Username Origins

Varis

lp0 on fire
Feb 24, 2012
"Haukotus" means "yawn" in finnish. One can assume I was sort of bored at the time of inventing it, I was creating an account for Aion or something and my usual nick was reserved so Haukotus it was. And it stuck.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
It sounds silly is my reasoning.

I just came up with the name General Twinkletoes a few years ago, but I have shorten it to General Twinkle when it can't be full length. There's really no backstory to it :/
I kind of want to get a new name, but General Twinkletoes has stuck, and I can't think of anything else that doesn't sound stupid.

saoirse13

Mar 21, 2012
Saoirsé means freedom in irish its also my name. 13 is a pretty good number for me. To be honest, not much thought went into in. Im a lazy SOB sometimes

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
A blade to kill mammoths? A blade the size of a mammoth? A blade forged from mammoth bones? I don't know, but it sounded good when I was playing Skyrim...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
It's been my stage name for well over a decade. I didn't like my old usernames, so I started using this instead.

Helmholtz Watson said:
Where does my username come from? Well lets just say that I'm the Alpha of the Alphas and that I intend to be a writer who lives where the weather is terrible so that I can have some inspiration. By exiling myself from society, one could even say that I live in a brave new world.

:D
So...Stephanie Meyers fan? >.>

Aylaine said:
It's my real name. No real origins there, but it does have a lot of sentimental value to me as a result. :)
Lucky. I hate my real name. Part of the reason for a stage name. ;)

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
When i created my Judo character in KwonHo (my all-time favourite fighting game), i was stuffing Chocolate in my Face and since i have no real imagination, i put two-and-two together, creating this relatively unique name.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
I think I was lurking, and saw a thread where I felt I just had to throw an account together, hop in and call out a swine. Muspelheim came to mind, and it had a nice ring to it. And that was it, pretty much.

(Muspelheim = a realm of fire in Norse mythology)

Sqrt(-1)

Jul 12, 2012
Sqrt() is the function in C++ for finding the square root of a number, and the square root of -1 is an imaginary number, i. This comes for an argument in a history class during my freshman year. We were discussing the idea that the universe was created 5 minutes ago, and that we were just created with our memories. I added to the discussion and said I could just be a figment of everyone's imagination, and they were all imagining me at the same time. Now, whenever I come up with a witty remark in conversation, the response is 'I imagined you would say that.' So, my username is just a geeky way of saying I'm imaginary.

My profile pic is my cat. I photographed her, developed the print, scanned the print into the computer, and shopped it. Now, instead of a fat cat looking at a toy, it's a cat head looking at the HL logo...

Waiting.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I was playing FF6 advanced at the time and Ultros was my favorite boss,So I used his goofy self given nick name,UncleUlty. I've sort of become attached to it and use it for most forums I frequent.

As for the avatar,it's the baby of PSL and google image search

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
It's a nickname I've had for about 10 years now, so I decided to use that.

As for the avatar, I love Community.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
I misread one of the registration options, I thought it said to enter my real name so I put my real name in.

That's it.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
So...Stephanie Meyers fan? >.>
What in the name of Ford did you say? My name coming from some Twilight novel? Sir, forgive me or such forwardness, but are you lacking in your soma intake? I must warn you sir, if you go too long without taking your soma you could end up like Linda and her savage son, John.

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
Doomspore is sort of running joke with some of my DnD friends. We were walking in a swamp when we found a field of doom spore, a spore that can kill you. My friend had the great idea of running through it, amazingly he survived until he decided to eat some at the very end. He died. and 98 was when I was born.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
Loads of people think I chose mine because I played Super Smash Bros Brawl. I chose it because I played the hell out of Kirby Super Star, where one of the games was called 'MetaKnights Revenge'. I thought at the time, this is when I was about 10, this MetaKnight guy is awesome. The 19 comes from it being my favourite number...

evilengine

Nov 20, 2009
EvilEngine is derived from the game Skullmonkeys, the name of the big planet eating machine; Evil Engine #9. Which is ultimately destroyed by a clay mute with a potato.

My avatar, on a similar note, is Klogg and comes from the prequel to Skullmonkeys, 'The Neverhood'. He's rather grumpy because he isn't allowed to have a god's magic crown.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
Every website I used to go to, I wanted to use my name (John Carter). But it's more common than muck. So instead I'm using a translation of my middle name (Patiño) meaning Little Duck, which has kind of stuck now.

As for my avatar it was more or less how I looked about 2 years ago. I try not to create an online personality of myself. I'm not very good at pretending to not be me.

MattyintheHatty

Feb 3, 2011
In my circle of friends there were too many "Matt"s so we all got nicknames to keep it simple, being french they just added an "y" to mine and thus i was Matty. As for the Hatty, I blame my love for Dr. Seuss.