What has the last game you played taught you?

Rhope

Jan 29, 2009
Garry's Mod: Always have ample room when racing rockets. Revolving doors are not your friend.

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
Neverhoodian said:
Monday Night Combat:

When playing Assassin, never grapple kill a Support if he's got a Firebase nearby (unless you have a death wish).
Which brings me to my point!

In MNC, as Assasin, don't mess with the tank. Ever. You will lose.

I love MNC. Except for Assaults. They are the bane of all that exists!

Sarahcidal

Jun 1, 2009
doritos crash course.
taught me i require a new controller.
it randomly pulls to the left. constantly. It hasnt been an issue that I couldnt correct for in other games.. yet in this one, the issue causes me to continuously leap to my death.
so many expletives uttered.

DaOysterboy

Apr 4, 2010
Alpha Protocol: If I ever join a clandestine government intelligence agency, it would be good to have a friend or two in anti-American religious extremist groups, or the Russian mafia... just in case things don't work out with the job.

MadBlueWinnie

Dec 5, 2009
Being shot, and shooting people in the head does not kill them. But rather by repeatedly doing so, the head comes cleanly off.

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
Dragon Age: Origins

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
Persona 3: FES

Getting good grades in school will make you more popular with the ladies.

Zacharias91

Jan 10, 2011
Mass murder is completely justified if it leads to something you want.

Staring stupidly at a giant black wall that randomly appeared from nowhere is not a smart idea.

JamesCG

May 3, 2008
Mass Effect 2 has taught me, it doesn't matter if I've been thoroughly dead for two years, with my body exposed to the wonders of vacuum, not to mention plummeting to a planet's surface, my girlfriend will go to great lengths to get my body back, my tags back, and a part of my destroyed armor back, along with still wanting to continue our relationship.

The best aid for realtionship building is a collector attack.

warm slurm

Dec 10, 2010
Red Dead Redemption taught me to be careful riding your horse too fast, because you might just fall through the earth.

Cali0602

Aug 3, 2008
Mirror's Edge - Run! I don't know why respectable local authorities are shooting at you, but RUN!

That, and all damage that your body would sustain from a 20ft drop is easily negated by rolling. Now to find my RL roll button.

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
Half Life- Grenades are a great way to introduce yourself. If you're nervous about going into a room, ventilation duct, or crowded area, just throw Mr. Pineapple out there, and wait a second. Now that you've been introduced to the room, stroll in with confidence!

Also- yes, there is a headcrab there. There is always a fucking headcrab there. Doesn't matter where, there is a headcrab hiding SOMEWHERE. Even if there's no possible way for a headcrab to be hiding where you're talking about, the game will say "Oh well fuck you then" and teleport one in mid-leap to bite you out of nowhere.

Also- the "Barneys" don't really understand the concept of "friendly fire". If you're in the way of them and what they want dead, well then sucks to be you.

Also- Noclipping through the first section of the game is actually slower than straight-up taking the tram. The tram can move faster than you can noclip.

And... that's about it. I'm playing through it a fourth time, just to make sure I did everything I could.

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
ME2: Don't punch Krogan with shotguns. Also I'm not fireproof, so standing in front of flamethrowers hurt...

MetalGenocide

Dec 2, 2009
Never bring a knife into a gunfight. Bring an bigass lightning powered hammer instead.
If something absolutely, positively needs to get raeped, put a thunder hammer on the commander and send him charging.
Build Tarcus melee. Though, he owns with every setup. Best squad ever.
Shotguns do not suck on Cyris. But bolters are pointless.
It's ok to use weapons, other than heavy bolters on Avitus.
Thaddeus sucks hard. He really does. Never use him.
The rest are unnecessary.