What always manages to upset you, thickness of your skin be damned?

Sneaky Paladin

Jan 21, 2009
People who get offended when I say the word ******, I just hate how people think I hate gay people when I use the word because I have always thought words I say shouldn't hurt people THAT much unless I take action on them. This also includes people who hate swearing, I grew up cursing not because I feel "Cool" for it I just like to let off steam.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
1. People who refuse to listen. I can argue a valid point and rant for 10-15 min about a topic, giving mostly unbiased answers, suggesting compromises and alternatives and maintaining a calm temperament. And then the guy I'm talking to will go "shut up fag X is gay STFU" and walk off to
punch someone or molest a child. It's times like this where I have to use all my self-control to refrain from killing them and doing the world a favour. One day I'm not going to bother.

2. Atheists, or at least the whiny ones. Yes, there is no proof that God exists. There is also no proof that gravity exists. The existences of God and Gravity are theories designed to explain phenomena.
2b. People who use science as a way to "prove" God doesn't exist. For all we know, God created science.
2c. Preachy religious people who put God into everything. There are fictional universes where Christianity doesn't apply. Therefore people using magic in those fictional universe are not pagan heretic infidel blasphemers.

3. Boredom. If I don't have enough to do, I start introspecting and have mental breakdowns.

snowpuppy

Feb 18, 2011
religious zealots, individuals who abuse Australia's welfare system and people who pick on fat persons. quite simply, they piss me off. (like my synonyms?)

Athlonis

Sep 13, 2010
I think the thing that gets me the most these days is politics. I've actually stopped paying attention to the news because it makes me bloody depressed to hear how our politicians are screwing us, and having no real means to change anything.

Also: Rich idiots who don't acknowledge all the advantages they were given to get to their position...

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Naix99 said:
People who makes noise when eating.

/end thread
RRRAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHH!!!! Damn it, I didn't even remember that. Now that you mentioned it though, yeah that pisses me off more than anything else I can think of.

SillyBear

May 10, 2011
Tdc2182 said:
In all my years I never thought someone would get this up at arms over circumcision. How was that talking shit? Is someone here a Turtlehead?
No, I'm a female. But if your reaction is to call non-circumcised men names like "turtleheads" then I really don't think you're the best person to be talking about this.

Tdc2182 said:
Health benefits include:

snip
No, no, no. You said: "recommended". I am not debating about circumcision, I am debating the fact you call RIC recommended. Like I said, there is not one medical organisation on the planet Earth that recommends it.

So if those health benefits are really there, why does no official organisation and association recommend it anymore?

I'm sure you'll understand why I take the word of every paediactric, oncology, medical and health associating in the world over the word of you and someone who has written seven vague points on some internet webpage.

Actually, I'm not so sure you'll understand that. I'm studying medicine in university now, and I'm only a second year student - but I'll do my best to address the "benefits" you raised, and I'll do my best to make you understand why no official medical organisation on Earth takes them seriously.

Decrease in physical problems involving a tight foreskin
Undoubtedly, this is a direct solution to phimosis, or as your little web page put it, "tight foreskin". Phimosis actually effects around 0.5-1% of the male population.

Yep, best estimates put it around 1%. More people are diagnosed with appendicitis. More people are also diagnosed with tonsillitis. Removing the apendix, the tonsils, or the foreskin should only be done when problems occur. They should not be carried out preemptively. This is bad medicine, and bad common sense.

So, that point is completely null.

Lower incidence of inflammation of the head of the penis
This one literally made me laugh out loud. Inflammation alone should not be a reason to perform surgery on someone, unless it is pretty damn severe. Most cases of inflammation can be resolved quite easily and commonly without the use of a knife.

Even if it was a just reason, once again, this should be performed once the problem occurs.

The percentage of men who actually have to have circumcision surgery performed on their due to recurrent inflammation of the glands would be miniscule. Even smaller than those effected by phimosis (1%).

Reduced urinary tract infections.
Myth.

"20 out of of 100,157 (0.02%) circumcised boys got UTIs, compared with 88 out of 35,929 (0.244%) intact boys. If circumcising the 35,929 boys would have reduced the incidence from 0.244% to 0.02% (7 boys), the Number Needed to Treat is 35,929/(88-7) = 444 circumcisions to prevent one UTI."

So, if you think performing surgery on over four hundred new born babies is worth preventing one UTI, then I guess you have a point?

Interestingly, in 1999 the American Academy of Pediactrics ran a few studies and observations on the correlation between UTI and circumcision. They found a mix bag of evidence supporting both sides and reinforced the fact that they "...does not recommend routine neonatal circumcision."

So, yep, not worth it. Next?

Fewer problems with erections, especially at puberty.
This one made me laugh even harder. This is so poorly written and so vague, that I can't even address it. What are they takling about. "Fewer problems". What problems? How fewer? "With erections" Okay, what about the erections. Tight foreskin? Swollen glands? I've already refuted this.

This is where you get your medical advice from? Really? You listen to these people, but you ignore the recommendations of official medical organisations? May God have mercy on your soul.

Decrease in certain sexually transmitted infections (STIs) such as HIV, HPV, genital herpes, syphilis and other micro-organisms in men and their partner(s)
This one is another one that is incredibly wishy washy. Have a read of this page: http://www.circumstitions.com/STDs.html It goes into great detail about the reality of it, and cites several incredibly thorough investigations and what they actually found.

I'll take an extract for you, in case you don't want to read the whole thing:

" Of the 499 men studied, 201 (40.3%) had been circumcised by age 3 years. The circumcised and uncircumcised groups differed little in socioeconomic characteristics and sexual behavior. Overall, up to age 32 years, the incidence rates for all STIs were not statistically significantly different - 23.4 and 24.4 per 1000 person-years for the uncircumcised and circumcised men, respectively. This was not affected by adjusting for any of the socioeconomic or sexual behavior characteristics."

Almost complete elimination of invasive penile cancer.
http://www.cirp.org/library/disease/cancer/boczko/

"Almost" complete elimination? More like not even close. This little myth was invented by a man named Abraham Wolbarst in 1932. The link above includes sources from the Department of Urology, Montefiore Hospital and Medical Center, and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine that conclusively prove he was wrong.

Decrease in urological problems generally.
Once again, way too vague. This was not written by anyone who had any understanding of medicine whatsoever.

---

There you go. At the end of the day however, if you really had a point, you'd have official organisations backing you up. Instead all you have is wishy-washy, vague and outdated "evidence" that is refuted by thousands of organisations all over the world.

So, yes, you're talking shit. Routine infant circumcision is not recommended by any official medical organisation. Your claim that it is recommended is nonsense of the highest order.

NOTE: To anyone wishing to quote me with little pieces of evidence that are in support of pro-circumcision I'm well aware that there are studies that find little pieces of evidence that may hint at some serious health benefits of circumcision, but these studies are invariably too inconclusive for any real action to be taken. To this day no official national medical organisation from the UK, the USA, Australia and Europe recommends circumcision.

I will also not be responding to anyone any further on this. I've learnt my lesson with people on the internet. I've said what I've had to say, and I've made my point explicitly clear. Anyone who either misinterprets me or tries to start a debate should remember that I am refuting the claim that circumcision is recommended. It clearly is not recommended. If you are someone who is pro-circumcision, that's just great, and I am not offending you, nor am I suggesting you shouldn't have been circumcised. I would wager both you and your penis are lovely people.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
1. atheist - Stop boring us with your Charles dawin crap and let us has something to look forward to after we are dead you JERKS.

2. Non gamers insulting gamers - Seriously...whats your damn problem!

I have more but I dont want to get angry by thinking of this stuff...

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
People who don't know me calling me weak. Whenever this happens, I feel an incredibly strong urge to prove them wrong, by showing them what having your arms on the opposite side of the room is like.

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
People who hate what I like.

Seriously, the biggest things are people who slurp cereal (I'm looking at my current roommate), people who tell me that I should be more religious, musical bigots (people who hate the bands that I like), and people who make fun of my gamertag.

It's not so bad when someone calls my gamertag stupid, since I think "XxXGamertagXxX" looks dumb, but if they insinuate that my gamertag means that I'm bad at game A or B, they usually end up with a chainsaw bayonet in their back or a shotgun in their face.

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
I don't think there's anything that ALWAYS manages to upset me--hence why people think I have a really unpredictable temper. Something that produces a violent rage one day can produce a resigned "whatevs" the next. This isn't because it doesn't annoy me, it's just that I'm too tired to explode.

People being needy gets my goat pretty consistently, though.

Kyle Roberts

Feb 18, 2011
Well i have this sort of problem where i say "R" it sounds like "W".
I got used to it and in high school girls found it cute but unsurprisingly people are morons and i used to get bullied for it. They said
Red Rabbits Running through the Raining forest
("Wed wabbits wunning through the waining forest")
In the end i just want to say with a smug face I hope they like rabbits at are red.

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
People who say that the US is the greatest country on Earth. I'm not being discriminative (although I can be) but when they blindly say it as if everyone wants to go there, PLEASE, no one wants to go to residential US.

People who treat 'gay' as an insult.

People who think the US are the good guys.

Some of the world when 'commies are bad rar rar rar' and thus begin wars over it/accuse people of treason.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
The words "Idiot" "Retarded" "Stupid" "Dumbass" being thrown around as if the people using them are so much higher intelligence- wise that if anyone thinks of asking a question they just come out with one of those, and the most oobvius answer.

For christ's sake, if someone asks a question, they're asking it because they don't know, if they're doing something wrong, they probably don't know how to do it right in the first place, therefore they do it wrong.

Unless someone is blatantly hitting themselves in the face with a hammer or something rediculous along those lines, they shouldn't throw those words around

jobobob

Oct 17, 2008
Two things, My little pony, something about the fans of this show that love to shove it in your face that their ponies, just like with a lot of fanboys, it gets old.

Then you have the "religion is bullshit, I'm so mature for thinking so, I've never studied the origins of religion, but I can say that it's fake bullshit, and everyone who has a religion is a stupid slave to the corporations."

Pretty much people going too far in general I would say.

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
Kids being hurt.I don't like it, never will, and have been known to get quite protective of kids in dangerous situations.

An example is that I tackled a dad who I thought was kidnapping a kid - his daughter. Fortunately, he was very understanding.

Kyman102

Apr 16, 2009
Okay, people who know me will probably back me up on this. I'm one of the more even-tempered people they know. Very little gets me roused, I'm more inclined to shrug and change the subject with a smile.

But there are a very, VERY small number of things that get my temper roused. One of them is people claiming that Intelligent Design should be taught in a science class. That's the closest thing I got to seeing red in a general sense.

However, there was one other time where I got angry. Genuinely, cold fury, seething anger. Some jackasses had apparently harassed my girlfriend earlier in a day, and when she pointed them out, I literally wanted to deck one. Only her literally dragging me away stopped me, and she also had to talk me out of keying the bikes out of spite.

Tease me all you want, but you do NOT... FUCK... With my girlfriend. --

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
People who have to be right and one-up everything you say. I knew a guy in high school like that and I wanted to beat the crap out of him sometimes. And he always hung out with us, it's like we couldn't get away from him. He thought he knew everything and if given the chance would go on and on and on about stuff nobody cared about and usually wasn't relevant.

And even worse than that, people who don't use turn signals. ARGH! That's probably my biggest pet peeve of them all. I yell (even though they can't hear me) at every single one, every single time.

figday

Mar 22, 2011
People who doesn't understand nor accept personal preferences and opinions.
And egotistical pricks.