What Race Do You Use In Skyrim? [And Why]

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
My first char is a Breton Mage because of the fact that the only thing scarier than a mage, is a another mage so the magic resistance works wonders. I went Stormcloak because I became the arch mage of the college and figured the least trouble would reach it from the war if the stormcloaks won.

My next character is going to be an argonian archer because I got the excelent idea of being underwater then popping up on an island and sniping the bloody stormcloaks as they enter. Plus the bastards hate argonians, who could hate argonians?

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Another fucking skyrim thread? Good. I have absolutely no problem with that.

Breton. One of the Breton presets looks a lot like Johnny Klebitz from The Lost and Damned. (he's one ugly ************ - but I was pretty sure I wouldn't find many people looking like him in the game, and I was correct)

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
High Elf, only mage. I thought high elf looked the coolest and my female high elf looks like someone you wouldn't want to mess with, but is not ugly like other races.

It does suck that the Thalmor are mainly high elves, and there dicks.

Zarkov

Mar 26, 2010
mParadox said:
Nord. Destruction mage and one handed weaponry with Heavy Armour. o_O

Skyrim is my entry into the series so, I decided to start as the most human thing, Nord. Also, I like having fireballs in one hand and a sword/mace in the other. :D
Technically...

Imperials are the "humans" of the game, although you can basically argue that for any of the human looking races except Bretons because they are half elf and thus great for spell-casting.

Happy skyrim playing!

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
Orc.
Orc fighters are the most fun for me to play. In OBlivion they were more defensive fighters but now they are more offensive, so slightly less optimal for my play style but I still like 'em best.

Plus berserker samurai esque barbarian race ftw

Awsomeotaku

Mar 31, 2011
Khajiit with a weapon specialization in maces and destruction magic, & of course I specialize in lock picking, sneaking, pickpocket. I'm also pretty high level in speech for some reason

FalloutAl

Nov 19, 2011
I leave my computer for 2 hours and THIS happens.

Must have left my Magic Topic Growth formula next to my laptop.

p.s I like the amount of people who go spell sword, interesting concept

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Khajit for the sneaky bonus, bow bonus and the fact he cheats in brawls with his claws. I read the comment about a daedric bow conjure... I will investigate that!

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
A Dark Elf Thief/Mage combination, i have played dark elves since morrowind since i kind of fell in love with that game. Guess i'm just feeling nostalgic.

Also, the Thief/Mage combination fits pretty well with the character of the dunmer.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Dunmer, Light Armored Assassin. 1h, Archery, Alchemy, Sneak, PP, LP, smithing, block... I chose Dunmer out of habit, been playing one since Morrowind.