We Dare Gets 12+ Rating, Parents Go Nuts

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
El Danny said:
What's that? You don't think your kids should be playing this game?

Don't Buy It For Them Then. Problem Sorted.

Stop having tantrums when the rest of the world refuses to parent your children for them.
No, that only applies to parents buying their kids games they're not old enough for.

A 12 year old is perfectly capable of buying their own games, and thanks to this age rating, they can, legally.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
meh. the game looks boring to kids anyway, so there should be no problem. i mean, what kind of 12 year old wants to spank his friends instead of playing 16+ games that their parents gave them anyway?

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
I can see why, the advert does make it out to be saucy. On the other hand, it's just a dare game, and the fact of the matter is, it's the people themselves who interpret the innuendo, and/or take it too far.

WrongSprite

Aug 10, 2008
Mornelithe said:
WrongSprite said:
El Danny said:
What's that? You don't think your kids should be playing this game?

Don't Buy It For Them Then. Problem Sorted.

Stop having tantrums when the rest of the world refuses to parent your children for them.
No, that only applies to parents buying their kids games they're not old enough for.

A 12 year old is perfectly capable of buying their own games, and thanks to this age rating, they can, legally.
Know many 12 year olds with an unsupervised $60+ dollar budget? Are they driving themselves to the store? Is it their own credit card?
What the hell? This is 12 we're talking about, not 5.

When I was 12 I had a paper round which got me the equivalent of about $40 a week, easily enough for some shitty Wii shovelware. I could walk to the store, and I got paid cash, it's really not difficult for a kid to buy a game.

WrongSprite

Aug 10, 2008
Mornelithe said:
WrongSprite said:
What the hell? This is 12 we're talking about, not 5.

When I was 12 I had a paper round which got me the equivalent of about $40 a week, easily enough for some shitty Wii shovelware. I could walk to the store, and I got paid cash, it's really not difficult for a kid to buy a game.
Yeah, it's a 12 yr old, who has about as much business and economic sense as a doorknob. Parents letting 12 year olds have an unsupervised cash flow? Bad idea.
Why? If they've earned it, they can do what they like with it.
Hell, I probably spent most of mine on sweets and games, I don't regret that, I was 12.

Super Jamz

Apr 16, 2009
A 12+ rating is quite stupid on their part, but then again it pales in comparison to how ludicrous the actual game looks like.

Nuclear Pancake

Aug 29, 2009
Hmm this is interesting because the current rating system is based on what the game renders on screen and in We Dare's case it is two people flying or eating and apple . However its what the game implies that you that is adult since you could just play by pressing the buttons with you hands. So we may seem a change in policy or the way in which games are judged.

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
lacktheknack said:
WelshDanny said:
Correction: Labour MP...

When will Americans learn to spell correctly? :(
When others learn that Americans have different ways of spelling and it's not the end of the world.
To be fair, it is the name of a political party, rather than the word.

OT: The board is there to set the lower limit, not condone the activity. He explicity said that the game was tame and that the ad was more raunchy than the actual game, he can't make up reasons for giving it an 18 if there aren't any.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
WelshDanny said:
Correction: Labour MP...

When will Americans learn to spell correctly? :(
When will you learn that yours isn't the only correct spelling in the world?

traineesword

Jan 24, 2010
I don't get it. It looks crap. Speaking as a person who does remember being 16 very clearly, i wouldn't have bought this game then. It just looks ridiculous.

Besides, wasn't "project rub" for DS a 3+?

Jun 11, 2008
But spin the bottle is more sexual than this. The only thing that is even remotely sexual is the spanking. Worse things happen in kid discos.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
I'm not sure what to be more saddened by... The fact that the rating is that low or the fact that the game exists at all.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
What the fuck is up with the video? What's with the static noise and the parental code thing?

Besides that, how stupid are these people? The game isn't even being marketed to kids, that's why it shows four adults playing.

WhatHityou

Nov 14, 2008
Another example of marketing shooting itself in the foot and giving more ammunition to people who want a totalitarian control system over video games. The ad was likely like they said a exaggeration but still.