why do americans "dislike" europeans?

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
It's probably what we call a "love-hate-relationship" the Europeans colonial cousins have the right to poke Europeans as the Europeans have the right to poke Americans. I think it's all in good fun. It's like fighting your siblings. But what is up with that whole WW2 thing?

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Tinq said:
The English are snobbish.
This is quite a funny example, as well even the English think the English are snobbish though it's more about the North/South Divide. See Northern Brits think Southern Brits are Snobs while Southern Brits think Northern Brits are brutes. This is not all of course but this is the stereotype. People from the south of Britain like London would be called Southern Fairies from some one up north like Manchester or Yorkshire, while the nords from places like Manchester or Yorkshire would be called Northern Monkeys. So given that most movies produced from Britain take place in London (and some Americans seem to think London is the only place in England) I don't think the Stereotype is unjustified.

Though it begs the question on what the worlds stereotype would be for us if York (A northern city) was still our capital... the world would thing we were mental, violent, racists who can't speak properly.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Wait, if I complain about immigration I get sent back to Europe?

Okay then...aah immigrants bad.

Ticket to Copenhagen and a "Danish for Dummies" book please.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Because they know everyone hates them and they want to give it back to someone. If I remember correctly, they started the thought of all finns being drunken barbarians who live naked in the forest. That's so absurd. Of course we live in houses!

-Finn

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
kiwi_poo said:
I was wondering why Americans (not all of them) say Europeans are ugly and never wash.
Americans are actually Europeans anyway, right? so why do they insult Europeans?
i am american and i have never heard that stereotype. i have heard the stereotypes that englishmen have notoriously bad teeth and that french people are sissys though. not that i believe them.
Also, americans ARENT europeans. sure, many of us immigrated from there a few hundred years ago, but that doesnt make us europeans. i have more mexican blood than european, and there is also some native american in me.

kiwi_poo said:
And another thing: why do American racists say immigrants should go back to their country?
Wouldn't that mean that they should leave back to Europe and stop whining? Or are they all just massive hypocrites?
its not racist to say some immigrants should go back to their country. the concern is illegal immigrants. not immigrants in general. if they are official they have every right to stay, but illegals cost a buttload to taxpayers when they dont pay taxes themselves.

there are so many things just plain wrong about your post. you sound ridiculous.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
I'm a Canadian, and the only Europeans I don't enjoy the company of are those who come here and complain about how Canada sucks and Europe is so much better. Other than that, I could care less where you're from.

Lancer723

Dec 12, 2008
Wait, Americans hate Europeans? When did this happen, because I didn't get the memo.

In all seriousness though, I don't know where this came from, I've never heard of Americans in any broad sense disliking Europeans. A large portion of Americans have clear genealogical ties to European countries, so the concept doesn't make sense to me. Personally, I have family in England and also have alot of heritage from a smattering of European countries.

Except the French, nobody likes the French. (Joking, Mods, just a joke)

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Well, not all of us think that way.

Those of us that do? well, yeah, they are hypocrites for thinking that way about Europeans.

but even then, it wouldn't make sense for Americans to think that way, pretty much every American is part of at least 1 specific other nationally by ancestry, for instance, I'm part Irish, Scottish, Canadian, French, and recently I was told I'm part Native American (So that might make me multiracial).

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
Americans don't like any other country. England and Ireland are the closest to countries Americans like (e.g. American girls seem to love the accents).

Ithos

Jul 20, 2009
Europeans are considered rude, Americans obnoxious, and eastern asian cultures xenophobes.
All this comes from some truth, but is usually exaggerated.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I don't know about the European thing, I love listening to Glenn Beck ***** about immigrants though.

Tehlanna TPX

Mar 23, 2010
Simple Ignorance. Usually learned from the previous generation. I know my father is racist. It honestly disgusts me. I'm sick of french bashing and 'LOLGERMANNAZIPEWPEW' and other assorted country bashing that comes out of the mouths of my countrymen.

The way we are portrayed is a caricature highlighting our greatest faults. For all intents and purposes they are accurate; those speaking for us are fat, lazy, gun toting racists. They speak louder than their opposites, so that's how the world views us.

It's sad...but until others begin to speak up, it's something that likely wont change anytime soon.

Oh and I love Europeans. Boys from Euro can melt me with their sexy accents ;).

Lisolet

Mar 27, 2010
What? Where'd this come from? I'm American and the only group I hate is the Universal Group of Rude, Bigoted and Close-Minded Fools. Other than them, it's all love here.