Things that scare the shit out of you.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Pegghead said:
Nouw said:
Pegghead said:
Spiders and the leopard seal from Pingu.
DO NOT SPEAK OF IT!
It's okay, it's okay. I STILL have nightmares about that damn thing...

Who in the hell thought this was good for a kids show?
I was also scared by the one where Pingu got kicked out... those damn ice shapes!

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
InnerRebellion said:
Ekonk said:
Korsakoff's psychosis.

Why? You remember nothing, you will never form new memories ever again, and your brain creates memories that never happened, leaving you extremely confused and disorientated for the REST OF YOUR LIFE, existing in lucid intervals which you will not remember in the next lucid interval. Every moment of every day you will be in a place you do not remember, you will recognize people you've never met before from things that never happened, you won't be able to recall anything that happened more than ten minutes ago, and that's how you'll live your entire life from then on.
Oh my...that sounds rather unpleasant.

OT: I will say it now, and never again on this kind of thread.

Sex. Even an image displaying sexual actions will get me queasy and I start twitching erratically.
Yeah, Korsakoff's isn't fun. At all.

Oh my, that sounds like the kind of fear that is an official phobia. Wikipedia says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotophobia
Does anything there sound familiar?

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
This, of course:
Blindswordmaster said:
Spiders. I Fucking hate spiders.
And then there was the charger that suddenly lept through a window and punched me in the face. It may not be real, but I still think I peed myself.

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
I have a deep seeded fear of anything related to me speaking publicly...
And just to mess with the people who are frightened of spiders...

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Lemon Detective said:
Spiders, extreme heights (only if I don't have anythingto hold onto) and angry women.
Spiders too. Heights used to, but not anymore.

Also, things that jump right in your face. Like the facehuggers from aliens, the protozoid slimers from Duke Nukem 3D, rounding a corner and having something RIGHT THERE.

That's why I don't like the speed mod too much for Freelancer. I'm afraid that an asteroid would jump right in front of my ship or something.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
C'mon, dogs are wonderful. And they know if you're scared by the way. That just makes it worse.

I hate cats, not afraid of them, but I just don't want one to be near me. Disgusting creatures.

I'm afraid of snakes. And nasty looking insects if I find them surprisingly near or crawling inside or on my clothes.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
Ekonk said:
InnerRebellion said:
Ekonk said:
Korsakoff's psychosis.

Why? You remember nothing, you will never form new memories ever again, and your brain creates memories that never happened, leaving you extremely confused and disorientated for the REST OF YOUR LIFE, existing in lucid intervals which you will not remember in the next lucid interval. Every moment of every day you will be in a place you do not remember, you will recognize people you've never met before from things that never happened, you won't be able to recall anything that happened more than ten minutes ago, and that's how you'll live your entire life from then on.
Oh my...that sounds rather unpleasant.

OT: I will say it now, and never again on this kind of thread.

Sex. Even an image displaying sexual actions will get me queasy and I start twitching erratically.
Yeah, Korsakoff's isn't fun. At all.

Oh my, that sounds like the kind of fear that is an official phobia. Wikipedia says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotophobia
Does anything there sound familiar?
Oh, so there is a phobia name for it? Yeah, that sounds about right.

DPutna17

Nov 18, 2009
Being alone in the dark(no pun intended). It's weird because when I have a friend with me or something I'm fine but by myself i think a serial killer is going to jump out at every turn. This is why I don't play horror games.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
varulfic said:
Death. Not the sexiest fear I know, but that's pretty much it. Luckily, near death experiences aren't that common for me, but sometimes when I can't stop my thoughts from wandering into the deep and I am reminded of the supreme certainty that one day it will come, and there is nothing I can do about it.
That, dolls/marionettes, fucking spiders and barking dogs.
I am also SUPER PARANOID when I hear a creak or something like that in the dark. I tend to run looong distances when I hear a creaking in the night.

Mutie

Feb 2, 2009
Splinters, for one... I get a splinter and I freak-the-fuck-out. Being picked up drives me mental: I'm a fairly small dude in terms of weight, so when larger friends find it funny to scoop me up, they get a face full of thrash. Dogs... don't really like dogs... Death; but I'm comforted somewhat by my obsession with it.

But the thing that scares me the most... Cars. I fucking hate cars. I tried learning to drive one... for an entire year I tried and did little more the deepen my fear of the blasted contraptions. What is it with modern society and the desire to go fast!?

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
The L word...

Seriously though, I don't have irrational fears, although I get a little nervous around high drops if there are no safety precautions. People who fear moths (like my girlfriend) never fail to amuse me.

Wintermute_

Sep 20, 2010
House fires.

There are few other circumstances where you can lose EVERYTHING you own, possibly family members and beloved pets, and then be uprooted from your life, moved to a mysterious place, and possibly leaving all friends and familiar places behind for good to try and desperately rebuild your shattered sense of security and your home.
House fires DESTROY your life (or so I imagine). Biggest fear ever.

May 23, 2010
Mr.Mattress said:
I fear dieing and things that are meant to be scary.
I fear not dieing, personally. But not in a troubling 'I'm there for you if you need me' sort of way. More like a Wobagger the Infinitely Prolonged sort of way.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Nothing.

I'm being serious here, but the thing that really fucking scares me, isn't when something "scary" is happening, it's when something isn't happening. I don't know how many nights I spent unable to go to sleep, because I'm scared that something's going to pop out of nowhere and start doing something I'd rather prefer it didn't the second I close my eyes. The worst bit is, I know that there's absolutely nothing anything could do that'd be worse than the sheer apprehension of just waiting for this to happen, even though I know it won't.

Oh, I worry about things, sure, I'm shocked by things, I might even be unnerved by some things, but I think, these days, this is the only thing that really scares me.

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
Amputees and disfigurement in general. Can't even look, as much of an asshole it makes me...

Jorias

Dec 10, 2008
Well things that scare me the most is the thought of anyone i love dieing, but things that startle me are those damn cans of biscuits you buy at the store that come in those pressurized can things. I always get startled when i open one, i never anticipate the small pop they make.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
bees
i hate those tiny bastards

also outside at night
taking out the trash is scary at night, and i find myself walking to the trash can and sprinting back