What are your irrational fears?

BiscuitWheels

Jan 10, 2009
I hate bugs. I dunno why but they give me the cold collywobbles. Eesh..Hate them. Hate hate hate. If I had roaches, I wouldn't call an exterminator, I'd move. Seriously, I'd be too wigged out to sleep.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
That I will go bungiee jumping and the rope breaks in half.
Seriously, I've never jumped and don't know if I will (afraid of heights) but the thought scares the living dompooey out of me

BiscuitWheels

Jan 10, 2009
MrBenSampson said:
I had this weird fear when I was a kid that if I were to jump around outside at night, I'd fall up into space. I got over it around the age of 10, but the thought of gravity reversing still makes me uncomfortable.

One irrational fear that I have today is open curtains at night. It gives me the creeps, not being able to see out, but people/animals/mothman/sasquatch being able to see in.
I was scared of the moon when I was really young. I'd have dreams where it'd drag me up into space. Glad I'm not totally alone in that.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
medical needle,s.
Strangely enough I don't mind injections just the needles they use for blood tests.
not the needles themselves but the prospect of somebody sticking a needle in me and taking blood I even get a bit squeamish when I see it on TV....

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
ever since a bad experience a few months ago, i become slightly paranoid when offered baked goods.

i know it sounds insane, but ever since i read "a certain fiction" i fear being gutted like a fish if i eat the wrong pastry.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Zen Toombs said:
Binnsyboy said:
Zen Toombs said:
Well, I'll argue that this isn't so irrational, but still.

I am terrified of completely losing control of my body, like from Locked-in Syndrome [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locked-in_syndrome], sleep paralysis [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis], and the like [www.this_isn't_a_real_link.stuff]. That's why I'll never get into lucid dreaming: it increases risk of sleep paralysis, and the one time that happened to me was the scariest couple minutes of my life.
I want to get into lucid dreaming, but I probably shouldn't,, as I want to go into the Royal Marines.

Can you imagine, sleeping in a foxhole, suddenly I'm woken up because people are coming. We've been found. And I can't fucking move!
I hear that can be problematic. :p

Although if occasional sleep paralysis and the accompanying hallucinations don't bother you at a conceptual level, then you may want to try that out after serving. Also, thank you for your service, even though it isn't in my country.

[small]unless i've failed at military knowledge. the us of a doesn't have a royal marine corps, right?[/small]
Quite right. The Royal Marines are a multipurpose British commando unit. Not to be confused with the US Marine Corps.

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
Cockroaches, I can't stand them.
And I'm not arachnophobic but I can't fucking play Ocarina of Time due to Skullturas.

joonsk

Feb 26, 2011
Pinkie pie, and spiders. Those are my two main feares.

Did you know that there is a spider that crawls inside you're skin, lays eggs, and after a couple of days, a swarm of spiders will walk out of you're body. that's creepy.

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
In my opinion all fears are irrational. Rational fear is simpely acknowledging that something dangerous is dangerous. That is just common sense. To me fear causes you to thread something as a larger thread then rationally necessary.
My fears are mostly social. Letting myself and others down, causing others to think less of me, etc etc.

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
Foxglove, the plant that is.

I fear a static, immobile plant. It pisses me off, but it's fairly easy to avoid and only present in a few months each year.

I'm also rather shy and prefer not to talk to strange people.

lordofmidgets

Nov 3, 2010
have to say this thread is great for seeing really weird stuff. Like creepy spiders and squids, look like stuff for other planets.

I'm not too bothered about spiders or insects. Its heights for me, I'm fine flying and walking in tall buildings, it's things like balconies and bridges where I know its only supported by like small section. Also I can freak out on really small heights like 10 feet.

[EDIT] Giving blood. I gave blood once for an examination, my arm turned blue, it scared the living crap out of me and all the nurse said was like "oh that happens" THAT IS NOT MEANT TO HAPPEN!!!!

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
http://img.karaoke-lyrics.net/img/artists/35955/onision-254438.jpg

Onision. The face and his defective failed abortion of a personality make a combo that freaks me the fuck out.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
sky14kemea said:
Jedamethis said:
sky14kemea said:
I'm paranoid that someone is always watching me, especially at night when I'm trying to sleep....
Don't sleep so provocatively then. :p
It's not my fault! I learnt how to sleep by watching movies D:
Deary me, shouldn't have been watching those sorts of movies at such a young age. ;D

johnzaku

Jun 16, 2009
I do not like being tied up. Like, at all.

It's called merinthophobia. It really sucks how I found out too.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Mirrors. I'll deliberately position my bed so I don't have to look at them. I always think I'll see something inside of it. :(

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
Just_A_Glitch said:
This ************.

Seriously, I'm terrified of squid. They're the spiders of the sea, except they're huge and will drown you for the hell of it. I'm just glad I don't live near an ocean.

I mean, look at it!

You know what that reminds me of?
This

Mine is Goblin sharks, there is literally a 0.2% chance of me ever actually meeting one but fuck.
LOOK AT THIS BASTARD

it gets worse! YOu know in Alien when the aliens jaw had a smaller jaw that shoots out its face? This bastards mouth does that!
Yeah... They're straight out of War of the Worlds. It only helps the theory that everything in the water is evil (like the Goblin shark).

AlAaraaf74 said:
Just_A_Glitch said:
This ************.

I mean, look at it!

1. Ew, why does it have elbows? I think squid are cool, and they're one of my favorite animals, but that thing isn't of this earth.
It has elbows because its the demon spawn of Satan.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Spiders.
Becuase OF Lightning Deleights picture.
But its ok to be afraid of spiders....
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/03/spiders-are-scary-its-okay-to-be-afraid.html