What has the last game you played taught you?

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
Scott Pilgrim: the game taught me the importance of having friends I can rely on because I can't fucking get anywhere in that game on my own.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
The Darkness.

One gun is fun, but two guns are Wu-tastic?

Also, shooting the lights out of a room is not a waste of a bullet. (AKA, the Splinter Cell theory.)

Find.Me.Seashells.

Jan 25, 2011
Professor Layton taught me that tea is the answer to any puzzle. A few sips and your brain is refreshed enough to take the most difficult puzzles. He also taught me that a gentleman is patient and calm in any given situation.

If only the whole world could operate like this!

The Boy in the Hat

Sep 30, 2010
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts n' Bolts has, if anything, taught me that all evil can be overcome with puns and shoddy compartmental vehicle construction.

AudienceOfOne1

Oct 22, 2010
Demon's souls taught me that ever other person who has that game is an ASS.
Yes thank you mr black phantom on the swamp level.

Sheaphard117

Nov 5, 2009
Virtually every zombie game which features other survivors/civilians ever made
taught me these two very important lessions

1) You don't have to be faster than the zombies, just faster than the humans...

2) If everyone holds their ground, keeps firing, and fights 'tooth and nail' against the hord, a stand can be made! However if just ONE person runs, get the fudge away from there, 'cause that defence is gonna fall like a pack of cards!

(I mainly learned that one from the zombie mod on CS)

May 5, 2010
That Halo is awesome, thanks to Forge and insanely customizable game settings, which combine to form endless new maps and gametypes. Seriously, you guys are gonna call me out on this, but the sheer number of ways to play Halo is really only present elsewhere in games like LittleBigPlanet. It's pretty damn impressive.

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
Dead spacce 2 taught me that you should never be near Children.

Not that i needed another reason.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
Never clear out big fields of trees with a lighter.
Ever!

Also, if you shoot behind someone who's just ran around a corner, the bullets will curve around the corner and kill them, regardless of how far they've run behind cover and how long they've been there.
Thank you, Blops for PS3.

Baby Tea said:
This might be a little off topic, but when is there coming a new Mini-Cast on The Gamer's Corner? I want to listen to your fantastic voice again D:

do_the_manta_ray

Jan 20, 2011
Dead Space 2 has taught me that in space, it's a pretty common thing to get a needle in your eye (about every second main character, I mean, really?). And that all thoughts of suicide and self-destruction can be averted by a hot chick making an imprompto come-back.
(Fantastic game, though, and man, what an ENDING!)

Randomologist

Aug 6, 2008
Team Fortress 2: Sandvich makes me strong. Also makes you a dab hand at wiping out that Engineer hurriedly building a Sentry.

A Sense Of Decorum

Dec 21, 2010
MolotoK said:
There are plenty of things I've learned from playing TF2.

- Sandwiches heal bullet wounds
- Wearing the severed head of a bunny as a hat isn't weird at all and makes u appear very wealthy
- U can repair machines by hitting them repeatedly with a wrench
- Knifes made of steel don't make u bleed, but knifes made of wood do
The Tribalmans Shiv IS made of metal, it's just a dull brown, which does make it looks like wood.
I only assume the Shiv is the weapon of wood you were reffering to, no?

I learned these things from TF2 also:

- Being set on fire doesn't REALLY make you die very quickly and in intense pain, instead it simply makes you shout a variation of the phrase "I'm on fire" until you reach any large metal cupboard... And occasionally making you bob a bit as if you were suffering from a severe bout of hiccoughs.
- Getting shot with a high-powered compressed air dartgun doesn't kill you, it just covers you with urine and makes OTHER weapons hurt more.
- Shooting rockets at your own feet, contrary to popular belief, doesn't blow anything below your kneecaps to oblivion, instead it hurts you a little bit and sends you 50 feet into the air. Crouching also helps the height.
- Pipe bombs-onna-stick are a viable and totally reliable way of dispatching your enemies, and there's no chance of utterly obliterating the arm holding said explosive either.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
The risk demo (atleast) cheats like the woman who teaches you dualist in DA:O! (long winded metaphor FTW!)

Atleast 70% of the time I attacked somwhere, it rolled the exact same number as me, I rolled a 4 and it got a 4, I got a 6 so it got a 6 ... Still thrashed it though.