These are the rules that the actual pros play MW2 by

Contextualizer

Jan 8, 2010
Tdc2182 said:
Well, I typed that because you thought videogames were a sport. I was just saying that people who think that are idiots. In fact it is right up there somewhere. Are you trying to say that I denied saying that? Cus I most certainly did not deny it. I meant it all. I am not in any foul mood, just a little exasperated and a little confused on what you are trying to proove to me.
Haha, now you're straw-manning. Cute.

Anyway, I didn't think that videogames are a sport. I said that videogames can be a sport. That isn't an opinion; that's simply a statement of fact.

I'm just not sure how it makes me an antisocial idiot.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
Radeonx said:
Call of Duty wise, I've always had a knife only class, and a class where I only use a silenced pistol. That's it, really.
"They call me Fisher.
Sam Fisher."

I really could not help but do that.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Contextualizer said:
Tdc2182 said:
Well, I typed that because you thought videogames were a sport. I was just saying that people who think that are idiots. In fact it is right up there somewhere. Are you trying to say that I denied saying that? Cus I most certainly did not deny it. I meant it all. I am not in any foul mood, just a little exasperated and a little confused on what you are trying to proove to me.
Haha, now you're straw-manning. Cute.

Anyway, I didn't think that videogames are a sport. I said that videogames can be a sport. That isn't an opinion; that's simply a statement of fact.

I'm just not sure how it makes me an antisocial idiot.
Actually, that is what you are doing right about now. Obviously you are not capable of "an intelligent conversation", so this...talk, is over.
I would law low and wait to get a grip of how things are done around here if I were you. Slow down the post count and really consider what you are trying to tell someone.

Ocelot GT

Oct 29, 2009
Jonny49 said:
What ever happened to playing for fun?
Fun for most pre-pubescent boys is waggling their e-peen in the face of other players to stroke their ego.

Personally, I play for fun. If I do well, woo hoo! If I do badly, oh well, I'll look at my mistakes and try to adjust.

Contextualizer

Jan 8, 2010
Tdc2182 said:
Actually, that is what you are doing right about now. Obviously you are not capable of "an intelligent conversation", so this...talk, is over.
I would law low and wait to get a grip of how things are done around here if I were you. Slow down the post count and really consider what you are trying to tell someone.
Gladly. And I would suggest not running around and calling others "antisocial idiots" and strawmanning their threads if I were you.

Starrs

Dec 30, 2009
Most of the rules sound alright. Definitely agree with no grenade launcher. It really fucks me off when someone launches one in a random direction killing you. As for no claymores? Well that blows, they're damned useful when I decide to go on sniping sprees. And the Riot Shield is also just annoying. When it comes to launchers, I only use my Stinger missile for blowing up Harriers and stuff like that, so not having killstreaks renders that weapon useless which is fine by me. Only rule I'd enjoy seeing is no LMGs cause I meet a lot of "spray and pray" players. Grab an assault rifle, sniper rifle, or even some of the SMGs and actually aim.

Contextualizer

Jan 8, 2010
I always found spray and pray players some of the easiest opponents to dispose of. Superior aim and coordination always win over blindfiring.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Contextualizer said:
Tdc2182 said:
Gladly. And I would suggest not running around and calling others "antisocial idiots" and strawmanning their threads if I were you.
Yet again, You were the one that was strawmanning. Every thing said was what I meant and I never took anything back. I never directly called anyone an idiot. Next post I report you.

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
That takes the fun out of everything, whats the point I say.

Tdc2182 said:
Next post I report you.
Haha, like one report would do anything. Sorry I just had to say somthing, I mean it's like you were threatening the ocean with a water gun.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
If you need to ban a huge chunk of the game in order to produce a 'fair and balanced game environment' (without having proven successfully that items that have counters that are at the same power level are, in fact, unfair) then the game environment is not one conducive to tournament play.

If, however, the game environment with its items and perks is playable, has counters, and the problem is that these powerful items defeat tactics and weapons that were good in other games... well... that's more of a problem that you need to stop using the assault rifle if you really want to play the game as presented.

So, let's see. Your opposition presents itself with rocket launchers. You know this. And you're attacking them head on, knowing they'll rocket you. Maybe you just need to learn to not take these guys head on. Maybe you need to learn to stealth moar.

Maybe there's a depth of strategy and capability in the game that you're simply not going to discover because you'd rather spend your time whining about 'low skill stuff so ban it.'

Can it be countered? Yes. Are you countering it? No. Then where is the proof of skill, when you lose before you even spawn?

IntangibleFate

Oct 19, 2009
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Jazzyluv2 said:
It's making the game better, getting rid of the gimmick, that is MW2 gameplay.
Pretty much. As I've said multiple times in this thread, the goal of professional rule sets is to avoid randomness, promote skilled tactics, and make the playing field as even and fair as possible for everyone. If that means getting rid of cheap tactics such as Scavenger/Claymores or Noob Tubes or Shotguns, then that's what will be removed. I don't think anyone would argue that any of those things require as much skill as using nothing but Stun/Frag and your Primary Weapon.

I also think most people would agree that Pub match strategies like camping with Scavenger and Claymores to build a kill streak are less about skill and more about abusing a cheap class. That's what people try to remove when playing competitively.
Pretty much exactly why it is done.

It's not that they can't cope with those strategies. People that play on any sort of level for money and win can use all of the cheap stuff too, and probably to a greater degree then anyone else.

I remember when I played socom 2 on a high level people removed the iw-80 because there was no terrorist equivalent. Which then lead to m14's being the only gun used, which then lead to that getting banned and the m16 being used when people figured out the glitch to make it full auto.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Finally some one on this thread that knows what the heck they're talking about. Everyone else seemed to avoid the question asked completely and gave random excuses as to why no one picks them for a scrim.

It's always funny to read a comment from a casual gamer stating that the "Professional/hardcore" is hindering their gameplay some how by doing nothing more than ignoring them completely despite blowing them up with their favorite exploding goodness when enjoying a nice pub sprawl.

Golden rule? (and this doesn't go to the person I quoted because they understand this thing) If you don't enjoy playing on a higher level other than leaping blindly into the first server that reads 29/30 people playing then don't! No hair off our chests. Back when I did strategy for this sort of thing I made sure to leave people who didn't find this sort of gameplay fun, out of it... Not being mean to them of course, because I didn't find it reasonable to subject a player to a style they didn't prefer when I knew they weren't going to have fun with it.

Though it always baffled me when one would come up and ask me why they never got in on that action and I explained that very thing to them and they still some how tried to make me out to be the bad guy. So I threw them in the next scrim to see how they liked it and they still tried to make me out to be the bad guy because he didn't want to listen to my suggestion that he and one other flank a position to throw the other team off guard and toss the game 100% in our favor, but instead wanted to rush into an area filled with what would lead to him respawning very quickly and filling the ventrillo, teamspeak whatever the hell with curses and swears as annoyingly as he could because of it.

Though after the scrim was over (we still won if anyone gives a tootsie roll to a diabetic,) I figured as much as it would be to say "Told you man" I asked him if he wanted to be put on roster for the next scrim, and I was told to Eff off! I tried, but whatever. That's the point of scrims, to try new things before a match is set up in a league, ladder, whatever.

Though once you fail to realize that this sort of thing is more than just "Take content away blah/blah/blah" and that it revolves around 100% team work and not instantly trying to fill your screen with explosives, fire and as many body parts as you can count in between respawns, and then take the piss out on us because we enjoy the game differently than you do, (meeting and working together with other gamers, meeting other gamers and blowing their knobbly bits and ears off, etc, etc)then I worry at the thought that some one might actually try to start an intelligent conversation around you for the fact that you yourself might explode before your toob grenade does!

This post is not a personal attack on the casual community, but hopefully one that will enlighten you on what the hardcore community is actually about, because misconception after misconception it just makes you want to smack some one after a while.

Hardcore gamers are not lonely fat nerds who spend every waking hour perfecting the best way to bullets travel from point: A (your gun) to point: B (that guys head over there.) In fact, and please read this slowly... A lot of us live a rich and joyful life outside of the computer! Getting to know my fellow clan mates back in CoD4 days... Or atleast days where I played a CoD game, we always shared stories about our work, personal life, etc, etc, and to what may surprise you, we are no different than anyone else. We were all friends from different parts of the world with different personalities and lives coming together to play a game we all enjoy together.

What also may be surprising to you, is that although those rules apply to scrims and matches... They don't affect you personally! Yes we do come into pubs now and then, and yes we do sometimes use weapons out side of the rule set in those pubs and have fun, but to nibble on our ears because we don't do it all the time is just silly. Also I always figured that occasionally coming into a pub with rule set in mind for MYSELF ONLY only enhanced my skills as a solo player for being able to headshot the guy shooting 1 hit kill awesomeness in my face.

They're definitely not a noob for enjoying the game that way. They're just creating a challenge for me that might help me in the field of gameplay that I personally enjoy... If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a dodge ball.

It's not about being pissy that most of the weapons can have a tendency for cheapness. It's about sitting down with 4 other of your buddies in a game and taking on 5 other buddies in a battle with set agreed rules that everyone follows up on to make sure that the battle shows which team is better at performing a task together than the other without the ability of running in and exploding, but through "tactical" simulated warfare.

Before anyone says anything about how the rule sets ban things that could be used with the mindset of tactical simulated kaplooey.. Let me remind you now that I didn't write the freak'n rule set, but the game hasn't been hindered in anyway in the mindset of having fun without them.

Difference between Casual gamers and Hardcore gamers? About the same reason why some people listen to rap and others like to mosh pit... What's fun for you is not fun for me, and vice-versa, but to make a personal judgement on me because of that makes me wonder about your self esteem.

Also before I forget, though some things I've said in this long dribble of a rant may sound harsh... It's not to be taken as such... It's my style of humor, and if you don't like it.. Then don't read any more of my posts.. Won't hurt my feelings!:p

Edit:

Meh looks like I failed to quote the person I wanted too. Oh well.. I was talking about the person who explained what hardcore gamers do with IRC and what not and what have you.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Sir John The Net Knight said:
Do you know who cares about the opinions of professional gamers? Professional Gamers. Seriously, I don't why anyone else would give a crap what such a small group of elitists thinks about anything. In almost every respect, they constrict the rules of their chosen game so much that it ceases to be fun for anyone else. Most of us would never encounter a professional gamer, anyway. So why would anyone be hung up on what they think?
Prime example of the misconception I talked about in my novel of a post no one will read for the same reason why a chosen few turned down ZP because Yahtzee didn't score his reviewed games like American Idol. (No I'm not flaming you don't worry.)

The way I see it though is if a professional gamer comes off as an elitist just for enjoying a different type of gameplay than others.. That is very unprofessional of the d-bag, and just because a few bad seeds fell from the tree, and trust me I've seen my share of bad casual seeds in my day, doesn't mean the tree contains nothing but bad fruit. The casual side of gaming is just as rich as the hardcore side, and mostly unseen by the naked eye, merge with one another, as seeds from the casual tree grow up to be hardcore fruit and vice versa.

Though like all social groups, be it racial, sexual, sport, game, whatever etc etc preference, a few bad seeds tend to fall faster than a fully grown fruit, so it's best to keep that in mind when making accusations based on a handful of idiots, because every group's got an attention deprived village idiot that is just as much of a burden to the group itself as it is to others of other groups.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Pulse Reality said:
Jonny49 said:
All of the 10 year olds turned up and got an internet connection.
I don't think this is exactly fair.

These people have fun playing this. Saying all about this "10 year old" BS is just jumping on a bandwagon and not thinking on your own.

CommyGingerbreadMan

Dec 22, 2009
Mrsnugglesworth said:
Pulse Reality said:
Jonny49 said:
All of the 10 year olds turned up and got an internet connection.
I don't think this is exactly fair.

These people have fun playing this. Saying all about this "10 year old" BS is just jumping on a bandwagon and not thinking on your own.
I'm sorry, have you heard what some of those "Pros" call us "Casies?" (Thats my new word, coinin it) I mean Scrub comes to mind, but thats OK because it reminds me of scrubs and I start remember all the good episodes and. . . Im no superman. . .