What have you purchased recently?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A Dreamcast with no games, I'm not sure why but in my defence it was fairly cheap and it has two controllers and one VMU.
Better nothing. I suggest you start checking Amazon or Ebay, if you don't have any small second hand gaming store near you or black market.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
A local Gamestop near me is about to go out of business so I brought a bunch of games including persona 5 strikers at a large discount. Bummer since it's very close to where I live but may as well take advantage of it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I grabbed the Age of Empires Definitive edition collection since I also just paid my taxes and wanted to.

Reactions: gorfias

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Better nothing. I suggest you start checking Amazon or Ebay, if you don't have any small second hand gaming store near you or black market.
Yeah, it's what I'm going to do, but I've never done that kind of game purchasing because second had games are pretty ubiquitous around here, just not for Dreamcast for whatever reason, like it's easier to find SNES and NES stuff than Dreamcast, so yeah that's the plan for the moment.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I've been planning to buy a sports mask, as I enjoy exercising outside, but apparently none of them are actually rated for protection against Covid. Which seems misleading as fuck.

I know that cloth masks in general offer some protection, but shit if I'm going to be spending literally 100x the price of a surgical mask, I want it to offer some above average protection.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I bought a new lens for my Gameboy Advance. I didn't even know it was separate from the screen until I went looking on Ebay for a new battery cover and saw that you could buy a battery cover, a lens, and a screen protector for around $10. It looks amazing now! My old one was all scratched and covered with this scratch repair coating for eyeglasses. I was stunned to see how clear everything looks through the new lens. It might even look better than new, since the one I got is glass and the original was plastic.

The battery cover isn't an exact color match though, and they sent 2 and one broke after I removed it twice, but oh well. I'm too ecstatic about being able to actually see what's going on to care about a battery cover.

Reactions: Kae

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Yeah, it's what I'm going to do, but I've never done that kind of game purchasing because second had games are pretty ubiquitous around here, just not for Dreamcast for whatever reason, like it's easier to find SNES and NES stuff than Dreamcast, so yeah that's the plan for the moment.
Does the Dreamcast have copy protection? I found a reddit thread saying that it doesn't.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Does the Dreamcast have copy protection? I found a reddit thread saying that it doesn't.
It doesn't, and I will not claim to be above piracy, so I'll probably play some Dreamcast games in that manner, particularly the absurdly expensive ones, but I would like to own original copies, after all if all I wanted was to play the games they're quite easy to emulate these days.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Night of the Living Dead with Werewolves. I've got to grab that edition at some point. Dog Soldiers makes pretty good live action Resident Evil that better than all of them. Irony.
I'm both sad that that never got a sequel and happy it didn't get run into the fucking ground like many horror franchises do(Speaking of the RE movies....)

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
It doesn't, and I will not claim to be above piracy, so I'll probably play some Dreamcast games in that manner, particularly the absurdly expensive ones, but I would like to own original copies, after all if all I wanted was to play the games they're quite easy to emulate these days.
Well, emulators aren't perfect, sometimes it's just best to play on the original hardware. N64 emulation is kind of hit and miss I've found.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well, emulators aren't perfect, sometimes it's just best to play on the original hardware. N64 emulation is kind of hit and miss I've found.
True enough, though I've heard Dreamcast emulation is pretty good, that being said playing on an actual Dreamcast does have all those weird VMU mini-games so in this case it's probably best to play on the console to experience that.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I've been planning to buy a sports mask, as I enjoy exercising outside, but apparently none of them are actually rated for protection against Covid. Which seems misleading as fuck.

I know that cloth masks in general offer some protection, but shit if I'm going to be spending literally 100x the price of a surgical mask, I want it to offer some above average protection.
Just go with a cloth bandana. They're cheap, and you can dress up (a little) like a cowboy.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Lost Odyssey for Xbox 360 because I've heard it's really good and a lot of medicine because I'm sick.

Hadn't touched the 360 in a really long time forgot how big and heavy it is compared to the other consoles I have.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Picked up Battlefield V on Steam for $13, mostly because it's cheap and Battlefield 1 was entertaining. So I figured, "Why not?"

Also picked up Prey for the Gods on sale, because it's been on my Wishlist forever, it's apparently a good spiritual sequel to Shadow of the Colossus and at this point why the hell not? It's not like there are a bunch of other SOTC-like game competing for my attention(I am honestly kind of curious why nobody else has really tried, since SOTC is honestly more approachable then Souls-likes are and that's an entire genre at this point).

Reactions: gorfias

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Picked up Battlefield V on Steam for $13, mostly because it's cheap and Battlefield 1 was entertaining. So I figured, "Why not?"

Also picked up Prey for the Gods on sale, because it's been on my Wishlist forever, it's apparently a good spiritual sequel to Shadow of the Colossus and at this point why the hell not? It's not like there are a bunch of other SOTC-like game competing for my attention(I am honestly kind of curious why nobody else has really tried, since SOTC is honestly more approachable then Souls-likes are and that's an entire genre at this point).
There's an indie game published by Devolver Digital called Titan Souls that is very much in the spirit of SotC. You should check it out.

Reactions: Dalisclock

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I'm both sad that that never got a sequel and happy it didn't get run into the fucking ground like many horror franchises do(Speaking of the RE movies....)
Apparently, Neil Marshall and Kevin McKidd have started making noise about a sequel recently. It was on hold for a while because Neil Marshall wasn't really interested at the time, and no one wanted to do one without him.

OT: Just got a "Loot Fright" crate. Basically, it's a mystery box you can buy on Loot Crate, which is a website, and it comes with random paraphernalia. In this case, I got:

A t-shirt inspired by An American Werewolf in London

An evil bunny figurine

A silver bullet whiskey chiller

A Little Red Riding Hood werewolf pin

And a pic of the T-shirt

PXL_20210418_002102082.jpg

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
There's an indie game published by Devolver Digital called Titan Souls that is very much in the spirit of SotC. You should check it out.
Heard of it, but apparently it had issues? I checked into it around the time it came out. Honestly I haven't heard anyone talk about it in like forever.

I might give it a 2nd look.

Last edited: