Why don't YOU have Skyrim?

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
First of all, I will never ever buy a bethesda product again, after Fallout 3 fucked me over. But more importantly I'm so poor this month, I'm turning in bottles to get enough money to ride the bus to work.

synthesis

Oct 16, 2010
I live in Sweden so i live this game irl, i mean would a yank buy the yank simulator or a twat buy the twat simulator... anyways i'm off to fight some giants, grab some mammoths, then marry a lizard woman. glhf.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Because I heard it's just like Oblivion and I don't consider Oblivion to be a very good game. I'd be bored. I honestly find all Bethesda games boring.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I have to save up £800 for a University module in January. I thought I could apply for Student Finance, but it turms out the bastards won't accept it, so I have to pay for it myself.

Thus, no games for a while.

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
I'm still deployed to Iraq and my internet is so slow it would take over a month to get it from steam (which is also being a ****** and and won't let me log onto my account)

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Why you ask, thats simple... Beacause i don't have a PS3 or Xbox 360 & my PC would barely run Oblivion..... Fuckin Sucks

Gincairn

Jan 14, 2010
Like others have already said, I have no interest in the game, I wasn't a fan of Oblivion and don't wish to subject myself to more of the same.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
sravankb said:
Zing said:
Because I heard it's just like Oblivion and I don't consider Oblivion to be a very good game. I'd be bored. I honestly find all Bethesda games boring.
Same here. Fallout 3 has to be one of the most boring games I've played.
They just seem bland to me. Like they took a massive cool looking world and then packed it with bland unimaginative characters and an uninteresting, flat story. People rave about spending 60 hours playing the game and not even following the main story or caring, but I just don't understand how anyone can stand that. In fact why not just play WoW? That sounds exactly like it without the online aspect and with shittier gameplay and less rewards.

Now if we could take the worlds and environments of Bethesda and put them with the characters and story of BioWare, then add the gameplay of The Witcher we'd have the ultimate RPG devil-child!

edit: also the amount of skyrim threads on these forums is actually getting irritating

Shadu

Nov 10, 2010
Because I don't have the money, and it's doubtful I will since my paycheck needs to go to more important things, like food, and buying for Christmas.

Because I'm not really that interested. Oblivion bored me to tears, and part of that was the setting. It doesn't do much for me, so I doubt Skyrim will be an improvement over that.

And because I have a limited amount of time with all the stuff I have going on and, if I'm honest, I would much rather finish the most recent Layton game with my small amount of spare time than I would playing Skyrim.

himemiya1650

Jan 16, 2010
Seeing as Oblivion is $4.99 on steam, I can wait a few years for a price drop. I'm still backlogged in homework, anime and other games.

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
I want to try the game first before I buy it, I'm crazy like that, wanting to actually know what I'm getting before I shell out the cash.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
I've got the money to get it, the time to play it, the gear to play it... But I don't like RPG's, so it all ends for me there.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I have too much to do right now, and I don't have the money. Maybe after I earn some back over Christmas I'll give it a shot.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
3 reasons-

1. I don't have a Xbox 360 or PS3.
2. My PC is old and unstable.
3. Since I'm getting a new PC for Christmas, I'm still not getting it since I don't want to download it from Stream (I keep an eye on my bandwidth limits) and I may as well wait for the expansion stuff to come out first.

LiliumSnow

Jun 20, 2011
Me? Because I'm a 2nd year university student with no job and I am piss poor 8'|. But even if I were the richest gamer alive, I still wouldn't buy the game because I have almost zero interest in it. I know a lot of good things were said about the series, but I found I was always scared off by open-world games like "The Elder Scrolls" franchise.

Oh and there's also the fact that my poor, crappy Toshiba laptop has a crappy Intel graphic card that would probably vomit if I ever installed the game, if if I set the graphics to the lowest bar (and yet it plays the "Dragon Age" games so well ....).