What'd you name your Shepard and why?

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
i kept mine entirely default, both name and appearance. i felt like BioWare had developed this character pretty well on their own, and i already had the image of him in my head from what they had done, so i decided to leave it as it was.

Sam Leighton

Feb 18, 2011
Alex Shepard for femshep, just kept John Shepard for maleshep. Although I spelt it wrong Alex is named after Alyx Vance from HL2

Ironsouled

Nov 5, 2009
Sergei Shepard, and he got extensive scarring, ice blue eyes, black hair and brows, and a face that, though not obviously ugly, screamed 'I. Will. Kill you.' Renegade Infiltrator shep who I always imagined as a Russian, to the point that I'd start hearing the voice actor with that accent.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
First playthrough: Manuel (when I finished, he looked like Mexican Matt Damon)
Second playthrough: Buttplug

Dominic Burchnall

Jun 13, 2011
Doctor Shepard, mainly because I am a massive Dr Who fan, but there was one line that sort of summed up Shepards' mission statement for me, from the episode "Silence in the Libary".

"Everybody knows that everybody dies, and nobody knows it better than the Doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds, might just turn dark if he EVER, for one moment, accepts it."

JoeThree

May 8, 2010
Topal (Toe-puhl) - It's a name I've used forever for almost all my RPG/character names. Long story short, she was the main character of the book I was working on when I was younger, and while I gave up on that pipe dream, I loved the character and the name, so I often play as her whenever I get to really do some roleplaying. I think what I enjoy the most is that the character is actually really different than me, so it adds the element of actually trying to determine what she might do in a situation to games where otherwise, if I played just as myself, it'd be easier.

MightyMole

Mar 5, 2011
I made J-Gray Shepard. Why? Well in my Alma Matter there was a sort of "Folk Hero" on our American football team named Johnathan Gray who took our team to the state title game twice as a Sophomore and Junior in High School (This year is his senior year). The kid is a beast. If you're interested in football, you should look him up. I believe he's the #1 recruit in the U.S. this year and will probably do big things at UT when he graduates... Anyway, so I decided I wanted to be a Vanguard class in ME2 and was debating on who I should make when me and some buddies were fooling around and we said something like "What if I made him J-Gray?" and so I did.

I have no regrets.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
John, because I'm really really lazy.

I did name my female Shepard, Jennifer. I guess it's a reference to her voice actor, but I really just couldn't think of a non J name.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Morgan. I've always like Morgan as a girl's name and I figured a gender neutral name like that would "fit" for a strong female character like FemShep.

Oh, and because we brought up screenshots...

*rummages through photobucket*

~V

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
here is my main Shepard name Allura don't know why, name sounded kinda good! played male only for Tali romance it was torture.

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
Bradley Shepard. I wrote this mini story years ago and the names of the characters in it kinda stuck, Bradley was the leader of this awesome combat squad made up of misfits and weirdos; seemed apt

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I named my PC one Awesome Shepard. I believe it;s fairly self explanatory. My xbox one that I'me continuing through the series has been called Blayze, because it's a pretty cool name.