What are your 10/10 games

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Saints Row 2 to me, clannad the visual novel, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redem, Oblivion, Heavy Rain, God Of War 3, Fallout 3 (New Vages coulda been better), Fable 1 (Others suck), Assassin's Creed (ALL)......nuff said

CINN4M0N

Jan 31, 2010
Tanfastic said:
... Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask......... and the masks in LoZ:MM Really made for an interesting way to do things in game instead of same ol' Link.) These games are all great, i'd suggest playing them if you haven't.
Ocarina of time is always referenced and quoted as one of the greatest games of all time but I think I liked Majora's Mask better myself. You're the only other person I know of who thinks the same as me, but it truly was better. There are waaay more side things to do, (there's all the ususal: the big quiver, the big bomb bag etc, plus one for each mask), the teleportation system is improved a hundred times over, and morphing into a goron or a zora never gets old. Deku, less so.

Plus it's a break from rescuing Zelda from Ganon.

Giuglea

Dec 2, 2010
starcraft..portal..half life..diablo..neverwinter nights..heroes of might and magic 3..doom 2..syberia..god of war..mario..world of goo..these are the games that come close to perfect from different genres..and of course the only perfect game: TETRIS

GroovyV

Feb 23, 2011
I guess the ones that come closest to PERFECTION for me would be Psychonauts, and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

Xaositect

Mar 6, 2008
None, never whatsoever under any circumstances. Not even Baldurs Gate II.

10/10 is not a score to give games - its a bar that always raises just out of reach and the devs are always supposed to jump higher and higher. Its not about reaching 10/10, its about the improvement in jumping it creates.

Shame the actual industry doesnt share this view - games would be a lot better for it.

Now we just get paid for advertising banners called professional reviewers awarding shitty mediocre titles like ME2 and GTA4 10/10s because they aim for the lowest common denominators.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
The closest things to "perfect" games I've ever played were Half-Life 2: Episode 2 and Portal, though games I'd give a 10/10 to if I was reviewing them also include Half-Life 2 and Episode 1, Dead Space 2, and Call of Duty 4, because the flaws in those games are so minor and far-between.

JustOrdinary

Mar 13, 2011
All of my favorite games have MASSIVE faults to them in some form or the other

e.g Fallout 3 with its bugs, Grim Fandango with its god awful controls, Resident evil 2 with its campy atmosphere, laughable dialogue and otherwise stiff controls, and Curse of Monkey Island with its absurd puzzle logic and overindulgence in its own franchise.

I love them in spite of their faults, so the concept of a 'perfect' game doesn't really hold any meaning to me. If a game manages to be unique and entertaining enough in its own right, that's good enough for me.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
CINN4M0N said:
Tanfastic said:
... Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask......... and the masks in LoZ:MM Really made for an interesting way to do things in game instead of same ol' Link.) These games are all great, i'd suggest playing them if you haven't.
Ocarina of time is always referenced and quoted as one of the greatest games of all time but I think I liked Majora's Mask better myself. You're the only other person I know of who thinks the same as me, but it truly was better. There are waaay more side things to do, (there's all the ususal: the big quiver, the big bomb bag etc, plus one for each mask), the teleportation system is improved a hundred times over, and morphing into a goron or a zora never gets old. Deku, less so.

Plus it's a break from rescuing Zelda from Ganon.
You're not alone in recognizing Majora's Mask over Ocarina of Time. There's a few of us out there. The only reason MM doesn't get a 10 from me is that is starts off so well but drops off a bit in the 3/4 of the game. It comes through in the end though.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
10/10 being a game I wouldn't want to change at all, I can only think of one. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Is it my all-time favourite game? Probably not (top 5 maybe), but I'd still consider the closest-to-flawless game I've ever played. I wouldn't expect any change to have made it any better.

EDIT: Heh, above quoteables agree with me. Hell yeah, validation!

Speedwagon

Oct 3, 2010
Borderlands, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire(not Emerald), Ratchet and Clank series(minus the first one), and Kingdom Hearts 2.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I don't agree that a game has to be perfect in order to get a 10/10 rating. 100/100, okeay, I can see that, but 10/10 only going to flawless games is unreasonable. You wouldn't say that only a perfect game ought to get a 5/5, would you? This isn't that different.