harmonic said:
According to this thread, manly things include:

-Being an alcoholic
-Being generally ignorant and unintelligent
-Being lazy - or too cool to care
-Hating everything except Call Of Duty and sports
-Neglecting personal hygiene
-Seeing women as sex toys and nothing more/less
-Having some sort of psychological disorder that precludes the ability to feel any real emotions
Yeah... what about it?

Hmm, I'm a big fan of a show called "Go Girls" (the name should explain it all), I'm also not very fussed about cars or sports, I'm very non-violent... that's about it I think. If you're wondering about that violence part, I'm 15, all the other boys my age want to kill each other, but I leave that for the video games. Speaking of video games, my captcha is: Life campor after playing some bad company 2 and not moving very much...

BigDeadMushy

May 4, 2011
I don't know shit about cars and the fixing thereof.
I also enjoy musical theatre.not that I personally consider this not manly,but I've gotten more than a few odd looks about it

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
I like cuddling. I enjoy a good picnic. I cry a little during certain movies. I like sharing in the troubles of my significant other.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
- I get my eyebrows trimmed.

- I fall apart at the mere image of a small kitty or puppy.

- I shave.. yeah.

- I prefer action heroines over action hero's.

- To top things off, I read romantic fanfiction.. usually without the male characters.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Anaklusmos said:
-snip-
I like puzzles -snip-
Puzzle solving is actually manly, take the Gordian knot.

At one time the Phrygians were without a king. An oracle at Telmissus (the ancient capital of Phrygia) decreed that the next man to enter the city driving an ox-cart should become their king. A peasant farmer named Gordias drove into town on an ox-cart. His position had also been predicted earlier by an eagle landing on his cart, a sign to him from the gods, and on entering the city Gordias was declared king by the priests. In gratitude, his son Midas dedicated the ox-cart[1] to the Phrygian god Sabazios (whom the Greeks identified with Zeus) and either tied it to a post or tied its shaft with an intricate knot of cornel (Cornus mas) bark. The ox-cart[2] still stood in the palace of the former kings of Phrygia at Gordium in the fourth century BC when Alexander arrived, at which point Phrygia had been reduced to a satrapy, or province, of the Persian Empire.
Several themes of myth converged on the chariot, as Robin Lane Fox remarks:[3] Midas' was connected in legend with Alexander's native Macedonia, where the lowland 'Gardens of Midas" still bore his name, and the Phrygian tribes were rightly remembered as having once dwelt in Macedonia. So, in 333 BC, while wintering at Gordium, Alexander the Great attempted to untie the knot. When he could not find the end to the knot to unbind it, he sliced it in half with a stroke of his sword, producing the required ends (the so-called "Alexandrian solution"). That night there was a violent thunderstorm. Alexander's prophet Aristander took this as a sign that Zeus was pleased and would grant Alexander many victories. Once Alexander had sliced the knot with a sword-stroke, his biographers claimed in retrospect[4] that an oracle further prophesied that the one to untie the knot would become the king of Asia.[5]

It all depends how you solve it.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I hate football
I like Owl City and Glee
I am a hopeless romantic

Those are the only 3 things that could make me unmanly but I wouldn't change any of them for the world

monkey jesus

Jan 29, 2009
All of you embrace what you are and love what you love!

I grew up with a constant barrage of "man" talk from my Dad, not a bad guy just a product of being an engineer in the the 50's-60's. A lot of it stuck but I'm not big on drinking or watching sports and I'm happily married to an independent woman (incidentally she makes more than I do).

It means nothing, you'll find that the guys trying to promote anything they do as "manly" is down to insecurity and a need for acceptance.

Plot your own course, be your own man.

Also I like Harry Potter

Sep 13, 2009
Captain-Giggles said:
I fret a lot about my physical appearance, especially my hair. In facy back when I had long hair (About 4-5 inches past shoulder length) I cared for it too well and was mistaken for a woman about... 7 times I think?
I cry at so many things. It's strange because for quite some time I didn't cry at anything, now however I'm crying at things from the "death" of ash in the first pokemon movie to the big reveal in shows like the secret millionaire.
I enjoy "girly" drinks rather than beer. Appletinis, West Coast Cooler, WKD, Bacardi etc. They're really sweet but I tend to avoid them due to the sugar content (See point 1)
I'm very open with my feelings, but quite bad at getting ladies to reciprocate said feelings.
The most active sport I play is Ultimate Frisbee.
There is NO reason for playing Ultimate Frisbee to be considered unmanly. Don't play it often myself but I have great respect for it.

OT: Hmm, things about me that are unmanly?
- Haven't had sex (don't know why that's in there but a lot of people seem to be putting it)
- Typically prefer female singer's voices to male.
- Never been interested in cars.
- Never had a desire to go to a strip club.
- Drink very infrequently, haven't had a single drink this year.
- No interest in clubbing/picking up chicks
- Don't like watching sports (I do enjoy playing them however).
- Enjoy good romances, crappy chick flicks notwithstanding.

delanofilms

Apr 25, 2009
SleepingDragon said:
This topic is inspired by a thread I found on The Spoony Experiment forums. Most men have certain qualities or interests which might not be considered "manly" by their culture. I thought it would be interesting for the male members of this forum to have a discussion about our non manly guilty pleasures and the like.

I don't like sports. Sports movies are okay because the characters give me a reason to care who wins.
I have no interest in cars.
I consider myself a bit of a feminist. Always been a sucker for action girl characters.
I liked Sailor Moon when i was a kid. Black moon was my favorite story arc.

I've performed in many theatrical productions in high school (people consider that gay for some reason). (except this)

Don't drink and I don't plan on ever doing it.(and this)

I've never had a girlfriend.
I want to wait until I'm married before I have sex.
I like a good love story.
I can still enjoy Backstreet Boys and Nsync. I'm was a fan when I was a kid some nostalgia from time to time can be fun.
I'm the sensitive type and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I'm not a competitive person
I like to talk about my problems and feelings
this
DJDarque said:

I've never had sex.

I cry when characters I like die in books and movies.
These too.
And MLP

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I love romcoms[footnote]Definitely, Maybe is probably my favourite[/footnote] and football confuses and annoys me. And I make unnaturally high-pitched noises when startled.

There we go.

EDIT: Also, I cry openly after a few pages of Gives Me Hope. [http://www.givesmehope.com/] Anyone feeling manly? TAKE THE CHALLENGE!

Friendshipandmagic

May 13, 2011
Oh man, here I go.

I cry in sad parts of movies, like when Artex died I literally cried. I don't think that makes me unmanly though, cause I think that if you didn't cry at that point in the movie you just have no soul.

I read and enjoy girls romance manga...way to much. In fact it may be my favorite thing to read. I also like yaoi fanfics, but that kinda comes with the former I think.

I like playing dress up. Girls clothing is the most fun, makeup too. Thought it was fun as a little kid and never grew out of it. I like to put on something feminine around the house, I have on a woman's nightshirt as I type this.

I LOVE to bake, cake, brownies, cookies, anything. I also like domestic work, like cleaning. I'd make a great housewife. I am so gonna buy myself a maid outfit one of these days.

I'm also a very caring, understanding person who will take time out of his day to listen to your problems and discuss feelings.

Of course, I don't feel that any of the above makes me less manly. Screw society, I AM A MAN!!!

UltraDeth

Nov 2, 2010
I used to enjoy wrestling

I like animals

I don't like meeting people

I want to lose my virginity

I'm a bit of a quitter

Pinkros

Mar 15, 2010
SleepingDragon said:
This topic is inspired by a thread I found on The Spoony Experiment forums. Most men have certain qualities or interests which might not be considered "manly" by their culture. I thought it would be interesting for the male members of this forum to have a discussion about our non manly guilty pleasures and the like.

I don't like sports. Sports movies are okay because the characters give me a reason to care who wins.

I consider myself a bit of a feminist. Always been a sucker for action girl characters.

I've performed in many theatrical productions in high school (people consider that gay for some reason).

Don't drink and I don't plan on ever doing it.

I can still enjoy Backstreet Boys and Nsync. I'm was a fan when I was a kid some nostalgia from time to time can be fun.

Word, brother. I've got most of these subscribed to my list(especially the not drinking part) But in the end, why do we have to define "manliness". In my opinion, being a man is being comfortable with yourself, no matter what. A guy who can prodly proclaim "I love MLP:FiM" without shame, THAT, my dear sir, is a real man.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
[small]WHERE IS YOUR MANLINESS!![/small]

OT: most things about me really... sports i don't like, generally not being manly i guess.

Hristo Tzonkov

Apr 5, 2010
SleepingDragon said:

I've performed in many theatrical productions in high school (people consider that gay for some reason).

Don't drink and I don't plan on ever doing it.

Many men share your qualities.It's not that wrong.I always had a dislike for cars for an example.Recently I realised I like how they look,I'm interested in specs but I just don't like driving because I have a problem with the movement.I'm a heavy drinker or used to be.I'm so hairy you could make a sweater from my chest hairs.I'm still sensitive and like talking about feelings.I cry occasionally when things just get over the top.I wouldn't tell anyone of course(except the anonymous internet).Oh and I hate sports.While saying that I run round the neighbourhood daily and frequent the gym to stay in shape(athletic figure).

Some people adopt girlish qualities especially in late teens because they feel unstable and want to be different.

silent_noir_67

May 31, 2011
I dont really care for cars either...I just kinda stand there and nod like an idiot as ppl rattle off their car stats...
I listen to music that ppl could kinda consider "unmanly" like pop etc.
I like to be open with my feelings and I like it when ladies are open with me as well
and I would consider myself a horribly hopeless romantic haha

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
comadorcrack said:
Okay... this is hard for me to admit but!

I ACTUALLY LIKE GLEE!

*runs*
I would enjoy that show, if they took out all the bits where they actually sing.