Will someone please explain why hitting a girl is bad but hitting a guy is fine?

TastySurvivor

Vault-Tec Beat Writer
Jun 14, 2010
Space Spoons said:
Males and females aren't equal. That's not sexism, it's a fact. Men are built stronger and can generally take more punishment, women are built smaller and generally can't. There are exceptions, but for the most part, that's the way it goes.

Besides that, though, it's socially reprehensible. I don't buy into all that "PC for the sake of PC" junk, I was just raised to believe that you don't hit women under any circumstances.
So if an ex or something comes at you trying to stab you to death, and all you can do is hit her, your not going to fight back because "you don't hit women under any circumstances"? Hope a girl never attacks. If they do, nice knowing you.

As a side note, its not ok to beat or hit women in general. But if one attacks you, fight back.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Durxom said:
Because women are frail and fragile little people that must be handled with care, or they could shatter...umm joking aside..I dunno, I guess just to be chivalrous?
To quote Dave Chappelle... "Chivalry is dead. And women killed it."

It's probably because girls don't like being hit, but most guys will just shrug it off or punch you back.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
i will hit someone just as hard as they hit me, regardless of gender, although if it gets serious I generally start grabbing and twisting arms rather than hitting.
I don't know why, but i usually win so....

the_bearpelt

Dec 26, 2009
Well, it's pretty easy to say why: previous society expectations still influence us.
But I've always felt that when someone deserve a good punch in the face, gender has no bearing on it. Same as everything else.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
soutbr1 said:
So if an ex or something comes at you trying to stab you to death, and all you can do is hit her
Trying? ***** slashed me across the back with a boning knife... out of pure reflex I spun and collected her in the face with my elbow, breaking her nose... so guess who the cops wanted to bust when they showed up? Yeah, muggins here. If the crazy ***** had been able to keep her story straight AND not go off the deep end and start clawing at the cop trying to get a statement, I'd probably have ended up pulling a stretch.

WaffleCopters

Dec 13, 2009
I say this without meaning Sexism by the way:

Guys and Girls are equal, so im not gonna let gender stand in the way.

however since im such a pacifist, i wouldnt hit anyone anyway. Unless i had to.

WaffleCopters

Dec 13, 2009
jdogtwodolla said:
That's not cool man, babies come from there.
Lol, i dont think Guys would hit that hard or in the right place. And anyway, where does sperm come from? And i believe girls would hit us there.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Technically it should be fine. I just couldn't do it. Unless you are being bullied by someone of the female gender, (which by God I hope you guys aren't)I would not see the need to in the first place.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
A guy hitting a girl is indeed cruel because ladies tend to be a bit less physically rugged.

A girl hitting a guy isn't okay either, really. Sure, the guy can take it better than she could, but it doesn't mean he enjoys pain.

If you're a guy hanging around a lady who enjoys hitting you, you should probably consider looking elsewhere for love before that psycho ***** decides to try a knife.

Ladies in the habit of hitting guys for fun should break that habit unless they're looking to land a guy who hits back.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Because if you hit her too hard she might not be able to make your sandwich later.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
eggy32 said:
For some reason people seem shocked by the fact that I'm as willing to hit a girl as I am to hit a boy, why is this?

Is it not sexist to say that girls cannot be hit by us guys? After all, males and females are apparently equals, so why does this not apply to violence.
It goes back to the days of Knigthood. For me atleast, I've taken that vow of chilvalry (its not dead, its just in a coma, with a brain hemorrage). The knight never hit the woman, but instead wooed her to gain her favor and trust. So that was beaten into our heads over the years that it was just impolite.

That, and I think it goes back to when girls are young and are stereotypically "dainty". Push them, get them dirty, they cry, and parents are always protective and always let your parents hear about it, and they just dont want to hear about it. Wtih boys, its more like we're just having fun. Its the same reason girls couldnt play football, hockey, baseball, basektball, etc. with boys, becauise we were "rougher" then girls were.

MrNickster

Apr 23, 2010
I think there is a bit of hippocrisy in the air when this goes around. Feminists are always ranting about equality, but when anything involving violence to women starts up, they rant about how women are inferior and weaker to men, so men should never attack them.

My view-if someone gets violent, regardless of gender, try your best to talk down the situation first. If that doesn't work, defend yourself. It doesn't matter if it's a guy or girl attacking you, the fact remains they are being violent and you are defending yourself.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
Women can abuse men as well, as a matter of fact the number of cases of women abusing men has been on steady increase in recent years in the UK

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Short and sweet, it is sexism, but the feminist movement is incredibly hypocritical. You want to be treated as an equal? Great, carry your own damn bags, assemble your own damn IKEA furniture or whatever it is you get a man to do for you, prepare to get hit if you hit me (or, at the very least, I'll immobilise you with either a hold or by exploiting pressure points) and shut up. And have you noticed how advertising has become incredibly sexist too? I'm actually offended by the 'So easy, a man can do it' slogans, and the advert with the motion sensor that sprays crap in the air, with the guy acting like a complete tool to get it to work again. In my experience, you want it to work again, you pick the damn thing up, look for a button, and if that doesn't work, you wave your hand a little, then bugger off, muttering 'smells like shit anyway'. And yet, it's fine to have that kind of thing on TV. The media would be in uproar if you had "so easy, a woman could do it!" as a slogan, so why not the other way around? The funny thing is, I have a lot of female friends, and they all think it's sexist too. Well, who the fuck are you appealing to then? You've instantly alienated half of the population, and the other half don't like your adverts or products anyway!

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Personally, if a girl hits me, I'll hit back.
I never initiate violence; I only retaliate.
Don't really give a shit if my opponent is big, small, male, female, whatever.
I'm going for the ribs.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
WaffleCopters said:
jdogtwodolla said:
That's not cool man, babies come from there.
Lol, i dont think Guys would hit that hard or in the right place. And anyway, where does sperm come from? And i believe girls would hit us there.
Damn right, I've already been attacked there by somebody of the female persuasion. Apparently, punching somebody in the tit hurts as much (although I doubt it, since nothing else could. Put it this way; the argument is that childbirth hurts more than being kicked in the balls, right? Oh, they say, it's agonising and goes on for hours and hours. Well, it's not, and here's why: when you're kicked in the balls, you don't go up to the guy who did it a year later and say, 'hey, can you kick me in the balls again?'), so, although it may hurt to damage (but not permanently, since they are only bags of fat biologically) one of God's greatest gifts to mankind, use that to your advantage.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
ThePostalDude said:
ThePostalDude said:
Girls give crap EXP and/or Loot
THIS A JOKE!!! HUMOR! NO BAN PLEASE!
It's alright, calm down. I asked who got the loot when that Chinese kid got killed in the WoW-addiction camp, and people just laughed. :D

comet5002

Mar 27, 2009
It's chivalry. But since chivalry is dying, I don't see how it'd be so much of a problem anymore.