What Race Do You Use In Skyrim? [And Why]

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
Dami Fayse said:
I was in a bad mood last time I created a character and I just really wanted to play with a cat called Scrambles.
my cats name is scrambles! :)

I have an Orc mage, he looks freaking badass with a hood on and I like creating non-standard characters like that. Though really, Im sure there are tons of people who play orc mages and Im not the unique snowflake I like to think I am.

Next I will be a Lizard man ranger. Duel wield, archery and light armour. Kinda like a scaly Drizzit. Though the enchanter/blacksmith character sounds really cool, heavy armour, shield, axe and magic. Dont know what race though. Anyone play that style?

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
Nord. Because ... I dunno, it seems right. I play as a Battle Mage (Heavy Armor, One Hand, Destruction and Restoration)

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
I play as a Dunmer who balances every skill. I fight with blades, I burn with magic, I sneak and thieve where I can and wield my bow like a mother fucker! It makes the game more dynamic I feel and switching play styles is sorta my thing. Feel much better in skyrim than it did in oblivion or morrowind.

My housemate is playing as a breton mage, doing a 100% magic walk through.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Nord with sword and shield and a bow. I know it's not a super imaginative character, but I'm new to TES, so I'm using him for familiarizaton.

Ascarus

Feb 5, 2010
i have no particular preference, but i won't play the khajit (sp?) only because i can't take them seriously.

i mean c'mon, at one point they were all kittens.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Imperial because they seemed like a good all around race/class and because the 'find extra gold' appealed to me.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Since I was a redguard my first play through in Oblivion I went that route again. When I started Oblivion I was so clueless I made a crusader redguard, that took awhile to level.

Now I'm playing as a redguard warrior smith. 1h with shield. I go in with a bow do some damage then when they start running my way I cut them down with my war axe. Adrenaline rush doesn't seem to have the same punch though.

Next on my list is a khajit assassin/thief because I wanna join the dark brotherhood and thieves guild and own quickly... and quietly.

Trivea

Jan 27, 2011
Wood Elf sneak-thief because that's what I played in my introduction to the series, Oblivion, and I'm sort of playing as a "reincarnation" of him. Same name and everything. (Yes, I revel in the role playing elements, shut up.) I love having one red and one white eye. It's killer.

If I ever wanted to do a different character... probably an Argonian, because they look positively KICK ASS in this game.

Captcha: certainly rewelle. Sounds like a new show on the Disney channel.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Orc because with they finally look good and their racial power tears dragons to pieces.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Dunmer because I imagine my character as a descendant of my last Oblivion character. And because fire resistance comes in handy against regular dragons.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Hafrael said:
I have 3 characters.

Altmer mage, because he just knows he's better than everyone. And he's going to prove it by melting your skin off.

Khajiit sneak-thief. Love the fist fighting+nightvision.

Nord 2h warrior. You know why. (Also siding with the imperials ;])
I am also a Nord, but I'm one handed (going between dual swords, and sword and shield. Reinforced with archery and for his noncombat skill, I'm focusing on enchantment.

Musette

Pacifist Percussionist
Apr 19, 2010
My main character in TES games is pretty much always an Argonian assassin. When I first heard about the Shadowscale, I really liked the idea and kept making Argonian assassins as my main characters. Skyrim is no exception.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Bosmer (Wood Elf), stealth/archery's my main thing and they've got the bonuses for it.

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Krm3lg4r73n said:
Retardinator said:
Nordic sneaky marksman...
...What the hell?

Same thing I played in Morrowind and Oblivion. Except for the marksman part, because it used to be shit. Still didn't stop me from putting points and a lot of hope into bows at the start of the game. -.-
How is this working out for you so far?
I feel like once you get the 3x sneak bow damage and the 50% time slow it becomes real fun.
I think the game is much more easygoing about it than the previous ones, especially Morrowind. Part of the reason is that it doesn't give you any actual starting skills to use. But it feels a bit less like a traditional RPG, and more like pick your skill adventure.

I can't say much more, as I haven't played Skyrim much. Still waiting for that journal mod...