Things that scare the shit out of you.

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
Bohemian Waltz said:
My fears Biggest fears in order:
-Tape Worms or the idea of a parasite living inside of me.
-Our government,social,economic system suddenly breaking down and the anarchy that would follow.
-Deadly diseases most notable (Aids & Cancer)
-Bacteria.
I had intestinal parasites for a bit...it's not fun.
Spiders of course. Used to be afraid of snakes until I had a big ball python bite me and. Bled a hell of a lot but didn't hurt that much at all.
I'm most afraid of ignorance.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
Spiders, the dark, death.

Especially dead spiders in the dark.

You know what? I'm sleeping with the light on. Reading this thread is freaking me out!

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
I'm so glad I live in an apartment complex, away from all huge, poisonous and deadly things, the biggest spider we ever got here was the size of a nickle, lol. But, saying this now, the spiders outside will grow to the size of my head and... I'm sorry.. I need to go cower in the corner in my happy place. Don't mind the tears, I'll clean them up later.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Death and heights...
I don't know why, but I am petrified of heights. Love roller-coasters though...

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I went to the hospital recently and got my first IV full of a medicine, and the ambulance driver was so sloppy and bad at it that I have several gaudy cuts all over my arm now even 2 months later. But now every time I see a needle in a game, a movie, or (god forbid) real life, I feel so utterly queasy that I have to stop what I'm doing and THROW UP.

Y'see, it literally scares the shit out of me. Let's see someone top THAT.

YouBecame

May 2, 2010
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace [http://www.channel4.com/programmes/garth-marenghis-darkplace] is terribly frightening!

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
ThePurpleStuff said:
I'm so glad I live in an apartment complex, away from all huge, poisonous and deadly things, the biggest spider we ever got here was the size of a nickle, lol. But, saying this now, the spiders outside will grow to the size of my head and... I'm sorry.. I need to go cower in the corner in my happy place. Don't mind the tears, I'll clean them up later.
What the fuck, you got a spider the size of a nickel? Back when I lived in the boonies of Camas (in Washington if you don't know where we are) I saw maybe one or two spiders that size, and I lived in the middle of a forest. Maybe they just had better things to do than come into my house.

CheesusCrust

Sep 24, 2009
Warped faces: when a face is severely warped and looks really freaky scares the shit outta me. Its bad when I start thinking about it in the dark and imagine something behind me, I don't want to look because I'd have a heart attack if I ever saw something like that.

Mimzical

Mar 28, 2010
superbatranger said:
Aylaine said:
When my brakes fail or appear to be failing, like they did a week ago. :/
Wow, I sure hope nothing too bad happened.

After I was mugged, the thought of leaving my house at night put me on edge. Those guys...could have pulled a gun on me. 0.0
I second that. After being assaulted a couple of months ago, I haven't been able to go walking around by myself anymore, and to hell with going anywhere at night. o_O They could have done absolutely anything to me, and I wouldn't have been able to stop them... The thought fuels many nightmares. -_-'

I'm also scared of: sharks, deep water, spiders/insects bigger than ants, people/social situations, being judged, failure, not being able to cope, upsetting people, losing close friends/family members (e.g death, falling out, growing apart), losing my memory, men (to an extent)... I think that's it. I think. XD

EatPieYes

Jul 22, 2010
In the ocean there's jellyfishes (iiiikkk), salty water (blech) and... *shudder* crabs! Hiding under the sand. Out to chop my feet off. Or atleast my toes. Ugh, I hate them! I never want to be near the ocean ever again, for the fear of having to encounter them again.

Also, after having had my feet attacked by my cats several times in my sleep, I've developed a fear of having my feet attacked at night. So I always fold my blanket under my feet so they're protected, before going to sleep.

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
I almost drowned at the beach and swallowed a ton of salt water, but I didn't puke it back up so I was sick for the rest of the day. I have heard stories of people walking in shallow water and having Sting Rays stab them in the back of their legs, eventually getting gangrene and losing their leg from the infection. Yeah... never going to the coast ever again.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
if it's dark outside and a bush moves for any reason i freeze up out of fear. I can't see what's in that bush, but I know what's in it.

]

I know it's irrational, but it's how my mind goes no matter how much I know it's the wind.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
Also Rabies scare the shit outta me too. Its not really common nowadays but imagine for a second if it came back in huge waves.

If you cant imagine that just watch 28 Days Later..