Unforgotten Realms: Sir Schmoopy and the Philosopher's Shiny Rocks

For Science

Apr 27, 2009
Where does giving Douglas a drop of never ending life come in? Sorry but that's the bit on my mind.
PS I think it's getting better with the plot, random stuff would get old IMO.
EDIT: and look out for Professor Walrus.

mkg

Feb 24, 2009
I hope they bring back groundbold as a sidekick like jacque and petey were, I love that freaking thing.

Jun 25, 2009
mint episode, but i still think the 1st season was the best, mainly because of the high bear gag, tht was awesome!

Still its better than some of the shows i watch on tv for plot twists, so keep up the good work! =]

BorutaDevil

Jul 3, 2009
ahahah! finally an episode with a longer run time!! what was up with that rob? seriously? if we r going to see UR once a week then it better be about 13 mins! :p keep 'em coming cuz im definatly hooked!

mcmar

Jun 28, 2009
I'm curious, what if Deligoth nador turns into timmy the evil after getting corrupted since hes the one with the nador gems in the future. I don't quite think that's right but this episode leaves a lot of questions to be answered which is good since it adds to the suspense so great job with it.
Ocelano said:
Nahh i still likethe they use the stone dream spell to return to the present theory which explains the statues at the beginning of season 2. maybe if schmmopie corrupts nader and then douglas becomes dragon warrior who knows
was that your idea with the stone dream spell because it seems plausible and creative...and it reminds me of that show xiaolin showdown if anyone ever watched that show :)

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
Good to see this series is still going strong, to be honest I just got done with all of season 2 and what you have so far of season 3, not easy keeping up with every website such as newgrounds, Justin.tv, hell even youtube, but to be honest the internet seems pretty dry this summer, its as if everyone got up and went on vacation at the same time.

Whatever, but still keep up the good work, hell this stuff is better then some of the crap they dish out on tv these days.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
SirSchmoopy said:
Krantos said:
You know, what started as a hilariously tongue in cheek take on Role-playing has just become another lame rip off of nearly everything. I mean, the only funny thing was Douglas catching fire, and not a damn thing was original. At least they're back to the proper length again.

Oh, And I was very sad they missed the obvious joke of calling the school Hogwash.
So what started out as a parody of gaming culture is still a parody of gaming culture and that is not a proper length and I would not be expecting it as the norm.
Actually I don't see any Gaming parody in this episode. I see a literary parody that fails because one of the requirements for parody is that it actually has to be, you know, funny.

And by 'proper length' I was referring to the fact that the original episodes, back when it actually was a parody of gaming culture and laugh your ass off funny, were all about 10-15 minutes in length. Now, with recent episodes capping off at about 5-7 minutes with a minute long intro and the unnecessary and unfunny narration at the end which also goes on for a minute or two, there is barely anytime for actual plot or jokes. The episode Ratgina, for instance, had only about 3 1/2 minutes that was actually a part of the show.

theunreliablecritic

Jun 13, 2009
ever since the beginning of the second season urealms is losing its spark the first season was terrific but i just dont see that flare that it once had

AsakuraJen

Jun 10, 2009
That was really good! When it started with the whole Hogwarts rippin' off thing I was thinking "Uh oh this could go horribly wrong".

Glad to see that, so far, i've been wrong!

:) it's good that it's a decent length again :p with no cliff hangers!

Well done :) the references are sometimes subtles *i.e. nadar gems = horcruxs* which is good!
xx

Shadowsin375

Apr 24, 2009
For Science said:
Where does giving Douglas a drop of never ending life come in? Sorry but that's the bit on my mind.
dont worry I'm sure it is unforgotten

(yes i do make myself laugh... no one else matters)

Hijuice said:
Holy Crap Guys! Why don't you suck him off even harder he might ejaculate in your face? Sorry but you lot shouldnt critizise other peoples opinions on UR. If people don't like it they have a right to say something and by a miracle and only a miracle something might get changed.

Personaly i like the show i just hate to see everyone going oooooooo Rob's right like always la la la ... hes human not God.
critisizing people for critisizing people.... god i love reading these comments just for the hypocricy.....

Ickabod

May 29, 2008
In case I didn't say it before. Thanks for making longer episodes Rob, it makes my lunch twice as enjoyable on Thursdays.

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
mcmar said:
I'm curious, what if Deligoth nador turns into timmy the evil after getting corrupted since hes the one with the nador gems in the future. I don't quite think that's right but this episode leaves a lot of questions to be answered which is good since it adds to the suspense so great job with it.
Ocelano said:
Nahh i still likethe they use the stone dream spell to return to the present theory which explains the statues at the beginning of season 2. maybe if schmmopie corrupts nader and then douglas becomes dragon warrior who knows
was that your idea with the stone dream spell because it seems plausible and creative...and it reminds me of that show xiaolin showdown if anyone ever watched that show :)
I came up with it a couple of weeks back I dont think I ripped it off anybody else it was just the combo of the statues in a place they had never been before and the spell used on roamin I dare say most viewerts have at least had the idea though

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Krantos said:
SirSchmoopy said:
Krantos said:
You know, what started as a hilariously tongue in cheek take on Role-playing has just become another lame rip off of nearly everything. I mean, the only funny thing was Douglas catching fire, and not a damn thing was original. At least they're back to the proper length again.

Oh, And I was very sad they missed the obvious joke of calling the school Hogwash.
So what started out as a parody of gaming culture is still a parody of gaming culture and that is not a proper length and I would not be expecting it as the norm.
Actually I don't see any Gaming parody in this episode. I see a literary parody that fails because one of the requirements for parody is that it actually has to be, you know, funny.

And by 'proper length' I was referring to the fact that the original episodes, back when it actually was a parody of gaming culture and laugh your ass off funny, were all about 10-15 minutes in length. Now, with recent episodes capping off at about 5-7 minutes with a minute long intro and the unnecessary and unfunny narration at the end which also goes on for a minute or two, there is barely anytime for actual plot or jokes. The episode Ratgina, for instance, had only about 3 1/2 minutes that was actually a part of the show.

The length is what it is. You do not pay for this show and it has to make a buck. The time you get is the time you get. Ratgina only had so much in it to tell and adding the next part of the story would either make it too long or I would just be adding in filler to make it longer then it needs to be. If you think the length is hurting the show well I got a news flash for you, it was either reduce the length or stop doing the show and if you think the latter was a better idea well sorry, I don't.

You got two options. Stop watching or wait. Telling me episodes are short and unfunny means nothing in the long run to me. Thats perspective and your crying about a couple recent episodes. From where I'm sitting your 1 in 100 comments telling me you didn't think something was funny. If your looking for Dungeons and Dragons Seinfeld then sorry but I have moved pass that.

Hijuice

Jun 26, 2009
Shadowsin375 said:
For Science said:
dont worry I'm sure it is unforgotten

(yes i do make myself laugh... no one else matters)

Hijuice said:
Holy Crap Guys! Why don't you suck him off even harder he might ejaculate in your face? Sorry but you lot shouldnt critizise other peoples opinions on UR. If people don't like it they have a right to say something and by a miracle and only a miracle something might get changed.

Personaly i like the show i just hate to see everyone going oooooooo Rob's right like always la la la ... hes human not God.
critisizing people for critisizing people.... god i love reading these comments just for the hypocricy.....
Actually most of my complaint was towards those people who were like 'Leave Robert aloooooone!' crocker style. Im pretty sure he can handle himself and for them to do that while critisizing other people's ... somewhat valid opinions, to me seemed wrong.

Hypocricy or not i still think i am right :D

MrFluffy-X

Jun 24, 2009
WITHOUT A DOUBT! The Worst episode of unforgotten Realms! Barely any jokes, just some story line explained by the one character...

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
SirSchmoopy said:
The length is what it is. You do not pay for this show and it has to make a buck. The time you get is the time you get. Ratgina only had so much in it to tell and adding the next part of the story would either make it too long or I would just be adding in filler to make it longer then it needs to be. If you think the length is hurting the show well I got a news flash for you, it was either reduce the length or stop doing the show and if you think the latter was a better idea well sorry, I don't.

You got two options. Stop watching or wait. Telling me episodes are short and unfunny means nothing in the long run to me. Thats perspective and your crying about a couple recent episodes. From where I'm sitting your 1 in 100 comments telling me you didn't think something was funny. If your looking for Dungeons and Dragons Seinfeld then sorry but I have moved pass that.
A few things

First: I was unaware of who I was talking to before. I had assumed that I was simply talking to yet another fan-boy.

Open mouth, insert foot I suppose.

I was rude, derisive and, quite frankly, a bit of an asshole.

For that I apologize.

Had I known I was talking to the person who makes the show I would have phrased that in a much more polite and considerate way. I still stand by my previous points, however, badly put though they were.

Second: I'm not saying that I hate the show or that I think it's bad. I enjoy the show and watch it every week. I simply do not think that the recent episodes have been as good as some of the earlier ones. That does not mean I think the show should end, far from it.

Third: As to the length, I understand about filler and not wanting to artificially lengthen the episodes, but I was referring to the general trend and simply used Ratgina as an example. Your comments about this episode's length not being indicative of a return to longer episodes saddens me, because the length of the initial episodes was one of the things that brought me to the series in the first place. I think that it made the episodes actually feel like they were smaller stories that tied together to form a larger over-arching plot. The shorter episodes just feel like pieces and parts to a story with no individual coherence.

Finally, I openly admit that this is all my own opinion and that you are under no obligation to even acknowledge it let alone change anything because of it. I'm a fan of the first and second seasons and as Yahtzee says, "fans are clinging complaining dipshits that will never be happy with any concession you make. The sooner you block out their shrill tremulous voices the happier you'll be." Besides, the comments section is there so people can discuss the show, good or bad.

I, however, will be sure to post my complaints in a more agreeable way from here on out, now that I know you actually read them.