What's your Favorite book series.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
Gizmo1990 said:
I was trying to decide what my favorite book series was and was curious what other peoples was.

I had to decide between the Dresden files by Jim butcher, the codex Alera also by Jim butcher and the Night Angle trilogy by Brent Weeks. I choose the Dresden files but the codex Alera is only just behind.
oh god dammit dude. i came her to say that are you ruined it for me man, i hate you so much. >=(

naw, i'm just teasing ya, but in all honesty i agree wit you about Jim's 2 series, and the only reason codex is behind for me is because it has less books, but other than that... I'm a Jim fanatic, read both series in full twice so far and on my third already. but my favorite series outside of Jim butcher would have to be Artemis fowl, and the Pendragon series.

demonflowers

Dec 4, 2010
It's a hard choice, but I have to go with the the Discworld series. I would also like to give a quick mention to everything by Tamora Pierce, she's really talented. Most of the other books I would normally recommend have been mentioned already...

Oh, and I loathe the Harry Potter series. While I do appreciate the fact that it has encouraged people to read more, it is horribly written. It's full of clichés and cardboard cut-out characters that don't act like real people. I'm sorry, but if I was Voldemort I would just have had Professor Quirrell walk up to Harry in the first book and slit his throat. Problem solved.

kcjerith

Jan 10, 2011
Dark Tower, currently on book five. Also enjoyed the dragon lance series a great deal.

Belated

Feb 2, 2011
Mahou Sensei Negima!

Feel free to criticize me for picking a manga. But the story is the main focus, and it's made of pages, and it's filled with text, so I still consider it a book, even if that text just happens to have pictures behind it.

But in the event that my response could get me thrown out anyway for some contrived "it doesn't pertain to the thread" technicality, let me just say that I also really like the Harry Potter series. Negima! and Harry Potter, the latter often said to be like a manga version of the former. Maybe this says something about me and my love of magic and storys about. Or maybe it just says that I just really love panty shots in manga and don't read enough books that aren't manga, and the Harry Potter series is the last "series" I got into. Personally, I'm sticking with the first explanation. Because it doesn't make me look bad like the second.

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
Either David Weber's Honor Harrington series, or The Legacy of the Force. Darth Caedus was awesome...

MK75

Jun 6, 2010
Since the Ender series has already been mentioned multiple times I'm going to go with Ted Dekker's Circle Trilogy. Weird seeing as this is more of a fantasy series, seeing as I usually go for the sci-fi books, but this series is just well done in my opinion.

FriedRicer

Sep 19, 2010
Eragon,Edge Chronicles,and the Legend of Drizzt...use to be Harry Potter and The Series of Unfortunate Events.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Ok in no particular order . . . .

* Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin - Amazing series, tons of well developed characters and a massive amount of overlapping storylines. Plus the one thing I love most about this series is you always have the feeling beginning at the end of the first book that NOBODY is safe.

* Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan - Although some people would argue that a few of the middle books dragged on a bit Wheel of Time is easily one of my favorite series to date. Much like Song of Ice and Fire Wheel of Time has probably close to 100 individual characters all with interesting and well developed stories. Sadly Robert Jordan died before the series was finished. Fortunately he was prepared and left tons of notes, outlines, and even finished chapters and has been taken up by the highly talented Brandon Sanderson.

* Ender-Verse Novels by Orson Scott Card - Super smart children in a military school set in space. This series to be honest is hot and cold. When it's on it's REALLY on and Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow are two of the best books I read. They each tell the exact same the story of the same series of events but through the eyes of a different child in each book.

Honorable Mentions:
* Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
* Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams
* Discworld series by Terry Pratchet
* Drizzt novels by R.A. Salvatore
* Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
axis of time
witcher series

buti dont read much and read book series even less so my choices probably arent the best.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Tie between Harry Potter and the Gaunt's Ghost Series. Yes i am a gelatinous creature that likes warhammer 40k.
Close behind is 3rd is skullduggery pleasant series although i need to get my hands on the next book.

BlackIvory

May 2, 2011
DragonLance and Discworld are probably my favorites. One's pure action and drama and the other is hillarious and deeply scarring trauma :p