We Dare Gets 12+ Rating, Parents Go Nuts

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
El Danny said:
What's that? You don't think your kids should be playing this game?

Don't Buy It For Them Then. Problem Sorted.

Stop having tantrums when the rest of the world refuses to parent your children for them.
I believe this statement sums up my sentiments to the very word.

Your kids want to have sex at 13? They'll do it. If a videogame encourages it, and despite your protests or life lessons, they just do it, then congratulations!

You're a bad parent.
Either that or it wasn't too harmful to them to begin with.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
That was actually embarrassing. Can adults not take part in sexual activities without resorting to a children's console? ;P

Woem

May 28, 2009
Banned in the US, OK for 12+ in Europe. It's a weird world we live in.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
The Random Paradox said:
Andy Chalk said:
Hall said typical 16-year-olds would find the game's content "beneath them."
Finally, somebody who knows what they're talking about.
I'd think it beneath me but I'd still have a riotous time playing. Mainly because my friends and I are easily amused.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Heh, this is funny.

The ratings guys rated the game.

The parents rated the advert.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Another parent said the game will "fuel sexual tensions" and could lead to "sexual touching or assault."
Another game that's going to cause rape? And without violence?

That's quite an achievement.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
They do realise that whatever those games consist of, it's pretty much thrown into the gutter by any decent game of spin the bottle or some similar crap most kids do, right?

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
The only thing here kinda surprising is the game rating. Parents would have freaked out even if they gave it a Adults-only rating.

yookiwooki

Dec 3, 2010
Just because the game has a 12+ rating doesn't mean that the game will be marketed to 12 year olds. People don't understand that the rating score and the marketing demographic are not the same thing.

The game is entirely innuendo from what I can tell, so none of it would mean anything sexual to anyone who doesn't 'get it.' If you already 'get it' the game is not corrupting you.

Ubisoft would never market this game to young kids. That's just not who the game is made for. I hope someday parents organizations and the media will realize that videogames don't have to be for kids.

On a side note, the game looks terrible anyways...

Kunzer

Press R to cause ragequit
Jul 14, 2008
My girlfriend had me sell her Wii on Ebay.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Feb 13, 2008
UK:12+
"Beneath most 16 year olds"

US: BANNED [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.267253-Ubisofts-Sexy-Minigame-Collection-Too-Naughty-for-U-S]

I'm giggling quietly to myself. Sexually repressed indeed.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Once again stupid publsihers and their advertising has loaded gaming in hot water. And for once I'm on the side of the parents here, while the content of the actual game itself are harmless that a rating of 12+ would seem fine, the innuendo and activity suggested via the game is something that is not suitable for children of that age group, which is something the ratings board should really have taken into consideration when decided on the final rating for the game.

Ubisoft should not have used such an blantantly sexual (though cheesy) advert to promote the product, of which I'm sure could have easily been promoted in a much more discret and tasteful way. Now we've got this totally expected and deserved backlash which could have been avoided if Ubisoft had thought for half a second what it was sugguested by it's very stupid advert. Kinda hoping some heads will roll in Ubisoft's Marketing Department for this, if means an end to these stupid adverts.