What is your favorite Quote?

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
wouldyoukindly99 said:
Don't know the exact quote but it goes something like "Only the smartest man knows that he knows nothing." Anybody know the actual quote I'm looking for?
I'm going to guess Socrates "As for me, all I know is that I know nothing." He then goes on to talk about how him knowing nothing makes him the wiser than others who refuse to admit their own ignorance.

To explain: Socrates begins all wisdom with wondering, thus one must begin with admitting one's ignorance.

My favorite quote is this one: Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain, cut well old friend, and then farewell.

The Thinker

Jan 22, 2011
As Ben Franklin said, "How shocking."

As The Sniper said, "Boom. Headshot."

As Ben Croshaw said, (maybe)"Why do people feel compeled to put love plots into every single work of fiction, no matter how inappropriate? Imagine a parallel universe where every piece of fiction has to have a line-dancing sequence. We'd call them crazy!"

As Douglas Adams said "Space is big." And the rest of that quote, which I can't currently remember.

Yeah, I guess that's more than one, but I like them all.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
godofallu said:
wouldyoukindly99 said:
Don't know the exact quote but it goes something like "Only the smartest man knows that he knows nothing." Anybody know the actual quote I'm looking for?
I'm going to guess Socrates "As for me, all I know is that I know nothing." He then goes on to talk about how him knowing nothing makes him the wiser than others who refuse to admit their own ignorance.

To explain: Socrates begins all wisdom with wondering, thus one must begin with admitting one's ignorance.

My favorite quote is this one: Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain, cut well old friend, and then farewell.
Sounds about right, thanks man. :)

I've always loved that quote, there's always more to learn no matter how intelligent or studied you consider yourself to be.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
wouldyoukindly99 said:
godofallu said:
wouldyoukindly99 said:

Sounds about right, thanks man. :)

I've always loved that quote, there's always more to learn no matter how intelligent or studied you consider yourself to be.
It's actually my favorite quote, but i figured if i pretended it wasn't I could list two.

On topic: New quote- A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
"To those who do not know mathematics it is difficult to get across a real feeling as to the beauty, the deepest beauty, of nature. ... If you want to learn about nature, to appreciate nature, it is necessary to understand the language that she speaks in."
- Richard Feynman

Mcmuffin said:
Mine is.

"is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
is he both Able and willing?
Then Whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him god?"

i once said this to a very religious Girl in my school during an argument. It made her very angry and storm out the room, Very funny.
Yeah, that is always a good one. That anger is actually the admission of having no response with the unwillingness to accept it. I really do see this a lot. I have heard a shaky refutation to this. I actually expanded on this, it just puts his benevolence in question rather than everything.

Captcha: gookint ½ny. Suck it captcha, I actually typed it.

googleit6

May 12, 2010
"Reach for the moon; even if you miss you'll land among the stars".

No idea who said it, but I think it's a great quote.