Ukraine

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
A day after throwing out a video about being in Africa, the boss of Wagner is dead, if Russian sources are to be believed.

If he's actually dead, anyone taking bets on accident versus assassination? I'm betting on the latter.
If true, then that took longer than expected. Also, good, one less bastard in the world.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
A day after throwing out a video about being in Africa, the boss of Wagner is dead, if Russian sources are to be believed.

If he's actually dead, anyone taking bets on accident versus assassination? I'm betting on the latter.
His plane went down over Russia. That's enough to suggest he was shot down by Russian Air defense.

Why he thought he we safe flying over Russia I have no clue.

Alas the Hot Dog vendor has himself become a hot dog.

Reactions: thestor and Hades

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States

Reads like a suicide to me.
Rest in pepperoni.

Reactions: thestor and Hades

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
His plane went down over Russia. That's enough to suggest he was shot down by Russian Air defense.

Why he thought he we safe flying over Russia I have no clue.

Alas the Hot Dog vendor has himself become a hot dog.
I suspect he faked his own death, knowing he's a marked man. No way he was just gonna retire to a former Soviet state. And its not like he'd care about civilian casualties.
Alternatively, he'd be stupid enough to think Putin was telling the truth, nah really fam, bury that shit its all square, come on back, I'll have a private plane meet you to fly over a remote area outside of Moscow, and listen here's 9 civilians to travel with you, I totally respect their lives.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I suspect he faked his own death, knowing he's a marked man. No way he was just gonna retire to a former Soviet state. And its not like he'd care about civilian casualties.
Alternatively, he'd be stupid enough to think Putin was telling the truth, nah really fam, bury that shit its all square, come on back, I'll have a private plane meet you to fly over a remote area outside of Moscow, and listen here's 9 civilians to travel with you, I totally respect their lives.
Hopefully we get some kind of confirmation of the dead on the plane.

IF he was on that plane the man is worm food.

Reactions: SilentPony

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Aren't they making a sequel to lord of war? Maybe they should change the story to be about this guy bonkers life now that he's dead.

Wonder who the other people on the plane were?

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Wonder who the other people on the plane were?
Well apparently a bunch of General and other officers mysteriously disappeared after the Coup - kinda like Putin was spending some time rounding up the collaborators.
Wouldn't be a bad idea to have them all in the plane you're already planning to shoot down. 10 birds with one missile as it were.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Not to victim blame, but if I had double crossed Vladimir Putin, I would simply choose to never get on a plane again as long as he was alive.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Goodness me. Putin may as well be stroking a white cat saying something like "You have failed me for the last time".

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Well apparently a bunch of General and other officers mysteriously disappeared after the Coup - kinda like Putin was spending some time rounding up the collaborators.
Wouldn't be a bad idea to have them all in the plane you're already planning to shoot down. 10 birds with one missile as it were.
Although bear in mind that Russia is a chaotic state.

Prigozhin himself demonstrates that all sort of players are prepared to take strong action on their own initiative and Putin has vastly less control than he likes people to think. There will be a whole host of people - FSB, military, bureacracy, etc. - who may have decided to take Prigozhin out without bothering to check with Putin. They wouldn't be caught (and would anyone even look that hard?).

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Although bear in mind that Russia is a chaotic state.

Prigozhin himself demonstrates that all sort of players are prepared to take strong action on their own initiative and Putin has vastly less control than he likes people to think. There will be a whole host of people - FSB, military, bureacracy, etc. - who may have decided to take Prigozhin out without bothering to check with Putin. They wouldn't be caught (and would anyone even look that hard?).
Totally fair. Its also possible the general wasn't on the plane at all, and this was a faked death.
This is also interesting: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/pV9N3E7FcOY

If true, all of Wagner's assets transfer over to the dude's wife.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Huh. I've never seen an entire airplane fall out of a window before.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The nazi were in their heart all along.

Wonder if Belarus guy knew that was going to happen or if he was making his own plan to get the wagner around and now it's all gone.
According to Telegram, this flight was between St Petersburg and Moscow. And the last video Prigozhin filmed-- less than 2 days beforehand-- appeared to be filmed in Africa, and was extolling the Wagner Group's operations on that continent. So judging by that, he wasn't in Belarus for a while anyway.

Reactions: meiam