What conspiracy theories do YOU believe?

Xangba

Apr 6, 2005
I think there's more to JFK assassination than "It was Oswald." Not really a conspiracy guy and I don't buy into any specific thing with that one, but I don't think that's all there is to it.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Bioware wanted to charge for mass effect 3 ending as DLC but since they could have never get away with it they found a way fans demanded it.

Jiffex

Dec 11, 2011
spartan231490 said:
As for the stupidest theory I've ever heard: truthism.com
read it. I dare you. You actually should it's the funniest thing i've ever read.
Before I saw the statue, I thought the morphing picture went from drawing to a black and white screen-cap of an Argonian.

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
Hunter65416 said:
None for me really, There are some that are completly ridiculous like the US govournment setting up 9/11 which quite alot of people do believe but I just think theres no way they'd do it because if it was uncovered EVERYONE worldwide would be pissed, People in charge would be executed or inprisoned and the UN would take charge, It just wouldnt be worth doing that just to increse favour on the war, But if someone disagrees - tell me why

Theres a theory ive read up on about elvis being alive..maybe..but probably not

The stupidest one I can think of is the 'Paul is dead' one about the beatles covering up pauls death to save the public grief

What conspiracy theories do you believe - if any? and why?

EDIT: The one theory I do 100% agree with is the theory..no.. the fact that the big industries in the US (logging/paper/clothing/tabbaco/alcohol/ect) were behind making cannabis and hemp illegal.

Now that I think of it, The theory that the monarchy was responsible for dianas death springs to mind but thats also a 'ehm possibly'

And Ive changed my mind, The dumbest one I can think of is that some people believe that the holocaust never existed..I mean..come on..
The hemp thing isn't a theory, it's known fact. My state used to be the king of hemp, and it was poised to replace wood pulp for newsprint, then the guy who just happened to have a large amount invested in the wood industry began a campaign to make hemp illegal.

I believe that there was more than 1 shooter in the Kennedy assassination. That's the only one I can think of.

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
I don't believe in any conspiracy theories that I can think of off the top of my head. There are some things that don't track, but that doesn't mean there is a conspiracy. More likely incompetence.

In any case, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDBxlOfJnoQ

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
I'd say I believe that the US was behind the WTC attack. Just because it's a lesson learned from Germany (one of Hitlers advisors was quoted as saying "people will not believe a small lie, but they will believe a big lie". That was in regards to Hitler telling the Germans that they were going to be attacked so they went to war first.) Also because it's a chain of events that makes a lot of sense. The US tried to make other countries throw the first punch; Russia (sinking their submarine), Japan ("accidently" killing a boatload of school children), Korea (well just insults really). Before they figured out it'd be more convincing if someone attacked them (Oklahoma State Building). Oh wait before someone attacked them, that couldn't be proved to be a local patsy, or at least wouldn't admit to doing it, and make them have to think of something bigger... As a chain of events it's not even far-fetched. What is far-fetched is that Americans honestly believe that the "bad guys" are stupid enough to go; bombs, bombs, bombs, bombs, bombs, planes (oh hey that worked!), bombs, bombs, bombs, bombs...

But anyways...

I don't believe that Elvis is alive.

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
Nimzabaat said:
I'd say I believe that the US was behind the WTC attack. Just because it's a lesson learned from Germany (one of Hitlers advisors was quoted as saying "people will not believe a small lie, but they will believe a big lie". That was in regards to Hitler telling the Germans that they were going to be attacked so they went to war first.) Also because it's a chain of events that makes a lot of sense. The US tried to make other countries throw the first punch; Russia (sinking their submarine), Japan ("accidently" killing a boatload of school children), Korea (well just insults really). Before they figured out it'd be more convincing if someone attacked them (Oklahoma State Building). Oh wait before someone attacked them, that couldn't be proved to be a local patsy, or at least wouldn't admit to doing it, and make them have to think of something bigger... As a chain of events it's not even far-fetched. What is far-fetched is that Americans honestly believe that the "bad guys" are stupid enough to go; bombs, bombs, bombs, bombs, bombs, planes (oh hey that worked!), bombs, bombs, bombs, bombs...

But anyways...

I don't believe that Elvis is alive.
I don't relly get your chain of events above. Why did the US want someone to throw the first punch? What did the US gain from it? What is the motive?

shimyia

Oct 1, 2010
I belive the riots of 7th of april 2009 in Republic of Moldova (my country) were provoked by the comunist party. It happened right after the exposing of their frauds of the votes in that electoral year for the sake of getting the masses on the streets and cause the violence in order to make the job more difficult for the current govenment and to get it to it's confused current state. All for the sake of getting their precious power back in the following years.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
DrOswald said:
I don't relly get your chain of events above. Why did the US want someone to throw the first punch? What did the US gain from it? What is the motive?
I'm definitely not on board with his theory, but the US government stands to have a lot to gain by 9/11. See: The boom in the military/industrial complex circa 2001-2008, the PATRIOT Act, etc.

There's a lot of money and influence consolidated into relatively few hands in wartime, and it's well within the realm of possibility for someone to want to engineer a war to further their own agenda or deepen their pockets.

That said, being able to do it without leaving any evidence and completely avoiding all public scrutiny of the act itself qualifies as an Act of God. It requires that everyone involved is committed to the cause, incorruptible, and perfect. Since it's not possible for any group of people to continually meet all 3 of those points, it's not possible for them to engineer such a thing. I don't doubt for a second that more than a few people want to, but it's just not realistic to be able to pull it off.

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
Agayek said:
DrOswald said:
I'm definitely not on board with his theory, but the US government stands to have a lot to gain by 9/11. See: The boom in the military/industrial complex circa 2001-2008, the PATRIOT Act, etc.

There's a lot of money and influence consolidated into relatively few hands in wartime, and it's well within the realm of possibility for someone to want to engineer a war to further their own agenda or deepen their pockets.

That said, being able to do it without leaving any evidence and completely avoiding all public scrutiny of the act itself qualifies as an Act of God. It requires that everyone involved is committed to the cause, incorruptible, and perfect. Since it's not possible for any group of people to continually meet all 3 of those points, it's not possible for them to engineer such a thing. I don't doubt for a second that more than a few people want to, but it's just not realistic to be able to pull it off.
Actually it's very possible. How much do people know about anything the SEAL teams do? If they're all "patriots" they'll carry that story (and many others) to their graves. The tech has been around since the 90's. If you've ever seen FX2, there's a life sized clown that is remote controlled by a guy in a suit. I read up on it in Popular Science and they just mentioned that it was an actual device used by the US Air Force to test pilot jet fighters from the ground. As there was a paramedics conference happening at the time, bringing something that looked like a hi-tech "Annie" doll onto an airplane wouldn't be conspicuous. Oh and conviently if you check out any close ups on the second airplane, there's a door open by the pilots cabin. So they had motive, ability and opportunity. That and it took forever to stage evidence against people on the planes, not to mention that the staged evidence was obviously staged. Who goes on a suicide mission and leave their van in long term parking, then leave an orgy of evidence in it? Okay I stop. Now.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Indocternation theory (lol Mass Effect 3)
Illuminates owning half of the united states business
and Templars.

Also, Aliens

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Nimzabaat said:
Actually it's very possible. How much do people know about anything the SEAL teams do? If they're all "patriots" they'll carry that story (and many others) to their graves. The tech has been around since the 90's. If you've ever seen FX2, there's a life sized clown that is remote controlled by a guy in a suit. I read up on it in Popular Science and they just mentioned that it was an actual device used by the US Air Force to test pilot jet fighters from the ground. As there was a paramedics conference happening at the time, bringing something that looked like a hi-tech "Annie" doll onto an airplane wouldn't be conspicuous. Oh and conviently if you check out any close ups on the second airplane, there's a door open by the pilots cabin. So they had motive, ability and opportunity. That and it took forever to stage evidence against people on the planes, not to mention that the staged evidence was obviously staged. Who goes on a suicide mission and leave their van in long term parking, then leave an orgy of evidence in it? Okay I stop. Now.
You're right in that the SEAL teams won't say a word. The rest of this is questionable at best.

First, why would the pilots of the plane go along with it? They'd be killing themselves and few hundred other innocent people for no appreciable benefit for anyone in their monkeysphere. If they weren't in on it, how'd the perps get their robot set up on the plane in a position to pilot it? Keep in mind this would also require the hijackers to be on the plane and killing themselves as well. Which also utterly defeats the point of having the robot in the first place. And before you say they jumped out, remember that that wouldn't stop anyone on the plane from rushing into the cockpit and removing the robot.

Second, what the hell does an open door in the pilot's cabin have to do with anything? You'll need to provide more context as to where/when/what you're talking about.

Finally, has it not occurred to you that the people actually flying the planes were the expendable ones? By virtue of that, we can safely conclude they weren't the sharpest tool in the shed. It's far more likely they were incompetent than the government was hyper-competent. Once you've had to deal with people more you'll quickly realize that the average person is a complete retard (and yes, this does apply to both you and myself). Whenever you're shown two possibilities, the one that requires someone to fuck something up is almost always the correct explanation.

Besides that, my point was never that it's not physically possible for people to hijack a couple of planes and slam them into a building. My point is that people are simply not competent enough to do it and leave absolutely no evidence. If the government was behind 9/11, we would know about it. Someone would blab, or the forensics teams would find the robot you mentioned, or any of a billion other things, and there would be concrete evidence for it. It's a simple fact that humans are not perfect, and as a consequence, they fuck up. Planning and executing an engineered 9/11, with absolutely no evidence leading back to them, means they executed it perfectly.

If you think such a large operation is capable of perfection.... well the only thing I can say to that is that I wish I lived in your fantasy world.

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
On the very slim chance that you're not a troll, here's how the scenario would run if I were told to plan it. Please bear in mind that we're talking about conspiracy theories. The theory I have run with just happens to match the facts. Also keep in mind that the plan did actually work. So saying that nobody could plan this thing perfectly is just silly.

Okay four guys per plane. Step one take control of the pilots cabin and barricade it (that happened). Install remote control device. Exit airplane (whether with the pilots own parachutes or with smugglers rigs). Remote pilot airplane into target. The amount of damage in the crash makes it impossible to determine if passengers were missing. It is worth noting that it was only 75% successful. The passengers broke into the pilots cabin on one plane and that plane immediately crashed. Whether it was already being remotely piloted of if that particular team died is impossible to determine (okat if that's how it went down i'm sure somebody knows). Anyways that's how I would have planned that operation if I was told to. It's actually really simple to execute.

Now. Done.

GmonXyZ

Mar 3, 2012
WTC building #7 was brought down with the consent of Larry Silverstein.

Oh.. wait..

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Nimzabaat said:
On the very slim chance that you're not a troll, here's how the scenario would run if I were told to plan it. Please bear in mind that we're talking about conspiracy theories. The theory I have run with just happens to match the facts. Also keep in mind that the plan did actually work. So saying that nobody could plan this thing perfectly is just silly.
Again, I never said they couldn't pull it off. I said they couldn't pull it off and leave no evidence of their involvement behind. Something, somewhere would slip up and reveal their hand. Anything else requires an absolutely perfect execution, which is just this side of impossible when you have more than 1-2 people involved.

Nimzabaat said:
Okay four guys per plane. Step one take control of the pilots cabin and barricade it (that happened). Install remote control device. Exit airplane (whether with the pilots own parachutes or with smugglers rigs). Remote pilot airplane into target. The amount of damage in the crash makes it impossible to determine if passengers were missing. It is worth noting that it was only 75% successful. The passengers broke into the pilots cabin on one plane and that plane immediately crashed. Whether it was already being remotely piloted of if that particular team died is impossible to determine (okat if that's how it went down i'm sure somebody knows). Anyways that's how I would have planned that operation if I was told to. It's actually really simple to execute.

Now. Done.
This explanation raises 2 questions you're not addressing:

1) Why did the passengers not break into the pilot's cabin after the attackers left the plane? There is no way to get out of a commercial aircraft from the pilot cabin, and so the passengers would know the attackers have left. Anyone with half a brain would then go into the cockpit and try to stop the plane from crashing, which would inevitably mean removing the remote control device.

The only other explanation is that at least one of the team stayed behind to pilot the plane, and there's not many people that suicidal.

2) Where's the wreckage of the remote control? It'd have to be large enough to actually manipulate the controls, and that means something would have been left when they investigated the Pentagon and Pennsylvania crashes, if not the WTC planes.

Basically what it comes down to is that you are convinced the government is both diabolical enough and competent enough to pull this off without any evidence of their involvement being left behind. You also have to realize that if there was a massive government conspiracy, anyone who ratted on them would be an immediate international celebrity on a scale I can barely imagine. Everyone in the first world would know their name, and that they revealed one of the most complicated, powerful and frankly terrifying organizations in modern memory. They'd be able to milk that for a gravy train for the rest of their lives.

The fact that no one has done so means either no one in the conspiracy is corrupt (which is unlikely since such a conspiracy is fueled entirely by corruption) or that it never happened

Occam's Razer means it's almost certainly the latter. The former is possible, but on roughly the same probabilistic level as a rabid baboon spontaneously clawing its way out of my ass.

mik1

Dec 7, 2009
I believe the brits had a hand in sinking the Lusitania.
If your not familiar with that. It was pretty much the reason the U.S. joined WW1

The U.S. was supplying Britain during the war and while sending boats over the Germans would of course sink them.
So the U.S. and Germany made a deal that they wouldn't sink a neutral ship carrying passengers.

We still wanted to supply the allies though.
So we would send boats flying a neutral flag and would have the top 3 decks be passengers and the bottom decks would have the supplies.

So the Lusitania appears to be a passenger ship flying a neutral flag. Of course it had ammunition on the bottom decks.
The captain of the Lusitania got a report of German U-boats in the area. When you are in U-Boat areas the captain is suppose to set a zig-zag course at a much higher speed. He did the opposite, went in a straight line and decreased speed.
*a fast zig-zaging ship is very hard to line a torpedo up on.

The Germans ( apparently on to our sneaky way of supplying allies ) shot a single torpedo at the Lusitania.
Survivors claim to have heard 3 explosions...

We have sent robots down to investigate it and know there was one torpedo that hit and the part that it hit should have been able to have compartments seal it off and the boat should have been able to limp into port.
Also the last thing the central powers wanted was for America to join the war.

The theory is the captain was a British spy who intentionally made the ship more vulnerable. Also there was another British spy who planted dynamite in certain areas of the ship that would guarantee the boat sinking.
Later news reports came out talking about how the Germans killed a boat full of American civilians. Needless to say, the people demanded war.

So when you hear yanks say "we saved your asses in two world wars!" just know that you forced us to do it the first time.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
That Iphones, as well as all other new age phones, are made to slip out of your hands. Why the fuck else would they be made to look and feel like a bar of soap.