Valve Fans Form Left 4 Dead 2 Boycott Group

Smashking

Apr 2, 2008
I don't think I understand... It's a new release? And it might not suck? What's the problem?

frenchtoast1337

May 28, 2009
dude, i feel your pain. I NEED HL2:3. I cant wait, but L4D2 looks good for the time that has been spent on it. With Valve quality games I wont mind shelling out 50 bucks for a new one. Think of it as an expansion pack, like for WoW. People dont mind shelling out 50 for those!

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I think some people should look at the group page [http://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4D2boycott] and do a bit of dwelling there, they do seem to be mainly serious about this. Also I think their manifesto [http://l4d2boycott.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=announce&action=display&thread=98] is realistic from them to say the least.

danosaurus

Mar 11, 2008
I kinda see this community rage as being akin to biting the hand that feeds you.
Don't be such whiney little children, Valve are one of the only software developers that still make consistently awesome and community driven games.

Shut up and take your rage somewhere it's deserved, like an xbox customer service centre or your milk bottle.

/backhand

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
Programmed_For_Damage said:
Get over it nerds!

While some of their points in the manifesto are fair, some are just assinine.
You're posting on a gaming website broseph.

The entire point of the boycott is to get something done. Valve made >specific promises< about stuff they would do with L4D. I.E. What they did with TF2.

So far, they haven't done what they did with TF2 at all, and a sequel is coming out. So, are we supposed to accept these new promises ("We promise these campaigns will be longer!") the same way we accepted the promises made for L4D1?

And, further, Gabe has come out recently and said "L4D2 is not in the spirit of Valve, but what can I do?"

Not exactly that, but nutshelled.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/06/before-its-time-valve-explains-left-4-dead-sequel-to-ars.ars

So, are you going to tell Gabe he's wrong?

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Lord_Panzer said:
Oooohhh. My. GOD!

Stop complaining! Holy balls, folks, all we know so far is what's shown in about five two-minute videos, and you're finding reason to complain?
IT'S VALVE!! DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY'RE GOING TO SCREW IT UP?!?

/unbridled rage.
Yes.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
i don't even have the first one, i'll get it for £5 when L4D2 comes out i imagine.

Music Mole

Apr 15, 2009
I lol'd, just fork out the cash and buy the game, stop being stingy, I have left 4 dead and to be honest I, welcome the change, change is good. Don't whine and bicker over something you want for free, seeing as how team fortress 2 gets all this free un-lockables Valve must be low on funds. troll me all you want I have my opinion you have yours, What makes yours better than mine? and why is mine better than yours?

Arassar

Nov 25, 2008
Team Fortress 2 came in the Orange Box, which was 3 games (4 if you count episode 2) for 50 bucks, easily 20 hours of gameplay, plus a lot more if you really got into TF2. The Orange Box was pretty awesome, but that is in the past and has no relevance.

L4D comes out - 50 bucks, maybe 4 hours of gameplay. And a year later, L4D2 comes out - also presumably 50 bucks. You call wanting to not buy the same game every year being "stingy?" How about they put forth a little effort in the creation of that first game. It's shorter than the original Fable, for God's sake.

And people need to stop comparing L4D2 to the WOW expansions. First, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King came out almost two years apart. Second, they weren't full price. Third, if you stack the content in Burning Crusade or Wrath up next to Left 4 Dead, L4D would get lost in the shadow, never to be heard from again. Fourth, Blizzard actually supports their products and releases new stuff all the time, and don't tell me it's because of the subscribers. If Valve wanted to have a subscription service so that they could actually give people stuff, I'd be all for it. Maybe we could get a new version of Steam that doesn't suck.

Fenixhart

Mar 26, 2009
Arassar said:
Team Fortress 2 came in the Orange Box, which was 3 games (4 if you count episode 2) for 50 bucks, easily 20 hours of gameplay, plus a lot more if you really got into TF2. The Orange Box was pretty awesome, but that is in the past and has no relevance.
The Orange Box is by no means an Industry Standard. Quite the opposite. Blue Moons are more common than 4 games for 50 bucks.

The Young One

Mar 26, 2009
*Sits quietly waiting for the release date*

Yes, I'm one of the few looking forward to it, it seems...

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
I just wish that valve would make a new counter Strike/Half life rather than make L4D 2. It is also is sad to see that there will be no more DlC for the first, and even if there is everybody will be playing the second. Everything there putting in L4D 2 looks like it could be easily packed into DLC.

Edit: All I want for L4D 1 is more weapons, Special infected and levels. I don't care much about characters since the first has no real story.

anNIALLator

Jul 24, 2008
It's not so much that abandoning L4D annoys me, it's that I don't see anything in L4D2 that warrants a full sequel. I like how the new guns look and feel, but I definetly do not like broad daylight or fiddle music.

Headshot Gamer UK

Jun 8, 2009
Valve havn't let anyone down, and lets be honest, theyre a business, they need money, they can't afford to give free updates in a reccesion probably (aside from TF2)