What is your favorite Quote?

Stevanchez

Apr 15, 2009
"I should prefer an army of sheep led by a lion, to an army of lions led by a sheep."
- Alexander the Great

and anything Tyler Durden says.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
"I am a monster truck who walks like a man!" makes me giggle all the time. But my favorite quote is, ?Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.?
-Oscar Wilde.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
"Cars are like potato chips. You can't eat just one."
Gary Busey, I'm With Busey

OutforEC

Professional Amateur
Jul 20, 2010
"Atheism is no more a religion than not collecting stamps is a hobby." - David Eller

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." - Thomas Jefferson

"In the mountains of truth you will never climb in vain." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I have many:
"Only 2 things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe."
- Albert Einstein

?As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.?
? Christopher Dawson

"I do not feel inclined to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to produce bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe strive to produce bigger and better idiots. So far the Universe is winning."

And few a little closer to home:

"You know what, a society where anyone can make jokes about anyone else and everyone laughs is a truly tolerant society. Political correctness charged censorship only serves to engender resentment and distance between social groups."
- Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

"Fans are clinging complaining dipshits who'll never ever be grateful for any concessions you make. The moment you shut out their shrill tremulous voices the happier you'll be for it."
- Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

Rudigher

Mar 11, 2009
"We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." - Anais Nin

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"To read a newspaper is to refrain from reading something worth while. The first discipline of education must therefore be to refuse resolutely to feed the mind with canned chatter." - Aleister Crowley

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." - George Carlin

Oct 2, 2010
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.
The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. " Grey-Matter

Grafin Drachen

Jun 20, 2010
"If at first you don't succeed, erase all evidence you ever tried."
"I'm sure this is some kind of sin, but how many commandments can we break in a day?"
"You only live once, might as well make the best of it."

Ones either I've heard, or come up with, but I use a fair bit.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not why ships are made"

that or

"You're not wrong, Walter. You're just an asshole.."
-Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski. (sums up my opinion on a lot of people)

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
Nick Stackware said:
"Hey, That's a pretty good point, let me think for minu- OH WAIT that's complete BULLSHIT."

Extra-large cookie for reference.

Edit: Also this:

soes757 said:
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."
-- Douglas Adams
Along with any mention of digital watches in The Guide.
Oh well if I had to guess I'd probably say it's from THE MAN IN MY AVATAR!

Specifically, 'Storm'.

Tim Minchin, I love you.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
My quotes...do not use them or death will be close for you!

'No Dice' the awesome 50's quote

'may as may as' if you have to do it, you may as do it'.

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
Mine would be either "Don't kiss an ass that's in the process of shitting on you" or "Don't focus on the one guy that hates you. You don't go to the park and set up your picnic next to the only pile of dog shit."

Thanks, Dad.

Also, from The Adventures of Baron Munchausen: "Reality? Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."

and anything that Patrick Stewart says in a stern voice.

caselj01

Jun 8, 2010
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Faela

Jan 3, 2011
I have so many quotes/lines/phrases that I love and adore and some I think are rather valid and of course, some that I say on an almost daily basis.

"Dont worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!" Charlie Schulz.

Being an Aussie I love that one hehehehee I love everything from Hitchhickers guide, it cracks me up.

"If you talk to God you're religious, if God talks to you, you're psychotic." I dont know who said it or where its from but think about it for a moment... its really rather accurate.

And I leave you with...."All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power."

La Barata

Apr 13, 2010
One of my favourites, definitely, is from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
"If you can't do it with one bullet, don't do it at all!"
It's fun to yell in online games ^^

shinigamisparda

Nov 21, 2009
Wow, we've got some damn good ones here. Allow me to add a few, both funny and meaningful:

"The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure time to wonder whether you're happy or not." George Bernard Shaw

"Tomorrow is always the busiest day of the week." Jonathan Lazear

"Any man can withstand adversity. If you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln

"The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." Sigmund Feud

"That money talks, I won't deny. I heard it once, it said goodbye." Richard Armour

"Mothers are fonder of than fathers of their own children because they are more certain they are their own." Aristotle

"The happy are people are failures because they are on such good terms with themselves they don't give a damn." Agatha Christie

"I used to do drugs. I got so wrecked one night, I waited for a stop sign to change and it did." Steve Krabitz

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
First ones that came to my mind. All from youtube series Ardy and the Cheif

"Aww that's your favorite pokemon [the beaver looking one]. He looks like he has testicular cancer in his cheeks."
-
Ardy: "Cheif what is this" looking at broken game case.
Cheif: " It's Cock off Duty: Modern GayFuckStupid. Go ahead play it."
Ardy: "Its just a cookie with a hole in it. It'll probably destroy the 360 if I tried to play it"
-
Cheif: "This are Chris Redfeild. Nooo. THis are Chris Redfeild's cock"
Ardy:"Hey, wanna play Resident Evil 5?"
Cheif: "7 minutes. 7 minutes is all the time I have to play with you."
Ardy: "If you quote Wesker one more time I'll hit you."
Cheif: "CHRIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS"