What Movie/Game Secretly Made You Cry ?

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
Almost forgot..

The scene when Sarah McLachlan's "Angel" starts playing in the move City of Angels..almost starts me with the tears..it makes me catch my breath.

and the scene up at the cabin..if you've seen the movie,you know what I'm talking about.

also..I don't know how to do the spoiler tags.

Armageddon the final scene on the asteroid.

Tears of the Sun..lotta action and gunfire,but the sequence of events when they are trying to get to the border and LT's team goes down one by one..didn't cry so much as felt anguish..

Blackhawk Down..granted it's found out later that for every U.S. Soldier that died,at least 10 of Aidid's soldiers are killed..
It's the suffering..of the starving Somali citizens..that gets me with disgust mostly because the U.N. was trying to help with bringing in food,but some crazy fanatic thinks feeding his army of thugs is better than feeding the general populace..and its not the thugs that are starving..it's the children and citizens living in that hellish environment being reduced to a mob of people trying to get food..

Word Trade Center..good movie,but sad

DasHunterman

Feb 23, 2009
Well..this isn't a movie but there was this episode of Rugrats about Mother's Day and the babies wondering why they never saw Chuckie's mom. ;_; The ending just makes me break down every time I see it.

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
manicfoot said:
Life is Beautiful - the bit where the dad is being led away by a nazi soldier to be executed and does a playful skip so his son (who is hiding nearby) will think he's ok.
Yeah. I didn't cry but my eyes were watering. That's a good movie.

My own thing, the ending of MGS4.
When Sunny asks Otacon where Snake is. Otacon responds, knowing that Snake has gone to kill himself, "Snake's had a hard life. He needs to rest."
Also Big Boss's final words. "This is good...isn't it?"

Not a movie or a game, but the ending of Code Geass. One tear rolled down my cheek.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Idi I Smotri/ Come and See.
It's the most amazing movie I've ever seen. Watching a 12 year old boy destroyed by the horror of war is something you never forget. It's the saddest thing I've ever seen, when he's trying to convince himself that his family went out to collect food, and he's running away from the village with a girl and she looks back and sees the entire village naked and full of bullets behind a barn, and she distracts him so he doesn't see it. No movie will ever be more powerful, I guarantee it.
http://www.oldies.com/i/boxart/large/03/738329031725.jpg
The fact that they used live ammunition due to the fact that it was both more realistic, and cheaper than blanks makes it more amazing. There's a scene in the movie where live rounds pass under 4 inches above the main characters head. It's a great movie.

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core. The ending was obvious to anyone who played FF7, but it was so well done...

I still quote the last line all the time when I rambo and die in online games.

"Would you say.. that I became a hero..?

Oh, and Code Geass had me tearing up at the end too.

canadamus_prime said:
alpha_numeric08 said:
(Ending of Episode 2 and the ending of that one Futurama episode with Fry's dog got me, too)
That Futurama episode had me all choked up too. The scenes during the end credits were just so heart wrenching.
I forgot about that episode. That was so sad... So glad Futurama is coming back though!

dommyuk

Aug 1, 2008
Final Fantasy VIII and IX, they were just too happy.
Final Fantasy X, curse you ending theme, most depressing piece of music I've ever heard, suited the ending perfectly.

Fullmetal Alchemist, you know the funeral scene and the last 2 episodes were so positive yet so sad, and the movie: the scene with Ed, Al and Mustang on the airship after they defeat that crazy woman.

ek599

May 27, 2009
CRY??? Haha, men do not CRY!!
Uh...
*shifts eyes left*
*shifts eyes right*
*whispering* remember the titans

Beartrucci

Jun 19, 2009
piers789 said:
The ending of The Killing Fields got me the closest yet.

When Sidney meets up with Dith Pran after searching for years and John Lennon's Imagine is playing. *sniff*
Yeah our class recently watched it and while the ending didn't make me cry, I was pretty moved by it, then annoyed when people were complaining about having to "sit through that shitty movie"

furnatic

Mar 28, 2009
Movie
Seven Pounds

Game
The entire ending video after the final battle in Metal Gear Solid 4

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
Thunderhorse94 said:
piers789 said:

When Sidney meets up with Dith Pran after searching for years and John Lennon's Imagine is playing. *sniff*
Yeah our class recently watched it and while the ending didn't make me cry, I was pretty moved by it, then annoyed when people were complaining about having to "sit through that shitty movie"
May I ask what sort of age group are we talking here?
The movie itself, while not one of my all time favourites, is still, in my opinion, an excellent film. Possibly the middle of the film is a little drawn out and could have been shortened but I wouldn't call it 'shitty'. There is a lack of action but the film isn't about action, it's about friendship in war-torn Vietnam - which is why the ending moves me, it always gives me a lump in my throat.

Beartrucci

Jun 19, 2009
piers789 said:
Thunderhorse94 said:
piers789 said:

May I ask what sort of age group are we talking here?
The movie itself, while not one of my all time favourites, is still, in my opinion, an excellent film. Possibly the middle of the film is a little drawn out and could have been shortened but I wouldn't call it 'shitty'. There is a lack of action but the film isn't about action, it's about friendship in war-torn Vietnam - which is why the ending moves me, it always gives me a lump in my throat.
The age group for my class is 14-15 years of age, and I think the problem was that there wasn't enough John Cena for their liking. There was even one girl who was laughing at the "dumb and ugly Cambodians".

barryween

Apr 17, 2008
I didn't cry, but almost at the end of Gran Torino. I won't tell why, but, It was really sad.

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
The Bridge to Terebithia was terribly sad, when the girl dies. Its the only movie that has made me shed a tear.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
When I was about 8, in Flubber when Webo dies I cried all night, it was really quite sad, especially when she comes back at the end but is different and I screamed "BUT SHE'LL NEVAH BE THE SAAMEEE"

barryween

Apr 17, 2008
Thunderhorse94:The age group for my class is 14-15 years of age, and I think the problem was that there wasn't enough John Cena for their liking. There was even one girl who was laughing at the "dumb and ugly Cambodians".[/quote]

This is very off topic comment, but did you notice how The Marine and 12 Rounds look basically the same? Anyway, Watchmen was a really bittersweet ending. And, sorry, my quote got all messed up :(

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
Nothing has ever made me secretly cry--it doesn't take much to make me cry, so I cry at just about anything.

That said, the movies that made me cry the most are probably The Pianist and Departures. We're talking sobbing and crying long after the movie ended.

Oh and when I was a little kid I read an illustrated adaptation of The Lion King, and damn did I ever cry.