Will you buy a One?

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
No. Microsoft sucks. I don't even like using Windows. All they do is copy other companies with shitty inferior knock offs and call it a day. Just look at their products like the Zune, their tablets and Windows 8, GFWL, and Microsoft adding a few 360 launch titles to xbox gold years after Sony started offering free, great games. They simply do not know how to make things their customers want. I'd consider buying a Wii U in the future for a few select titles but the xb1 doesn't even have that. I'm not crazy about Halo and Gears of and I doubt the current exclusives will even stay exclusive. I also despise their xbox gold practices, I would have no reason to get it if wasn't for the fact that hold back content that should be free. I don't even play online but I would have subscribed to ps+ anyway for the perks. There's also their targeted add bullshit.

And that's ignoring the fact that they tried to throw the gaming community under a bus then gloat about it. They have nothing I want have given me every reason I need to not want to support them

Edit: I should give credit where credit is due. I will admit that all the 180's show Microsoft might actually be learning but I'll need to see a few more years of this trend before I'm willing to invest money in them

Aug 19, 2010
Nope. Not buyin a PS4 either. But I am excited for the next gen consoles to get a console.
I'm looking to get a PS3, prolly one of the new slim ones, since with the release of the new consoles those might get a price cut soon, so I can get it relatively cheap. I'm going with the 3 because of the lack of backwards compatibility in the 4, but I'm really interested in quite a few of the exclusives (killzone, god of war, uncharted, infamous, last of us, etc).

While the Xbox One does look somewhat more appealing now than it did initially, I'm still not about to pay that much for it. Might get it once the next-next gen hits. Depends on which get the better exclusives in the long run, the Xbox One or PS4...

Wainamoinen

Jan 16, 2010
Yep. Xbox One seems like the superior console on all the things which matter. I'm not going to buy it at launch (because PC) but after the "mandatory" price drop after a year or so I'll probably pick it up.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
First I will wait to see what happens when it comes out so I can get a full review on it, then it depends how many GOOD games they release that don't require the damn Kinnect.

I really don't want to support any sort of DRM or any other stupid policy.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I've never been all that interest in the Microsoft consoles, albiet a few exclusives, and unless they make some title that I cannot go without (I'm looking at you, Rareware, or what's left of it), it's likely that I'll skip purchasing the XO.

Ryan Hughes

Jul 10, 2012
I have never bought an Xbox system, and I do not intend on buying the Xbox One. However, this may change depending one three reasonable conditions I have:

1) The system must be reliable. Both PS3 and Xbox 360 started off being notoriously unreliable machines. I am glad to say that Sony fixed this for the most part with their re-version, but unfortunately it seems the 360 still had many problems. The Xbox One will have to prove its reliability to me over time.

2) I already have a laptop that I use for skype and social media. Xbox must prove that it has a large library of quality games that are fun to play and also diverse. No more concentrating only on shooters and the so-called "core" market. New shooters are fine, but I want to see some platformers, RPGs, and adventure titles as well.

3) The price drops. I honestly cannot see a reason to spend $100 more for the Xbox One than the Ps4. The two machines are practically identical from the standpoint of their basic stats.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Nope. Ignoring all their anti-consumer bullshit and willingness to show complete disdain for their potential customers, my 360 has done nothing but collect dust and the one exclusive I got it for, the Fable series, ended up being utter shite.

I'll never say never, but I would need at least ten insane exclusives to make me even consider picking one up.

CloudAtlas

Mar 16, 2013
I'll probably by my first console ever this winter, and it's probably going to be an Xbox One.

But the only reasons for getting an Xbox, and not a PS4, would be familiarity, network effects, and, since Sony is Japanese and I don't like Japanese games, a hazy conjecture that there'll be more games I'd be interested in on this console.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
nope. no games that I personally find interesting. They still might catch up on that but looking at 360, I doubt it. It's not really a matter of quality, it's just that Xbox consoles generally don't offer the kind of games that I like.

Mar 5, 2011
No. Not at all. If there is any stellar games that are exclusive to the Xbone only then I will play them with friend's Xbone. But by the looks of it I won't be needing to. Also Xbone Live sucks. Microsoft sucks in general. The 360 was a box that you plug into your TV that is designed to siphon as much money as possible from you and the Xbone will do the same thing but more.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
The only console exclusive games I tend to care about these days seem to be Japanese. Microsoft has never been to interested in getting over wacky interesting stuff, they prefer the stuff like GTA and Halo which I've had enough of.

Xbone isnt as bad as it was when it got revealed, but it doesn't have my JRPG's. SO I'll have my PC for western stuff and the PS4 for what comes from the land of the rising sun.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
No. The Xbone and PS4 have both turned me off from future console investments outside a couple games for the current generation.

Sure it was all about money for them from the beginning, but at least back then they made the investments seem worthwhile.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Zeckt said:
yungr3zzyson said:
Zeckt said:
Never. Why are people so quick to forgive the 360's failure rate? are we really just going to cross our fingers and hope they don't screw us again? They did already with no remorse, they will do it again.
Why? Because they know what the problem was that made them fail so often, and with that knowledge they can incorporate that into the XBOX One.
Then you have faith in Microsoft that I have forever lost myself. It was not just 3 consoles for me, but 4 wireless controllers. BOTH my limited edition controllers died in 4 months so limited edition to microsoft must mean limited till it BREAKS edition. I hate microsoft so much, I want to see them BURN.
That's actually a normal reaction. If more people had that reaction to the RROD, we probably wouldn't have seen half the anti-consumer bs we saw with the xbone original announcement. With all the crap they got away with on the 360, of course they're going to push the limit to see how much their fans will really put up with. I'm just glad to see that there was a limit and that they were able to backtrack.
However, that doesn't meant that they can drip those features back in if their user base expands. One thing I've learned from owning a ps3 is that they can do whatever they want with the features of the machine; you have absolutely no say unless you don't want to update.

I'm not interested in any of the consoles right now. I still have quite a few games I want to play on my PS3; not to mention GTAV/Online which looks like it will be my go to game for a good year or so. Even after all that, I'm going to be getting any good multiplayer games for the PC as it's the only place where you still don't have to pay extra.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Most of what I would want on it will be on the pc so I see no reason to get one, really the only next gen system that is tempting me is the WiiU since nintendo makes good stuff and its the one most likely to get jrpg's which almost never come to the pc.

prowll

Aug 19, 2008
Given that I never touch my 360 in favor of my far superior PS3, AND most of the games I like are on PS3 or 4 AND it's 100$ less... Not seeing the attraction here.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
I'll get either a PS4 or Xbone in a few years time, when they're cheaper, have game catalogues that are worth investing in the console for, and have any hardware issues worked out and fixed. Buying a launch console is not for me one bit.

As for which one I'll choose, it depends on which is more appealing at the time. Currently PS4 looks most appealing to many as it hasn't been soiled by dodgy policies (that have been backtracked on, but still makes one think twice).

But plenty can change in a few years.

PS3 started out supporting backward compatibility and linux, features that they BACKTRACKED on. You don't think Sony would fuck everyone over with horrid DRM given the chance? The company who published music CDs that illegally installed rootkits onto people's computers. The company who sued gamers like us for hacking their consoles. Oh another example of Sony being dicks, does anyone remember the robot dog they made? Once they stopped producing and selling it, people hacked it to do more tricks, and guess what? they got sued! If you want to ***** at Microsoft for taking away consumer rights with their online DRM ideas, Sony should get twice as much hate for stopping the consumer's right to do what they want with their own hardware.

Microsoft may have had some unpopular ideas, but at least they were direct and honest about it. Sony will sell you a device and then take away features from it, and get away with it, because we live in a society that fucks over the consumer.

The fact is every large company is run by dicks, heck even Nintendo will get lawyers on your ass if you're not careful.

Sorry I went a bit off topic, short answer is I'll buy one of the consoles later on, based on the game selection, the price, the features, typical stuff.

jackinmydaniels

Jul 12, 2012
I might after a heavy price cut, just for Dead Rising 3 probably. But it definitely won't be anytime sooner than that.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
BiH-Kira said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
Even further, they're making the Xbox One able to last for at least 10 years [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-why-xbox-one-is-cool-and-quiet] now. So yeah, we're pretty covered now on this.
This is actually funny because it's a misleading information. Something bad with a huge coat of bullshit until it sounds nice.

Well, the problem is that it's 10 years of constant work, without turning on or off. That means that the actual lifespan for the wast majority is much less than 10 years. The element that takes away the most of the consoles lifespan is the turning on/off of it. The huge heat fluctuation is one of the major causes why electronic devices break.
If the console is constantly on, the heat fluctuation is minimal.
If you plan to turn it on/off only 2 times per day, it's alrady worse than if it was running the whole day.

Also, a 10 year lifespan is shirt anyways. My NES, SNES, N64, GC, GB, GBC, GBA and PS1 are still running fine (the GC and PS1 have some problems because of dust 'n' lasers 'n' shit, but still running).

They are basically saying "this shit will break less than the 360, but isn't even close to being quality stuff".

Jacco said:
I'm so fucking tired of this "they showed their true colors" crap. They added the features they did because they were trying to build the Xbox into something more than a gaming system. They thought people would like and appreciate the new features while still giving the publishers and developers a cut of profits they were missing out on. They were trying to make everyone happy and it backfired.

It wasn't a calculated attempt to undermine the consumer. It was a way to help everyone be happy.

The very fact they took consumer feedback and acted on it, essentially killing everything they wanted the Xbox One to be, should be applauded and rewarded. Microsoft showed they are indeed a company that cares about their consumers and what we
First of all, gaming is a business for them and the publisher. So I don't care even a tiny bit about their happiness. They are happy if they get my money for nothing, I am happy if I get the game for nothing. Our happiness is mutually exclusive. Sooo... lets just say that I pick my happiness over their happiness.

If MS is going make the publisher (the rich guys who are already making far more money than they deserve) happy by taking away my happiness and my rights... well, fuck them.

And no, they didn't try to make everyone happy. They tried to make their pockets as full as possible while spining this shit until it sounds good.

Second, the very fact that it took a huge backslash of the fans for MS to realize how badly they fucked up the One just shows how out of touch with reality they actually are. They aren't "killing" those "features" because they understand the feedback they got. No, they "kill" those "feature" because they realized they will earn a lot less if they don't do.

They didn't do a 180 because they realized they are wrong, they did it because it brings more money for now. They don't understand why and what is wrong with the Xbone, which means they will repeat it the next moment they get a chance to get away with it.

There is a gigantic difference between correcting a mistake because you know it's a mistake and correcting it because someone told you so.
Notice that I said AT LEAST 10 years. It could probably last for a lot longer. Also, the old systems still run because they were using less complex, and generally less parts than the newer consoles, which are now pretty much acting like full-blown PC's at this point. You ever see a PC screw up? Of course you have. Does that mean that each PC is a horridly built machine? No. Same for the Xbox One.
-
You see, your problem is you're letting emotion get into this. The whole picture is very simple. Business sell a product(s) or service(s) to get money. You choose whether you want a product or service they are selling. If so, you give them money, and they give you a product/service. Simple as that. It only matters that some products were bad at any time in the past in terms of quality and even then, most companies have churned out a lot mistakes. Sony isn't perfect by a longshot (gaming pun intended) either.

Microsoft made a product. They made mistakes, they fixed a huge chunk of them. Yet people are acting like emotional kids saying 'BAAHH!! Micro$oft is evil! I'll never ever buy from them never ever!!!!' It doesn't matter if a company cares about its consumers or not. What matters is what they're selling. And quite frankly, I fail to see a problem with it anymore.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
No, because I don't watch that much TV :D

I could do with a water cooler mind you.