What have you purchased recently?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
$12 for a car racing Humblebundle. It is going to take forever to download these things! 1st world problems.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I went towards two Best Buys. One location I got Puyo Puyo Tetris 1 & 2 (Switch), and the other one I got Super Mario 3D Allstars (I caved in) and Panzer Dragoon Remake (yes, I got the physical, Limited Run copy on Switch). For some reason, the BB that is further away from me has more the indie, AA, and obscure games. I have no complaints.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Depressing buy:

My dog has cancer and started having trouble walking on tuesday. I bought her a harness to support her hind legs on walks. It arrived yesterday. My dog died this morning. Didn't even get to take the harness out of the packaging.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
:(

It sucks when a pet dies or passes away. I remember when our dog died when I was about 6 years old. I still miss him. I know my parents are getting a new dog in May. Sorry about that. If you need any space, I will let you be.

Last edited:

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Depressing buy:

My dog has cancer and started having trouble walking on tuesday. I bought her a harness to support her hind legs on walks. It arrived yesterday. My dog died this morning. Didn't even get to take the harness out of the packaging.
Oh man.

I moved out of my parent's house on the 20th September, 2019.

On the 19th of September, my parents revealed to me that our dog had been having what they assumed to be strokes, and they were getting worse. That morning, she couldn't even stand up. We took her to the vet, to explore our options.

We made the difficult decision to put her to sleep.

The next day, we all drove for 3 hours to my new house, moved me in, and when everyone left, I basically just cried myself to sleep, because on the day, I was too busy packing, to really have the time to process it. Did the same thing for the rest of the week.

I knew I would be saying goodbye to her, but I never assumed it would be like that.

I don't know what you experience with loss is, but I just look back at the happy times. I loved that dog, and I know she loved us.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I went towards two Best Buys. One location I got Puyo Puyo Tetris 1 & 2 (Switch), and the other one I got Super Mario 3D Allstars (I caved in) and Panzer Dragoon Remake (yes, I got the physical, Limited Run copy on Switch). For some reason, the BB that is further away from me has more the indie, AA, and obscure games. I have no complaints.

Reminds me of driving all over town looking for MK: Shaolin Monks back in the day. I had recently moved and so was unfamiliar with how to get around, but eventually found a Best Buy that apparently had the only copy left out of any of them. It was the most effort I’d ever put into acquiring a game, but it made it so much more sweet to finally play it that Friday night. Yes, it was dark by the time I got home and I left shortly after work.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reminds me of driving all over town looking for MK: Shaolin Monks back in the day. I had recently moved and so was unfamiliar with how to get around, but eventually found a Best Buy that apparently had the only copy left out of any of them. It was the most effort I’d ever put into acquiring a game, but it made it so much more sweet to finally play it that Friday night. Yes, it was dark by the time I got home and I left shortly after work.
I should mention the BB further away from me was not that far. The closest one to me is a 10 minute drive, and the second closest location is 15-18 minutes depending on traffic conditions. Considering it's Easter weekend, there were a lot of cars out.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Nothing for me for the past few days, but I did end up helping my parents buy ETFs/Index Funds for their retirement. I spread it out over 4 companies Invesco, Vanguard, BlackRock/Ishares, and State Street Global Advisors. I modeled it based on my investments in Acorn but didn't buy any international stocks. I brought ETFs to large companies, Great Mid, and smaller companies. Also brought 2 small ETFs in finance and tech.

The ETFs are mostly pegged to the S&P 500, and so fore. And a whole bunch of indexes like the Russell 2000, and 1000.

Edit: Oh, and JP Morgan Chase's low-cost ETFs.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Speaking of Shaolin Monks, I got the game for free on PS2. We were cleaning out an apartment unit and there were two games. Both in perfect condition with case, manual, and everything. The other game was Soul Calibur 3.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
$15 Humble Bundle VR I got mostly for Star Trek, which is meh. But 8 games for $15? It cost me $2ish? And the rest of the games look interesting. I look forward to playing Borderlands VR

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Depressing buy:

Damn I’m sorry to hear that. Pet deaths are tough. We ended up taking a cat in off the street, at the GF’s persuasion. Couldn’t really care less about them and until he grew on me. So chill and would just plop right on my chest purring when I’m reading in bed or whatnot. I think he had a calming effect on my nerves.

Anyways, fast forward years later, we find out he’s got some tumor pressing against his lung, by his heart. Basically there was nothing we could do accept keep him comfortable, and we even had it drained and a sample taken to confirm what it was. He didn’t last a month since we found out, which was basically on New Year’s Day a few years ago.

We brought him in to be put to sleep, and he apparently ended up having a heart attack from the stress of being prepped for that procedure. They called us in just in time to see his last couple breaths. At least they had the heart to not charge us for it.

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
So chill and would just poop right on my chest purring when I’m reading in bed or whatnot. I think he had a calming effect on my nerves.
That wouldn't have a calming effect on me, it would do the opposite.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
A Dreamcast with no games, I'm not sure why but in my defence it was fairly cheap and it has two controllers and one VMU.