What have you purchased recently?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I'm vaguely aware of an abrupt/anticlimactic/wtf ending, but that's about it.
Well, "anticlimactic" is largely subjective; don't go in with negative expectations. The ending caps an entire "wtf" journey that leaves so much to the imagination, a player can think about the game for days, weeks and MONTHS after completing the game which more than I can say about 99% of games I've played (and even enjoyed.) Take the game on the whole; it's more a cerebral experience than something so simple as "toy."

Edit: think of it more as a world you're glimpsing and less a story you're following, i.e.: you won't know what's going on, but morbidly piqued curiosity is sometimes as satisfying as a satisfactory understanding.

Reactions: Trunkage

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Well, "anticlimactic" is largely subjective; don't go in with negative expectations. The ending caps an entire "wtf" journey that leaves so much to the imagination, a player can think about the game for days, weeks and MONTHS after completing the game which more than I can say about 99% of games I've played (and even enjoyed.) Take the game on the whole; it's more a cerebral experience than something so simple as "toy."

Edit: think of it more as a world you're glimpsing and less a story you're following, i.e.: you won't know what's going on, but morbidly piqued curiosity is sometimes as satisfying as a satisfactory understanding.
Also there is the narratively-important secret ending, which fortunately the game provides a fairly convenient and simple way to achieve after finishing the main one. *Waggley eyebrows*

Last edited:
Reactions: Xprimentyl

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Neat. Got me one of those too last week. Depending on what you plan on doing a 5900 might be a bit better, but for gaming a 5800 should still last through current gen. And yeh, I'm in the same boat gpu-wise except mine is a 980ti, so even older. No clue what the going rate right now is tho.
I have a GTX 980 in my old PC. Bought it like 5 years ago for $500, and it's currently selling on newegg for...$750.

Fuck this market.

I keep my old gaming PC at my parents' house so that I have something to use when I go visit them. At these prices though I might have to sell the computer and buy a current gen laptop for gaming on the go instead.

Or maybe one of those new fangled handheld gaming PCs:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I ordered these DVDS and they are being delivered on Tuesday.

Games I bought: Batman - Return to Arkham (PS4). Comes with Asylum and City. Ninja Saviors (PS4 physical) I ordered on Amazon as well.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
A murder mystery book! "The Sanatorium", by Sarah Pearse. Easter approaches, and crime-based literature has somehow become an easter tradition in Norway.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Its my birthday coming up soon, so my girlfriend contributed significantly towards a new desk chair, and I paid for the rest.

I've been using a blue/black/white DXRacer chair that I bought with my first ever significant paycheck back in 2015, but it has definitely seen better days, and I have come to realise that it isn't particularly well built. I have also since moved on from the loud, colourful GAMER aesthetic.

6395_2 (2).jpg

I've been hearing a lot of great stuff from Secretlab, and their chairs came strongly recommended from a friend of mine, so I went for their large model, in grey fabric.

turntable_2020_TT_sw_cookies_and_cream_2-min.jpg

That should arrive, fingers crossed, in time for my birthday in April.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Its my birthday coming up soon, so my girlfriend contributed significantly towards a new desk chair, and I paid for the rest.

I've been using a blue/black/white DXRacer chair that I bought with my first ever significant paycheck back in 2015, but it has definitely seen better days, and I have come to realise that it isn't particularly well built. I have also since moved on from the loud, colourful GAMER aesthetic.

View attachment 3467

I've been hearing a lot of great stuff from Secretlab, and their chairs came strongly recommended from a friend of mine, so I went for their large model, in grey fabric.

View attachment 3466

That should arrive, fingers crossed, in time for my birthday in April.
I'm not a big fan of the racing style chairs. I honestly think you're better off with a standard office chair unless you care about the aesthetics more than about general comfort and back support. Basically all of the racing chairs are the same and come from the same couple of factories in China and just get different colors/branding. Gamers Nexus did a great video about it.

Pomi

Mar 22, 2021
Country
Polska
Full Metal Jacket. Best Buy and Amazon were selling it for 9.99 yesterday. It's already here. I'm so used to slow shipping, because I always try to add enough to my cart for free shipping, that I didn't expect it until at least tomorrow. I just couldn't think of what else to add to my cart this time and didn't want to miss out on the discount.

My Kubrick Ultra HD collection now:

Dr. Strangelove
The Shining
Full Metal Jacket

I want Barry Lyndon next, but that one's wishful thinking. Most people don't even know it exists. Will order Spartacus when I see a good discount.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Full Metal Jacket. Best Buy and Amazon were selling it for 9.99 yesterday. It's already here. I'm so used to slow shipping, because I always try to add enough to my cart for free shipping, that I didn't expect it until at least tomorrow. I just couldn't think of what else to add to my cart this time and didn't want to miss out on the discount.

Dr. Strangelove
The Shining
Full Metal Jacket

I want Barry Lyndon next, but that one's wishful thinking. Most people don't even know it exists. Will order Spartacus when I see a good discount.

Dr. Strangelove
The Shining
Full Metal Jacket

Wow, what a remarkable similarity in taste. I think you two might be twins!

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
So, with my influx of tax and stimulus money, I did a little splurging and got a couple of things I had my eyes on for a while;

A Nintendo Switch, along with a handful of games (BoTW, Stardew Valley, Sonic Mania, 3D All Stars, and the remastered Hot Pursuit).

But more importantly, I got something I had been dreaming about for a few years now, a brand new mattress. My old one was an extremely cheap and rather stiff mattress I had got after my previous mattress was a casualty of my first apartment's bed bug infestation, and I just never had the money to get a nicer one until now.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Kae

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I was roaming around what I guess you'd call a flea market and I found Resident Evil Dead Aim and Dragon Quest VIII, I've heard DQVIII is good so I bought it but I've got to admit I'm much more excited to try RE Dead Aim because I've heard it's garbage and it looks really bad, I think I like bad games.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
My gf got me a drone for my bday and I promptly crashed it like 7 times and got it stuck at the top of a tall tree. But, I did get it out.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
My gf got me a drone for my bday and I promptly crashed it like 7 times and got it stuck at the top of a tall tree. But, I did get it out.
That reminds me of my first and only interaction with an entitled Karen in the wild.

I was walking my dog at the park across the street from my house and there was a woman with her kids there and one of the kids had a remote controlled airplane or something and got it stuck in a tree. After a few minutes of trying to get it down themselves she came up to me (a tall and relatively athletic person) and asked me to climb the tree to get her kid's toy down. When I refused because I'm not breaking my neck for some random people I don't even know and their $20 toy she blew up at me, told me I was a terrible person and that I was upsetting her child. I told her that if her kid wanted the toy so bad he could climb the tree himself, the branches were more likely to support his weight.

Honestly, I could have done it and it wouldn't have even been that difficult, I just didn't trust them to hold my dog for the 10 minutes it would have taken.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
That reminds me of my first and only interaction with an entitled Karen in the wild.

I was walking my dog at the park across the street from my house and there was a woman with her kids there and one of the kids had a remote controlled airplane or something and got it stuck in a tree. After a few minutes of trying to get it down themselves she came up to me (a tall and relatively athletic person) and asked me to climb the tree to get her kid's toy down. When I refused because I'm not breaking my neck for some random people I don't even know and their $20 toy she blew up at me, told me I was a terrible person and that I was upsetting her child. I told her that if her kid wanted the toy so bad he could climb the tree himself, the branches were more likely to support his weight.

Honestly, I could have done it and it wouldn't have even been that difficult, I just didn't trust them to hold my dog for the 10 minutes it would have taken.
My first instinct was to try climbing the tree since I used to climb trees all the time. Ended up making like a 35-40 foot pole and being able to poke it out, after like an hour of trying.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Super Mario 3D World+Bowser's Fury on Switch. Some Mexican food for lunch. I got Thumper and Rez Infinite for free on PSN.

Reactions: gorfias