were you ever bullied in school?

Satocreed

Oct 26, 2009
Not directly no. In my high school you were either a religious zealot or the exact opposite. Unfortunately for me I fell squarely in the middle of that, so people just kind of avoided me. No idea if that counts though.

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
In grade school I was bullied a lot by one kid, because I didn't fight back no matter what. He was horrible, but kids actually liked me and disliked him so he got beat up usually if he beat me up. I could have beat up the kid easily, I was always bigger but I refused to fight in school and that where he'd start things.
same thing in high school but a different kid, I was huge in 7th grade, and not fat tall and strong. But I was a good kid and wouldn't fight in school, A really small kid would take advantage of that and pick on me non-stop, punch kick, and just annoy me, I disliked that kid greatly.
Once I hit 8th grade I learned if teachers like you, your fine to defend yourself and the physical bullying stopped, or if it happened I made it much worse for the other kid.
But with actual high school came to light that I didn't date do to the fact I hated drama, and that's what high school dating was so everyone except the people who were my friends thought I was gay. My friends knew for a fact that I wasn't and defended me as well as me defending myself but it never stopped. The girls were the worst in this department because I had turned down enough date offers they all just assumed I was gay and stuck with it.
Eventually I went to cyber school and now in college I am pretty well free of all that crap. I had all the things that many think make a bully, strength/size(biggest and strongest kid in my grade always), decent looks(I don't know how I look, just going with what is told), my family was well off, and I was liked by the teachers(that one can go both ways).

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Constantly from both boys and girls, then I had to go home and see my dad who would scream and shout and hit my sister and mum all night.

yay childhood.

Wouldn't go through that again for anything.

Sangreal Gothcraft

Feb 28, 2011
Ahhh the memories are coming back to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Yeah i was bully for being a Nerd in Middle School, spit on Pushed against walls Beat up picked on. Then i snapped Threw the bully on the table and Bit his Fucking ear off, I was sent to Therapy to control my anger after that. Kid never messed with me again. High School was awesome though, From nerd to Party boy.

Lady Nilstria

Aug 11, 2009
Kimarous said:
I started homeschooling in Grade 7 because I was ready to snap. I never went back into "public" education until college.

Nothing says "betrayal" like a chuck of ice thrown into your balls by your best friend.

So... yeah. Bullied.
Indeed, sir. I got out earlier though. I do not regret my decision in the least.

The ice to the balls did not happen to me though. >__>

I was simply shunned. Since I was generally oblivious to my surroundings, everyone laughed at me behind my back, but thankfully, I never really noticed it.

PMorgan18

Apr 6, 2010
I was bullied once. Then I talked to my dad about it and he told this, "You can either hide behind your mother's skirt like a pussy or you can end it by getting payback." I picked payback, fought the kid and won. Well you can guess the teachers didn't like and called my dad about it and asked him if somebody in his position(police sargent) he should be teaching me and he laughed at them. Well I have lived with my bullies and friends bullies the same way.

michael-592

Mar 10, 2011
I used to get bullied all the time in elementary school and middle school but I learned to grow thick skin and I got in several fights, even in the middle of class. When I got into high school it wasn't much of a problem because people knew that it wasn't worth their time to mess with me, plus I had a great deal more friends, and many of the people who used to bully me grew up so they weren't as bad as they used to be.

Honestly I am glad I got bullied when I was a kid. It made me a much stronger and surprisingly calmer individual. I now know not rise to bait and to not waste my time with those sorts of people. I think everyone can do with a slight amount of bullying in their childhood, it is good for you, but some people do take bullying much to far.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
No, not really.

And it wasn't because I was strong or tall or anything, in fact I was quite skinny and weak. The only reason no one bullied me was because I was best friends with one of the funniest guys in my year level and everyone loved him.

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
I was bullied all the time, and like many people here, got into serious trouble for defending myself. It's really interesting how nobody seems to care until you defend yourself/fight back/call them a mean name, and then suddenly you're the bad guy that gets suspended. In high school I had my head smashed into a locker by one of your typical freakishly oversized football players and it dented the locker to the point where it didn't close anymore, and I got suspended for a week because I called him an asshole as I ran to the bathroom to wipe the blood off my face. It's amazing how fast they change their minds about who's fault it was when you threaten legal action though. He got expelled and was arrested a year later for robbing some convenience store, and I went off to college. So yay me.

ajemas

Nov 19, 2009
When I first started high school I was only 4 feet 10 inches tall, easily the shortest person in the entire school. I had my fair share of bullying experiences, having water dumped on me, getting stuff thrown at me, the usual.
Gym class was the worst. I remember a 2 month period of time when several kids started carrying around huge rubber bands. Every gym period, they would grasp one end with their thumb and forefinger and pull it back as far as they could. Rather than simply doing it from a distance, they actually placed their thumbs on my back so as to inflict the maximum damage. It might not sound too bad, but these rubber bands were so huge they caused bleeding and a bit of scarring.
I had been doing Judo for about 4 years at that point, but I was nothing to write home about. After a while, though, decided that I was at least going to do something to stop the immediate damage (I am not one to "lose it" and start punching people). When one of those kids started to bring back the rubber band I grabbed his jacket and did a quick morote seoinage, pulling him up and over me, bringing him down on the ground hard. Because I was using his weight and momentum he hit the ground really hard. I kind of got left alone after that.
Over the next two years I grew more than an entire foot and people finally started to recognize me. I even became friends with my initial tormentors.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Bullied? Not really. Most people just ignored me. A few jokes got thrown my way about me being fat, but they weren't really insulting. And nobody ever hit me in school.
Actually, the only time people paid attention to me was when we did teamwork in French and English classes, and then a lot of people pretended to be my friend so I could do most of the work for them since I was top of my class in those subjects. And of course I did it because teachers didn't want me working on my own and letting them do the work meant my grades would take a hit. That left me with a profound hatred for any type of teamwork in school.
Actually, bullying was never an issue in my elementary and high schools. I don't know anybody who's really been bullied back then.

Skullulartastic

Sep 23, 2011
I was never bullied mostly because I never gave anyone a reason to bully me. Also, I think I was able to convince most bullies that they had better things to do then try their luck at getting a satisfying reaction from me.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
jackpackage200 said:
After watching the jonah mowry video, It got me thinking about when i was in high school when i was bullied. It was this 7ft football player who could get away with anything because he was a varsity athlete.

Bullied? A few isolated cases in middle school, but I feel like a crying wimp after seeing some of the posts in this thread. I walked with the right crowds(or no crowd at all) I suppose.

Self-imposed social barricade? Yes.

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
No, I have never associated myself with a bully, nor have I personally witnessed any act of bullying. Pretty much stayed "invisible" throughout my school years. Everyone else I've encountered in school minded their own business and didn't try to start shit to fulfill their ego.

Synyster

Madman with a laptop
Jul 20, 2011
I was bullied terribly all through high school, and one day I got in a big fight with someone which turned into a brawl, I was suspended for breaking his jaw, knocking out two teeth, breaking his nose and cracking his eye socket, and the worst part is, he attacked me first and I was the one who go into trouble, granted I went WAY too far but I would have been fine with us both being punished

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Dr.A said:
Yeah, though mostly by assholes who are probably all poverty-stricken 20-year-old parents or drug-addicts by now, so I never let it really bother me. The thought of their suffering keeps me warm at night.
Yeah, this is exactly what happened to the people who bullied me(a few times) in middle school. Except I don't have to wait to see them fail!

See people? This is what will happen to the people who pick on you. There's hope in the world.

ZombieBigfoot

Jan 30, 2011
Bullied for roughly 9 years straight, actually. 2nd grade all the way to 10th. Barely shook it in my Junior year, and even then there were still some of them picking on me.

I was a big kid(even bigger now), so they never really went with the physical bullying with me. But I have s**ty self-esteem, Asperger's, and severe depression issues. You could get to me and the only physical contact you'd need is a shove at the most. That's past tense now. Because of all of that, I've become almost impossible to bully. Even found out several choice words to use in my defense.

Edit: I'd also like to add that going to the administration, or the teachers, did absolutely f**king jack s**t. They gave me a fake pat on the back and said they'd give the kid(s) a stern talking to. A 'stern talking to' accomplishes nothing when the little pricks you're talking to will either A) lie about doing it, and often times get away with it, or B) pretend to be sorry and do it again the next day.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Yeah i was bullied.

In middle school something actually came out of telling the teachers/faculty. After i did that the people who bullied me left me the fuck alone. Although i didn't mention the teacher that bullied me so her scaly evil ass had a job for a couple more years... hope the whore is dead now.

But in High School oh man. That was dreadful. First year only though, thank god. I was in AVID, which is like a college prep class that is supposed to be taken for the entire HS years. HALF the cl... OVER half the class bullied me. Even the god damn TUTORS. By the end of the year, i was voted "Most likely to be distracted by a shiny object" after i had written a 7 chapter beginning to a novel... that i eventually scrapped because it was shit and i got permanent writers block.

And do you know what happened when i told the teacher about it. The teacher of the class that was supposed to be about learning to succeed and be nice and shit like that? JACK FUCKING SHIT.

So I'm gonna say what i said to some facebook group that i joined for a grand total of 30 seconds before i was banned. Yeah i was bullied, but i didn't commit suicide, and i didn't commit murder. I didn't cut. I got depressed for a while, but that was technically over stress. It's not the students' fault for bullying. It's not the bullied kid's fault. It's the fault of the GOD DAMN TEACHERS AND GUARDIANS FOR WHEN THE PARENTS ARE NOT AROUND.

Although now i gotta perfect response to anything. "At least i got a big dick!" Oh i loved taking that human sexuality class and reading in a government funded book that my dick is bigger than the country average.

Mar 5, 2011
Reading these posts I am rather horrified by what some of you put up with. It's surprising to how many never did anything to improve there situation.