what game got you into gaming

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
You'll see it to your left - Final Fantasy VIII. Which remains my favourite game to date. Yeeahh.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
The first two games I ever played were Pac-Man and Galaga. Galaga was my favorite, though.

Not sure which I played first. Probably Pac-Man. It was closer to the door.

Edit: Everyone in this thread makes me feel old.

zerobudgetgamer

Apr 5, 2011
I suppose Super Mario Bros. 3 was what really cemented my love of games, though Super Mario World was the first game I ever owned. Also, I would never have chosen to play RPGs as religiously as I do if not for FF7 & 8; yes, I have to have both because, while I WATCHED 7 before 8, I PLAYED 8 before 7.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Oh jeesh... it's been so long.
I remember being a little boy holding my mom's hand in the street and we walked by a pharmacy that had a Pac-Man console outside. I begged her to give me some money to play like the big boys. The whole experience must have lasted 10 seconds, but I loved it.

This was around 1981 and I have been gaming ever since.

(I have to admit that I really became a "gamer" when I got my Atari 2600)

Shadow Geo

Mar 24, 2011
Super Mario Land, Super Mario Bros. 2, Mario Kart 64... Nintendo pretty much got me into gaming. Bless their souls.

Bruenin

Nov 9, 2011
Baulders Gate Dark Allaince and The legend of zelda Ocarina of time... Love them both to this day

karkar

Mar 10, 2011
Super Smash Bros. for N64 is probably mostly responsible for my gaming habits now. However, Chrono Cross is the driving force behind my love for RPG's

brass munkey

The Milkman of Human Kindness
Jun 25, 2009
Banjo-Kazooie and Pokemon Red were the first two games that really got me into gaming.