when the hell is half life episode 3 coming out?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I think that Valve have been working on better games, which I like them more for.
Although I do wish they'd release Ep 3 so we'd stop getting threads like this.

SavingPrincess

Bringin' Text-y Back
Feb 17, 2010
lord death jr said:
seriously Valve

the codes may have been stolen or something
post what you think happened
I can't believe anyone has yet to link this:

"Valve Time" Chart [http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time]

Gentelman Jim

Nov 17, 2009
My theory is that they are working on a major update or replacement to the source engine, and then releasing Ep 3 as the flagship for it.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Samsont said:
They won't release episode 3 until portal 2 comes out, portal 2 is going to connect to the half life 2 universe and continue it.
I'm surprised nobody else has said this - to me, it seems glaringly obvious. Episode 2 made mention of Aperture Science, and then OMG - Portal was included with the Orange Box! In Portal, we got a vague introduction to the inner workings of Aperture Science, and Portal 2 is going to expand on that, providing a perfect segueway for what will undoubtedly be (at least, I really really hope so) THE most epic finale of a game series ever.

Seriously, think of the pressure Valve is under to deliver with Episode 3, when Half-Life 1 and 2 are consistently rated amongst the "best games of all time". You can't just end that saga in a haphazard way - it has to be perfect, and if anyone can deliver perfection, it's Valve.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Snarky Username said:
Cain_Zeros said:
What happened? Well, one of the main voice actors died, that's what happened. I'd like to see you not have development slow to a crawl after that.
If you're talking about Dr Breen, I'm pretty sure he died in HL2...

If you're talking about Gordon Freeman, I'm sure Valve can find some way to replace the voice actor.
There is no voice actor for Gordon. For what I heard (not sure how reliable my source really is) it was the actor for a main villain that died.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Never! that's the excuse, they want you to expect they'll release it so that meanwhile you buy every single other game or gamemode made by Valve... that's a very nice strategy...

traineesword

Jan 24, 2010
englishjesus said:
emily123 said:
lord death jr said:
seriously Valve

remeber rome wasnt built in a day it was built in a month by two guys who were abandonned then found and raised by wolves.........where was i going with this
Maybe Episode 3 is being made by wolves? Thus the reason why its taking awhile.m Or maybe im crazy.

However, im sure we'll get it 2012, and it shall be so good, the apocolypse shall come.

There will also be no doubt that people will attempt some huge boycott because it took forever.
Or maybe Episode 3 is going to be made by children currently being raised by wolves!

sorry, i've only ever played Half-life 1... i've watched my brother play the second one though... or well, 2/3rds of the second one (awkward laugh). it doesn't mean much to me anymore, i'll probably only play halflife 2 when all episodes are out and will live in current generation gaming hell until then.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I would guess at the beginning of 2013. If we make it that far...

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
I agree with the people saying to wait patiently, however we should keep in mind that disasters like Too Human took a long time too.

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
Davrel said:
Unless it comes out soon, its going to look veeeery dated unless its on a new engine. I'll still get it, but it will have lost that part of the polish that comes with graphical deliciousness.
I disagree. I think the Source engine has aged the least out of pretty much any game I can care to mention.

Not to say it hasn't aged at all, but I've just replayed HL2 right through and I loved every minute, graphics included.

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
Cain_Zeros said:
Snarky Username said:
Cain_Zeros said:
What happened? Well, one of the main voice actors died, that's what happened. I'd like to see you not have development slow to a crawl after that.

If you're talking about Gordon Freeman, I'm sure Valve can find some way to replace the voice actor.
There is no voice actor for Gordon. For what I heard (not sure how reliable my source really is) it was the actor for a main villain that died.
There's no voice actor for Gordon Freeman? Then how did he make those inspirational speeches that inspired the hearts of millions?

Also, it was the voice actor for Dr. Breen who died earlier this year, but Dr. Breen died at the end of HL2 (Well, I'm pretty sure he did, they never showed his death, but the giant explosion kind of hinted it for me...)

Alias42

Sep 10, 2009
black orchid1 said:
short anwser? never......its just another scam so they can sell you games till you stop buying them then release the thing they promised in the first place then it will probably be the same game as the original
I don't care if it's the same game, so where episodes 1 and 2.

traineesword

Jan 24, 2010
wait wait wait... i've read every post on this thread, and i think the majority of people are misreading the purpose of this thread.
lord death jr said:
seriously Valve

this post, to me, sounds like a lot like fun.
be inventive, post a potentially humorous and outrageous story, is what this post tells me to do. though everytime i read the post now, that suggestion seems more and more hidden. perhaps a bit vague but still there.

what the majority of people are doing seems to be "oh my gosh, not another hate on valve thread... sigh, lets just tell this guy to be patient". in my opinion, he is being patient, and to help pass the time, he's come up with this fun game, where we can talk about wolves raising children or pyro performing a spy-check, burning all the work they'd done on episode 3.

i hope i've not mis-interpreted the authors intentions, but even if i have, i believe we should still just post funny stories :D

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
Snarky Username said:
Cain_Zeros said:
Snarky Username said:
Cain_Zeros said:

There's no voice actor for Gordon Freeman? Then how did he make those inspirational speeches that inspired the hearts of millions?

Also, it was the voice actor for Dr. Breen who died earlier this year, but Dr. Breen died at the end of HL2 (Well, I'm pretty sure he did, they never showed his death, but the giant explosion kind of hinted it for me...)
The talk about a host body at the end of HL2, and the replay of that conversation during the Advisor pod's first appearance hinted to me that he was to return. Drafts of HL2 had him being transferred into an alien body at the end of the game.

But out of respect for Robert Culp, they might not be pursuing that anymore.