What Race Do You Use In Skyrim? [And Why]

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
My first character is a Dunmer because as far as I can remember my first character in Morrowind was of the same race.

My second character is a Redguard because I realised I never played one in either Morrowind or Oblivion.

My third character will most likely be an Altmer so my wizard enjoys a nice magicka bonus.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
i went Khajiit.
I knew since the start that i was going for a stealthy type character and once i saw that i could be a cat - well - i didn't hesitate.
So far having lots of fun with it.

Haven't even touched anything other than light armor, sneak, one handed weapons, bows, lockpicking.

ThisJustin

Mar 17, 2011
Redguard because I've never played one before and he's made a decent Spellsword. Since Daggerfall about 90% of my builds have been Bosmer. Only in Oblivion did I try some Breton and Imperial to break away from always being a thief.

UnderCoverGuest

May 24, 2010
Orcs are big and strong--two traits I've always held close to my hypertrophic heart and body. And they're green--but a nice dark shade of forest green that I like more than WarCraft's vibrant neon-raver green.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Nord, with Axe and shield, playing for the stormcloacks...

And I've seen the loading screen with the Orc dual wielding axes... now i want that one too :D

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I'm a Norde Warrior on my first play through, in Oblivion I played as a Norde so I thought, this is Skyrim and I want to run up to dragons and show them my feelings with my battleaxe, and I felt Norde was the best way to do that:)

Next will be a Khajiit because they look pretty cool in Skyrim.

regalphantom

Feb 10, 2011
Breton, partially because Bretons were my favorite class in both Morrowind and Oblivion because of the extra magic without any downside (I didn't like the Altmer weakness to magic), partially because I figured with all the fire-and-ice breathing dragons out there, resistance to magic would be useful. Right now I'm a Breton Mage who wears heavy armor with a 2-handed greatsword as a backup weapon (Right when I run of Magic when fighting a dragon, I jump in and lop it's head off. Also, being able to do melee damage is surprisingly useful against mages with ward up/dragon priests)

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
I'm a Breton because I wanted to make a human character, but I also wanted to shoot fire from my hands and melt people.

Although I've kinda turned into a sort of mage/tank-warrior/thief over time. It's pretty fun being able to switch up your play style midway through the game. Only problem is that I always find myself carrying two suits of armor 3-4 main weapons and a whole slew of enchanted jewelry and items at any given time just to supplement whichever skill set I'm embracing at the moment.

R3dF41c0n

Feb 11, 2009
I'm playing a Dark Elf mace and magic user. The 50% fire resistance is great for fighting fire dragons. Plus it's been the traditional class\race combo I've played since Morrowind.

I sometimes play a Khajiit thief/assassin as a secondary character. However with the way Skyrim does skills I think I'll stick with the one character.

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
I am a Breton Destruction Mage with a war axe. My trusty axe in one hand and a handful of ice in the other. Their bonuses to magic resistance makes them perfect madge killers.

yndsu

Apr 1, 2011
As i am from the Northern Europe form a country that was ruled by Swedes and Danes at a certain time and i have some Danish blood even and i am very much a nordic person i am playing as a nord. And i am usually dual-wielding war-axes and sometimes with some spells on one hand.
But mostly those war-axes.

Aug 1, 2010
Dark Elf, because..... DROW ARE FUCKING AWESOME!

Seriously, they are my favorite species in all of fantasy.

Also, I love playing a stealth mage and Drow fit it perfectly.

(NO! They are NOT Dunmer! They are Drow, damn it!)

Deathmageddon

Nov 1, 2011
Dark Elf, because they have awesome fire resistance (though I have pondered trying a Nord because most enemies seem to use frost) and their racial power is badass. super powered fire cloak spell once a day? Hell, yeah! Also, powers and abilities aside, they're just awesome.