What is God's last name?

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
TK421 said:
I would venture to say maybe "Am." There is a point in the bible where He says that He is simply "I am."
Technically that passage is "I am who am", in response to Moses questioning the identity of the burning bush.

That said, there really isn't an English translation for what's actually said. If memory serves, the closest English has to the original Hebrew word is "everything". In essence, that passage is God telling Moses "I am all that is, has been and shall be". There's a whole bunch of connotation to it that simply doesn't come across in English, but that's the closest we're going to get.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
Agayek said:
TK421 said:
I would venture to say maybe "Am." There is a point in the bible where He says that He is simply "I am."
Technically that passage is "I am who am", in response to Moses questioning the identity of the burning bush.

That said, there really isn't an English translation for what's actually said. If memory serves, the closest English has to the original Hebrew word is "everything". In essence, that passage is God telling Moses "I am all that is, has been and shall be". There's a whole bunch of connotation to it that simply doesn't come across in English, but that's the closest we're going to get.
I WAS SENT BY HE WHO IS CALLED "I AM"!
Cute.
Worked for Moses.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Owen Robertson said:
I WAS SENT BY HE WHO IS CALLED "I AM"!
Cute.
Worked for Moses.
Meh, same thing applies, English doesn't have proper words to translate it properly :p

F4LL3N

May 2, 2011
First he was "Lonelyway"

Seeking comfort, he created man, thus, "Creatorway"

but after realizing this is not the right path for him, he dicided to become a hairdresser, thus he became "Barberway" and it was great.

Being still in his adolesent years; angry at mom and dad, he left home and soon became "Jammingway"

But after kissing one too many girls, he contracted AIDs, thus becoming "Herpesway" and it was great.

One eventful evening, man created 'science', thus becoming "Redundantway" and it was not great.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Did ancient Hebrew naming conventions even include having last names?

If they don't, where did "Christ" come in for Jesus Christ's name? No one ever refers to Mary and Joseph as Mr. and Mrs. Christ.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Bobic said:
Sometimes a person is so powerful, so important, so defining that they don't need a last name. We call this person Cher.

As for God, his last name is Godlington. And did you know his first name was actually Godfried, God is just his nickname.
The (thread) Creator approves of this comment. Do not forget about the mighty-one's nephew, Prince

I just happen to know that God's full name is God "skeeball" Morissette

vegetalss4

Feb 15, 2011
TheDrunkNinja said:
Did ancient Hebrew naming conventions even include having last names?

If they don't, where did "Christ" come in for Jesus Christ's name? No one ever refers to Mary and Joseph as Mr. and Mrs. Christ.
Christ is simply Greek for "the messiahs" it was a title not a name.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
It's Jingleheimer-Schmidt. I know this because his name is my name too.

Hazy992 said:
Rodriguez. I figured God would have an awesome last name an Rodriguez is about the most awesome name I can think of.
So you figured me out, did you?

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Abandon4093 said:
Now that is clearly the official patent plans for the Russian ushanka...