sage all sided with Spoony.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
omg I'm such a girl sometimes, this tweet almost made me cry. When I first saw it all i saw was Spoony's empty chair (no animation)

http://www.twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne/status/217837036017692672

mizi

Oct 10, 2009
I think the rape joke was the single comment that epitomized all of Spoony's bad behavior in the last few months. It was the final aria in his opera of tastelessness. I think that's why everyone has decided that it's the real reason that he was fired. It was not the reason, it merely represents all of the reasons that he was fired. All of this talk of ""Lets find all of the jokes with the word 'rape' in them that channel awesome has told and send a list of perpetrators to Holly so that she will be PUNISHED." is completely missing the point, much like Cirno-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wFDWP5JwSM
- who believes that she can get a good grade in math class by pointing out the logical fallacies in the story problems.

MrMan999

Oct 25, 2011
renaissance_nerd said:
omg I'm such a girl sometimes, this tweet almost made me cry. When I first saw it all i saw was Spoony's empty chair (no animation)

Its good that he's trying to mend the bridges. Five bucks says that it blows up in his face.

mizi

Oct 10, 2009
renaissance_nerd said:

Thank you Spoony, that was the most awesome thing I've seen in days. You rock Spoony! Can someone turn this into a meme?

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
MrMan999 said:
renaissance_nerd said:

Its good that he's trying to mend the bridges. Five bucks says that it blows up in his face.
yea wouldn't surprise me

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
renaissance_nerd said:
so you can't apologize after being a sarcastic ass, got it, might want to tell Lordkat that then. And did you miss "i'm sorry again" that is a flat out apology.

but when people say this to you
https://twitter.com/Karkitty612/status/215979320424939520

does the public or anyone else really deserve an apology? He's not going to get on his knees and beg and frankly he shouldn't have to he settled whatever it was with Hope and Lupa felt she had to bring her big nose into it and start it all up again.
I did honestly miss the I'm Sorry again. That re-contextualizes things. I agree he had no reason to apologize to Lupa for the joke. He apologised to JO. That was good. Lupa brought up something irrelevant when what they had was pretty much an entirely different issue(Her and Scarlet are friends and he was posting stuff about Scarlet, so she was unfollowing him). That, while not a good or awesome thing, is pretty much a non-issue. A co-worker tells you they don't feel like they can be your friend and brings up a tasteless joke you made awhile back. Big whoop. The problem was how Spoony reacted. His joke wasn't what caused this. Lupa bringing it up didn't cause this. It's him going ballistic afterwards, especially at a large number of other ThatGuy contributors.
jimbob123432 said:
To be fair, what else was he to do? He apologized sincerely a while ago, but nobody listened. Honestly, I think that the repeated fake apologies were just a last resort and he had honestly "done everything".
Apologizing will not instantaneously fix everything. You apologize, and then give things time to cool down.

renaissance_nerd

Jun 25, 2012
infinity_turtles said:
renaissance_nerd said:
so you can't apologize after being a sarcastic ass, got it, might want to tell Lordkat that then. And did you miss "i'm sorry again" that is a flat out apology.

but when people say this to you
https://twitter.com/Karkitty612/status/215979320424939520

does the public or anyone else really deserve an apology? He's not going to get on his knees and beg and frankly he shouldn't have to he settled whatever it was with Hope and Lupa felt she had to bring her big nose into it and start it all up again.
I did honestly miss the I'm Sorry again. That re-contextualizes things. I agree he had no reason to apologize to Lupa for the joke. He apologised to JO. That was good. Lupa brought up something irrelevant when what they had was pretty much an entirely different issue(Her and Scarlet are friends and he was posting stuff about Scarlet, so she was unfollowing him). That, while not a good or awesome thing, is pretty much a non-issue. A co-worker tells you they don't feel like they can be your friend and brings up a tasteless joke you made awhile back. Big whoop. The problem was how Spoony reacted. His joke wasn't what caused this. Lupa bringing it up didn't cause this. It's him going ballistic afterwards, especially at a large number of other ThatGuy contributors.
yea but you didn't catch everything that was being said to him, as soo as Lupa released her Blog Spoony started getting bombarded with hate. It was really unfair. I don't blame him for lashing back honestly. was it right? no but damn when that many people start verbally assualting you, you got to do something.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
MrMan999 said:
renaissance_nerd said:

Brad, Angry Joe, and Sage all sided with Spoony.
also linkara in a sense, though i think he remained a bit more neutral due to his feminist views and the fact he tends to avoid conflict all together.

But yeah, Joe, Brad and Sage are all bros. (much love) they really know what spoony has been going through. after all if im not mistaken, he was at one point bigger than NC while suffering from trolls, depression, lack of girlfriend, and possible bipolar disorder while having heart trouble.
and the Channel awesome execs started to fucking squeeze him dry until he just couldnt keep up anymore. he was already deciding to leave CA even before this happened.