Why Keep Your Wallet In Your Back Pocket?

Sparrow475

Oct 7, 2010
I've never understood it. Same with wearing a watch on my left arm even though I'm right-handed. I seen no reason to do something illogical just because it's the norm.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I've always found it natural to keep my wallet in my front pocket. I'm more aware of it on me that way and would more likely notice if someone picked it off me.

There were actually pressures placed on me to wear it in my back pocket as the perceived notion in my highschool was that homosexuals wear wallets up front. Seeing as I didn't care what ignorant people thought of me, I kept doing what I've always done.

I have yet to hear the above comment mentioned anywhere other than in my highschool years.

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
I keep my wallet in my back pocket. Just out of habit. I don't keep it back there for any particular reason, other than that my two front pockets are usually occupied.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Phone in front left pocket, wallet in front right. If im driving, keys go in front left with my phone or if I am wearing jeans it goes in the back pocket cos my jeans are tight.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Mine is always in my front pocket, I don't like the idea of losing my wallet, which is why I do the 'pat down' to check all my stuff is there.

DeadlyYellow said:
I keep my wallet in my front. The back is for wallet-shaped trash, because it makes it all the more hilarious when it gets lifted.
Do you get Pickpocketed often then? Or are you just waiting for that day.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
pearcinator said:
Phone in front left pocket, wallet in front right. If im driving, keys go in front left with my phone or if I am wearing jeans it goes in the back pocket cos my jeans are tight.
*Jots info down*

Ok, see you soon!

ExiledPaladin13

Aug 3, 2011
I keep all my coins in my wallet and because of train ticket machines i keep getting more when i get change, so putting my wallet on the back pocket is just a pain in the backside when i sit, so i keep it in front.

I also realise that putting it in my front pockets make me look weird, but i dont really care. Easy access is my preference =]

standokan

May 28, 2009
It's way easier to get your wallet out of your back pocket than out of your front pocket while sitting. And in some pants even while standing, I'm an expert thrust me.

I usually use front pockets for phone & wallet and backet pockets for everything else. Back pockets are more comfortable but I'm way too paranoid to put anything of value in there.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
I keep my wallet in my front trousers pocket. It feels safer there and more comfortable. I didn't even know people would be stupid enough to keep it in their arse pocket.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Mine is always in the front. I go to too many festivals and shit to be comfortable having anything of value in a back pocket...

Having it in the back does seem kinda dim to me if I'm being honest.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I can give an example of why a person would do that quite simply.

Touch my bum, don't be shy~

KittzCat25

Nov 6, 2011
I cаn't beleive.....My friеnd's sister makes 96/hr оn the internet. She has been unemployed fоr 1о months but last mоnth her incоmе was 8253 USD just wоrking on the PC for a fеw hours. Go tо this wеbsite...... СаshМаnу.соm

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
See, I used to put my wallet in my back pocket; then I went to Germany for a year and decided to put it in my front pocket to "go with the flow." Ended up liking it a lot more than the back-pocket thing.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
I keep my wallet in my front pocket attached to 2 chains which are both clipped onto my belt-loops.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
That's why it's called a keister. It comes from the German kiste and the Yiddish kestl meaning strong box. It became pickpocket slang for the back pocket where many carried their valuables. Which means the word keister was a minced oath since it did not refer to the ass but an article of clothing that is over the ass. So saying, "I'm going to kick you in the keister," originally was the same as saying, "I'm going to kick you in the pants," a way to refer to the ass without being vulgar and directly naming it. Over time, the original meaning of the back pocket was lost and now keister just means ass.

PZF

Nov 1, 2011
I don't know, it's just seems it where it wants to go. My dad carries it there, so it just passed on to me i guess. My left front has my keys and a light and my right front carries my folding knife and SAK. Then I throw my phone in my lower leg pocket (carpenter pants). Unless I'm going to be somewhere in a large crowd, than in will ride in a jacket/front pants pocket.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I always keep my wallet in my front right pocket. My cellphone and keys go in my front left pocket. Back pockets are kept empty because it is uncomfortable to sit on stuff.

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
I keep it in my back pocket because I can, I also keep my phone and keys in my front pockets and those are even worse to sit on.

I've also never met a man who tried to steal from a skinhead or that ever walked in less than a 1-2m radius of me, haha!