What do you find attractive in the gender(s) you are attracted to?

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Suprisingly, I'm not attracted to females that are stereotypical girls. I know this seems obvious to a lot of nerdier guys, but seriously think about it. I'm looking for an un-girl-like girl :|

What I'm looking for is about an average looking girl or better. (This can vary easily because if I have feelings for someone I stop caring)
Similar intelligence, sense of humour, interests, and values.

Not very specific, but suprisingly too specific for any success in real life.

Devious Boomer

Nov 18, 2009
Whilst there are physical features that I am attracted to such as a slim (yet healthy) build or a confident look and smile, what I've learned is that it's all for nought if the person of interest is close-minded. What I look for now is someone who is...attractive enough to me and willing to at least give me a damn go, just to actually see what I'm about before passing me off.
I feel old saying this, but nowadays people are so awfully quick to judge based on almost no personal impressions!

robincb

Apr 23, 2008
beautiful face is imperative, intelligence is required or i'll get bored. beyond that i like nice and curvy, hourglassess if you will, but as long as she's an intelligent girl with a great face i'll probably fall for her unless she happens to be reaaaaallllyugly

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Eh, boring answer inbound, but I like the normal things in ladies I suppose. Cute or sexy face, proportionate body, though larger....assets are always welcome. A good sense of humor is a must, since I'm very rarely ever "serious". Hair color doesn't usually matter, though long hair is slightly preferred. Any interest in games/nerd stuff is certainly a bonus, but not needed.

I also have a thing for girls with tatoos. Don't ask why, I guess that rebellious nature implied by them is appealing to me.

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
For me, she would have to be tolerant of a lot of bullshit. We're talking legendary feats of mental fortitude to be able to stand next me without quickly turning to thoughts of gruesome murder.
Physically, a lady who appears to be healthy. Neither over nor under weight. There's the obvious that I won't go over, although I'm not too picky.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Hips and curves along with ample sized breasts and for my gender it would have to be slender waist and not too big on muscle.

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
A nice face, of course, and I do prefer long hair.

For some reason, most of the guys I have had crushes* on looked pale, like they were ghosts.

*Because I've never even touched a boy...*Cries*

Sandwichboy

Aug 25, 2010
Male or female, they've gotta be a geek and gotta be at least reasonably passionate about SOME aspect of gaming culture, be it console games, mobile games, board games, tabletop RPGs or PC games. Gaming in all its forms has always been such a big part of my life, it'd be...awkward trying to avoid that as a topic or shared activity with a partner. Also gotta have a good sense of humor and be reasonably well rounded in knowledge and interests.

Physically, with women: CURVES. I'm a card carrying mammophile, but large breasts on a skinny frame is kind of off-putting for me (not to mention fake 90% of the time.) Gimme curves and something to snuggle over the skinny model look any day. Also, I'm a sucker for good hair. Particularly long, particularly if it's red.

With guys...somewhat athletic but not hugely muscular, a little body hair is fine (not like, Robin Williams levels) but mostly it's about the face and eyes in particular. I have it on very good authority that I'm not alone in finding that magical balance of "scruffy but not TOO scruffy" us guys can pull off (casually disheveled, not homeless male prostitute) while still being totally presentable, very attractive. Y'know, that stuff that makes women glare at us in the morning when we look awesome in 10 minutes, while they're still putting their makeup on.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Beauty. Not being pretty or having a hot body, but being beautiful means that she'll catch my eye constantly, while just being herself.

Off Topic: COMMERCIALS IN CAPCHA? WHAT THE...!!

Moeez

May 28, 2009
TheHappySquid said:
A woman who's willing to go to massive length to take revenge.

Don't know why. Just some sort of weird fetish.

See: Medea, The Bride from Kill Bill, Robert Brownings 'The Laboratory' etc.
Haha, just watched Medea a week ago! But on you? If you find another girl, to hang your children?

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
The eyes, the smile, and the derriere.
I am all about "da ass", as I'm led to believe they say in "da ghetto".

And I tend to like them to be shorter than me, although it depends what kind of relationship I'm looking for.

silent_noir_67

May 31, 2011
For non physical stuff I'd say that they have be versed in what I'm interested in (like movies, books games etc) although I enjoy it when they can recommend (or force upon) me some new story game etc. I think they also need to be a nice person, generally happy (thats a bit of a broad presumption but not like a pessimist) and has a sense humour so i can tease her and make her laugh. As said above I find a girl attractive that I can be a couple with and be best friends as well.

For physical stuff I'd say that a cute face really makes it for me. She needs to be in shape (this might seem a bit shallow but i'm in shape too so I think the feeling would be mutual) and having TNA never hurts either :). Also if she dresses classy. I'm not interested in going out with girls that wear way to tight of shirts, short shorts that are shorter beyond short etc.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
Mainly the personality, but I'm not gonna say looks are completely unimportant. They're less important than the personality, but they can't be ignored either.

Physically, the face and the overall look (some people look better heavier, others lighter).

Aesthetical Quietus

Mar 4, 2009
There are of course multiple factors so I'll start with the most obvious one, physical.

A pretty face is very, very attractive to me. However, so long as she isn't ugly, she has my attention. That is the most important attribute to me of the physical, everything else is secondary. I prefer longer haired women with fair(ish) skin. I do prefer curvier women with a nice bust and ass, but it's not at all required. So long as she ain't a skeleton and she isn't going to crush me, I'm fine with her body. I prefer overweight to underweight, as weird as it sounds.

Her personality and so forth are by far the most important factors for me, I'd much rather have an average/ugly girl that I can talk to and engage with than a beautiful one that bores me. On that note, she needs to be relatively smart. I don't mind if she's smarter than me or dumber than me, so long as she's got some basic smarts. I'd prefer that she is opinionated but open minded. That is, she can form and has her own opinions on things but if we disagree she will be willing to change her mind, as I am willing to change mine. [Depending of course on the outcome of the discussion/debate and of course whether we agree significantly enough]. She needs to be sweet, I'm fine with taking flak when your emotional but if you are angry or upset all the time without rhyme or reason, I'm not interested. I always treat people with respect and act as nicely as I can towards them, I expect the same back and that's especially true of someone with whom I am thinking of dating. There are others, but I'm getting bored and no-one really wants to hear this and it's getting pretty long as it is.

Suffice to say, if she's moderately attractive and a nice enough/decent enough person, I'm interested. I'm not really interested in non-committal relationships so they have to be pretty bloody attractive for me to consider it, for me most of the attraction with the other gender has always lain in getting to know them and being with them.

[EDIT: On a side note, I sound so bloody egotistical and up-myself here. I don't like it but it's 7:00am and I haven't slept yet, so I can't be stuffed changing it. This is simply what I find most attractive and interesting.]

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Skin. Lack of skin is very unattractive.
wow, you're picky.

anyways: she should have a nice smile, be intelligent, realistic, aware of what happens around her, and she should have the ability/willingness to kick my ass when I deserve/need it instead of despereately trying to be nice and understanding. :D

gillebro

Nov 13, 2009
hmm... well on men, i kind of like... feminine-like features. That probably sounds really bi of me, but I like it when men have cute faces and shapely legs. I also like little imperfections... crooked teeth or weird eyebrows or other such things.

Appearance-wise I'm not that fussy, tbh. I kind of like everything, except for, maybe, excessive amounts of muscle. I like my men human-looking, y'know.

I suppose if I want to acknowledge the bicurious-ness in me, I like big eyes and long hair on girls.

Diddy_King

Jul 9, 2009
The girl I'm currently seeing is awesome. She's petite (about 5'0), short black hair, is a quarter Chinese, and is super sweet. She's like the ideal when it comes to my preference for looks.